So I Keep Hearing About Mods.

27 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

idk if im going to mod this one. hardly have enough time to play the game let alone fix it. might screw with the map generator though.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 December 2019 - 09:48 PM.

#22 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 December 2019 - 02:46 AM

I really want to give a try. (just waiting for the mod tools)

#23 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 18 December 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

the game has been out for only week, you're gonna need to give modders some time to actually mod ya know. I'd say check back in a couple months and there should be some good ones starting to come around

That was enough time for me to research the Game Files and programm some Tools to extract/inject new Textures, Sound/Music and Text. For now im looking on all the Gamefiles that are inside, but not used by the Game.
Like Thermal Vision or Animations.

This is not a Engine were you easy can Copy/Paste some Stuff and the "Community" is very quiet.
Try to use UE-Viewer from Gildor, extract some Stuff and then...try to get it back in the Game Posted Image

Years ago People shared Information, helped each other...
This Days...to much People want to make Money or just Fame.
Most People downloading a Mod rarly say thanks, just leeching Stuff.
"Some" start to be Rude or have some other mental problems...wen there is something in the Mod they do not like.
Forget...a Mod way mostly created because the one who did it...do not like something and changed it.

That's why i personaly do not release my Tools anymore or upload very rarley a Mod.
My Nexusmod Profile is very empty.
I spend a lot freetime to this hobby, if i get back weird things wen i make anything public..i just stop it.

Maybe other People made the same experience and that is why there are not much Mod's actual for MW5.
This is just my Opinion, no offence to everyone, Animals or the man in the Moon.

#24 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:44 PM

This game needs a seriously good Map editor, dont know if thats something the modders can create or whether PGI has to create, if its PGI then i have no confidence they can create a decent one or one at all.
Being able to create decent sized maps where you can add assets both current ingame assets and 3rd party assets, things like patrol routes, triggers ect would add a tremendous amount off replay ability.
Someone should look at the Operation Flashpoint // Arma series map editors (looking at you PGI).

#25 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

@Adrian
Have your tried to go to Discords modding channel or reddit? Since MWOs forums are basicly the same handfull of people and from those few finding another modder is a realy slim chance. From the last time I was on the discord there where ~3000 people online. A number the forum with its...don't know 10 ??? people can dream of.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 18 December 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

So who are the modders, where are they and where are the tools?

Adrian Pride has completed the very first (and technically the second) mod for MW5 both found here. He created his own tools.

I myself am modding, my tools will be PGI's released toolkit (to get it into the game once available), Wings3D/Blender (3d modeling/animating where necessary), Excel (pre-planning, stat developing, etc), Gimp (for editing textures) and Battletech source material for ideas and direction considering I'm making lore weaponry, including the Cyclops Eye large laser/PPC hybrid.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:07 PM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 03 January 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

That was enough time for me to research the Game Files and programm some Tools to extract/inject new Textures, Sound/Music and Text. For now im looking on all the Gamefiles that are inside, but not used by the Game.
Like Thermal Vision or Animations.

This is not a Engine were you easy can Copy/Paste some Stuff and the "Community" is very quiet.
Try to use UE-Viewer from Gildor, extract some Stuff and then...try to get it back in the Game Posted Image

Years ago People shared Information, helped each other...
This Days...to much People want to make Money or just Fame.
Most People downloading a Mod rarly say thanks, just leeching Stuff.
"Some" start to be Rude or have some other mental problems...wen there is something in the Mod they do not like.
Forget...a Mod way mostly created because the one who did it...do not like something and changed it.

That's why i personaly do not release my Tools anymore or upload very rarley a Mod.
My Nexusmod Profile is very empty.
I spend a lot freetime to this hobby, if i get back weird things wen i make anything public..i just stop it.

Maybe other People made the same experience and that is why there are not much Mod's actual for MW5.
This is just my Opinion, no offence to everyone, Animals or the man in the Moon.

really depends on the modding community. this one is really too new to tell what it will eventually grow into. i don't expect anything as good as the freespace or kerbal mod communities. ive modded games going as far back as descent 2, quake 1&2, freelancer (not an easy game to mod), freespace and kerbal, and some others. these days i usually put what i learned modding to work on my own game engine. but i don't really expect anything to become of it (though notch said something similar about his cave game). idk what i will do with mech 5, if anything at all.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 January 2020 - 06:08 PM.

#28 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 04 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

Check Nexus mods there a few out already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users