Cold Storage Wtf

10 replies to this topic

#1 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

How could PGI release the game without the ability to sell from cold storage ? Did they not play MW5 for more than a few hours ? Pretty sure anyone that has played long enough to have max mech slots filled is annoyed by having to put a mech they want down to sell others.

#2 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:24 AM

Yes, not being able to sell from cold storage is a pain. I just keep one bay empty to sell salvaged mechs from myself. Not a real big deal but I can see were it may be bothersome to those that feel they must have all of the bays filled.

#3 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:36 PM

it's really annoying when you are doing multiple missions 3-4, that last mechbay becomes vital

#4 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Yes, some of these Quality of Life issues with the game are perplexing, selling from Cold Storage being one of the glaring ones.

Cold Storage doesn't seem to have been thought through very well either. It really is a cheat that you can strip a mech instantly and C-Bill free by putting it into cold storage and then removing it. On the other hand, since I have to move an active to cold storage in order to sell salvaged mechs, I'm not complaining about that cheat too much yet.

Edit: At around the 45:00 mark, Selling from Cold Storage is likely to come in late January.

Edited by Five by Five, 30 December 2019 - 02:19 PM.

#5 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

In Russ Dev update with NGNG he said they didn't implement selling from cold storage over concerns about clearly communicating to the player "you are selling from active mechbay" vs "you are selling from cold storage". I'd think a mech location flag would not be that complicated, but I'm no software dev.

I'm hoping they implement selling from cold storage soon :)

#6 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:46 PM

How about being _only_ able to sell from cold storage?
I mean, the mechs in the bay are in active service, while the ones in cold storage are in, well, storage.
Seems to me to be the logical place to sell from.

#7 BinaryDuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostGrimm Shado, on 31 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

In Russ Dev update with NGNG he said they didn't implement selling from cold storage over concerns about clearly communicating to the player "you are selling from active mechbay" vs "you are selling from cold storage". I'd think a mech location flag would not be that complicated, but I'm no software dev.

The thing is, the game already have a way to detect if you have a mech in cold storage or not, since when you are starting a mission you can only choose mechs that are in the active tab, diverting the selling screen to only show mechs from the cold storage to be sold would not be hard at all(at least thinking on programing logic).

As Hawk_eye said, the best option and more simplets to implement would be to only be able to sell mechs in cold storage, you don't need to create another tab and needs to just divert the information the tab is working with from the mech bays to cold storage.

Edited by BinaryDuck, 01 January 2020 - 04:49 AM.

#8 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

View PostHawk_eye, on 31 December 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

How about being _only_ able to sell from cold storage?
I mean, the mechs in the bay are in active service, while the ones in cold storage are in, well, storage.
Seems to me to be the logical place to sell from.

This seems like the best idea, and after you've been playing for more than a few hours would be the default since you need all 12 mechbays occupied with battle ready mechs.

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:36 AM

View PostGrimm Shado, on 31 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

I'm hoping they implement selling from cold storage soon Posted Image

This point has no merit, since when you have to sell a mech you just dragged from cold storage into active mechs, they all show up in the same list in the marketplace. If you right-click to insta-sell (like you should) you can easily click the wrong mech and sell your prized Atlas instead of the scrap Assassin, without any way of getting it back except re-buying at double the price.

it would be much easier to simply sell from cold storage or have an extra "cold storage" tab in the marketplace "battlemechs" section..

Easy fix for an annoying issue.

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 January 2020 - 04:38 AM.

#10 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

An annoying work around we have currently found... is you can sell active mechs from the mechbay, and then buy them back for the exact same price.. and not stripped, and I think with the same paint job?

So you sell a mech or two, then pull mechs from cold storage... sell them, and then you buy back the actual mechs you usually use for the same price you sold them for... and now you've cleaned your cold storage, and you didn't have to strip, and then equip your mechs.

Selling from cold storage would make way more sense.

#11 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostNecroconvict, on 02 January 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

An annoying work around we have currently found... is you can sell active mechs from the mechbay, and then buy them back for the exact same price.. and not stripped, and I think with the same paint job?

I've noticed sold mechs are for sale at the same price but I hadn't actually tried to sell and buy back yet. That seems a lot smoother than the method I've been using though, will try it tonight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users