Lb 10X-Sld Vs. Ac10

10 replies to this topic

#1 Fippy Darkpaw

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:33 AM

What's the deal with the LB 10X-SLD? From the stats alone, it appears to be superior to the AC10 in every way. Better range, no spread like the normal LB 10X, better velocity, better DPS. Is there anything I'm missing here, or is this simply a superior replacement for the AC10?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

It's a superior upgrade. Just blindly buy them and start killing.

#3 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:54 AM

View PostFippy Darkpaw, on 27 December 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

What's the deal with the LB 10X-SLD? From the stats alone, it appears to be superior to the AC10 in every way. Better range, no spread like the normal LB 10X, better velocity, better DPS. Is there anything I'm missing here, or is this simply a superior replacement for the AC10?

Here's the deal with LB-X weaponry in general: It is LosTech. Standard ACs are not. LB-X weapons are superior to their standard counterparts in every way, as LosTech tends to be. In Battletech, the LB X family could fire cluster and slug munitions from the same weapon. So to answer your question: Yes, it is basically a replacement for the AC10...

As the game's timeline progresses and certain historical events go whizzing by, you'll notice the LB 10X Cluster/SLD becomes more available, as the IS regained the knowledge to make them. Interestingly enough, the LB 10X we have is supposedly inferior still to the original, lost-to-time SLDF version.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostFippy Darkpaw, on 27 December 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

In tabletop, LB-10X firing DPAD rounds (Dual-Purpose Armor-Defeating Rounds) [aka LB-10X "Solid slug" in MW5] is an outright superior weapon system due in part to the LBX's use of several types of lightweight rapid-heat dissipating alloys (lighter weight, less heat that your heatsinks need to deal with) combined with its onboard Mercury IV fire control equipment. That electronic system gives the cannon a better hit probability at "all ranges", as well as extending its maximum effective range by 20% over any equivalent AC/10 caliber.

Since PGI can't really create any kind of smart aiming system to reflect that, it simply gets a faster projectile that basically makes it easier to hit what you shoot at, fulfilling the fluff of being able to hit things more easily.

Given that you are paying 3x as much for the ammunition compared to standard AC/10 rounds... meh. I would avoid using it when you're broke if you have to deal with re-arming costs (I haven't tried to break down my repair costs yet to see if rearming costs money) but otherwise yes it is a canonically outright superior weapon.

Other fun knowledge about the LBX.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 27 December 2019 - 01:19 AM.

#5 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

Although PGI hates ammo types there are several ammo types that regular and light AC's can fire but LBXs can not ( https://www.sarna.ne...ecial_Munitions ) that make them more appealing, but as changing ammo to PGI is lost tech in stock MW5 just treat is as an upgrade.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 27 December 2019 - 02:10 AM.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:04 AM

I noticed the LBX 10 does 11 danamge, while the regular AC10 BFdoes 12?

But the LBX has almost double the range..

#7 Fippy Darkpaw

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:09 AM

Thank you guys for the replies! Good to know that there isn't anything I'm missing, and I will continue to use the solid shot LBX.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:31 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 December 2019 - 03:04 AM, said:

I noticed the LBX 10 does 11 danamge, while the regular AC10 BFdoes 12?

But the LBX has almost double the range..

Actual damage depends on the tier.

In some tiers, the AC/10 is doing more damage.

#9 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:05 AM

Does the LB-10X still have the crit damage bonus for wrecking structure and internals?

#10 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

So in short.

LBX slug/ scattershot, AC burst and UAC's are on par with each other but for different uses and the standard AC is below them in every regard?

I havent got to use UACS or LBX yet but from what you say and from other sources.

For agaisnt mechs.
LBX slug are just a plainly better pin-pointer than regular AC, the LBX scatter shot is a monster very up close against single component and critting otherwise, UACS are useful for damage increase for the cost of jamming, burst AC is a bit longer range, in-fighters choice like with LBX scattershot?

I know some weapons should be plainly better due to logiacal tech progression. But Im mostly all for alternatives and side grades, well equal weapons but better for certain roles.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostTordin, on 28 December 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

So in short.

LBX slug/ scattershot, AC burst and UAC's are on par with each other but for different uses and the standard AC is below them in every regard?

I havent got to use UACS or LBX yet but from what you say and from other sources.

For agaisnt mechs.
LBX slug are just a plainly better pin-pointer than regular AC, the LBX scatter shot is a monster very up close against single component and critting otherwise, UACS are useful for damage increase for the cost of jamming, burst AC is a bit longer range, in-fighters choice like with LBX scattershot?

I know some weapons should be plainly better due to logiacal tech progression. But Im mostly all for alternatives and side grades, well equal weapons but better for certain roles.

AC/10s are superior for building destruction over their BF counterparts. They tend to destroy absolutely obscene areas.

BF ACs tend to get more collective damage output than the single-shot ACs and seem to fire faster. The downfall is they also seem to accumulate heat quicker too. Single shot ACs have certain obvious advantages, naturally, like putting it all in one spot.

But yes, the LB-10X "slug" is almost outright superior except in the cost department. Costs more to get it, to fix it, to get ammo for it.

As for side grades, you'll like my mod.
First iteration will just be the weapon additions and supplying them to mechs. Second will be setting up where they can be found and making sure each has a unique 3D model.

Each weapon system follows a straightforward ruleset: Every weapon must be able to reach its damage in 5 seconds or less, and every weapon system must be able to do it again within 10 seconds of the first time you click. Doesn't matter if it fires once or 70,000 times.

In the first spoiler is a quick list of lore/design completed weapons (there's a lot more, but these are the 100% finished ones as in all their details, their fluff text, all stats, where they can be found, what mechs may have them stock, what mechs are being fielded by whom customized with these weapons, etc.)

Spoiler

So just with the ones I've listed as complete, there's 115 weapons... and that's just the finished ones I felt like listing (as I skipped most of the lasers and all the missiles), then there are Rifles, Arrow IV, Mech Mortars... Just... if you think Demolishers are threats in MW5 right now... let's just say I can't wait to see the youtube videos of first encounters with a Demolisher after the mod. Then again, when people first encounter the Warrior VTOL and J-Edgar hovercraft for the first time after installing my mod would also be priceless (100+ kph CRUISING speeds, not even top speed... compared to Warrior's suicidally slow flight and J-Edgar's barely 30 kph in MW5. Now add hovercraft physics on top of that instead of the tank physics it currently uses. [I know it'll bump and bounce into walls; I'm counting on it but will have it adjusted so it doesn't destroy buildings. Why am I counting on it? Well if you run hovercraft with all the rules, high speed turns are disasterous... but coasting sideways or even backward Star Control/Asteroids-style so you can fire... priceless. Now imagine what would happen when they come out to harass you.)

Anyway, every weapon has give-and-take.
There are a few that set basic standards with very little variation.
The rest are varied but have moderate to extreme give-and-take.
In the spoiler below is a few examples in just the MLs.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 28 December 2019 - 10:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users