2 replies to this topic

#1 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:11 PM

To all the aspiring snipers out there who play assassin type missions; there is a 'High Reward' assassin mission with a very obvious high ground spot. From there, snipe the target dead... and... nothing happens?

I wandered through the waypoints, killed everything else, but the final waypoint where the target was dead did not trigger, the target never identified. After wandering for another 10 minutes or so, I finally aborted the mission.

To ensure that was the target, I repeated the mission twice. Once with a proper approach (target identified, killed, mission successful). Then a second time sniping the same enemy once again and once again mission could not be completed.

Now it states in the mission briefing to identify the target then kill it; so maybe it's by design that you can't sniper kill assassination targets.

Bug or not? Thoughts?

Edit: fixed typo.

Edited by Flyby215, 22 December 2019 - 07:12 PM.

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:58 AM

I almost had something similar happen, but was still able to complete,
just so happen the target got behind some buildings before the death blow, and I had to get closer, once I was in the way point, or close enough, the target was identified as the target, and only barely alive before I finished them,
so you kinda answered my curiosity, if I had killed him before identified, if the mission would complete or not.

Now I have assassinate targets before waypoint reached, but they came out to me, and were identified, I still had to go to waypoint after they were gone, but they were identified as the target before they met their maker

I would say bug, at least a oversight in coding, if you killed Target, and got close enough after to identify the targets corps, but still won't identify

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 23 December 2019 - 01:00 AM.

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:00 AM

I think you have to walk over to the target's location after it dies, and it triggers the "event"..

I had a wierd one myself.. I launched a quest to kill that Varsythe guy, and the dropship put me smack in the middle of his forces.. I was like "walk out of dropship, turn around, alpha the target twice, walk back to dropship"..

The problem was that the pickup was 1700 meters away, so I had to "deal" with all the other mobs, but still.. the target was dead withing 30 seconds of leaving my dropship..

Strange, no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users