Friendly Fire

7 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Satsama

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Has anyone found a way to keep your own lancemates from doing more damage to you than the enemy? I am constantly taking PPC's in the back from my own mechs.

#2 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

you have to micromanage them if it's an issue for you

#3 Tsarsa Lyra

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:20 PM

The player is immune to friendly fire. The AI can damage each other but they can't damage you. When you get hit by their ppc all that happens is the distortion effect, there is no damage.

#4 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:20 PM

View PostMarcus Satsama, on 26 January 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Has anyone found a way to keep your own lancemates from doing more damage to you than the enemy? I am constantly taking PPC's in the back from my own mechs.

They cannot damage you, but they can damage each other (and you them). Using the individual "go here" commands can help mitigate this, but they are definitely going to shoot friendlies in range no matter what. The AI apparently doesn't check in any way related to preventing friendly fire.

I still find them to unload into each others backs even with careful placement, usually when they are attacking light Mechs close to another lancemate. Which is why I personally won't let them use SRM's, unfortunately.

I'm still hoping a modder will tackle this issue, or at the very least disable team damage until a reasonable (performance wise) solution can be found.

#5 Marcus Satsama

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:28 PM

Well, one good thing came of this thread already... I didn't know they weren't hurting me. That being the case, I'll worry less about myself and more about them not shooting each other. :) Thanks!

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

Have you tired not standing in front of their PPCs?

It works miracles..

They will however still shoot eachother.. that's unavoidable..

#7 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:22 AM

While the AI's are in maintain formation mode, turn less. If you make wider slower turns (navigate the formation rather than just your own mech) your AI's tend to cross in front of each other less and maintain better fire lanes. That doesn't eliminate it, but it does reduce it.

#8 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

PGI please add an option to turn on/off friendly fire or turn it off completely. I think that it is an easier solution than remaking AI behaviour, team damage between AI lancemates is horrible!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users