Custom Pilot On Campaign

2 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

Anyone ever feel that there would be little take away if the Player Character was just silent?

FO3, FN:V, and Skyrim were great role-playing games, while the character was rather silent, there was only dialogue options.

MW5 could have just given us generic pilots with generic responses, but left us with silent dialogue options. That would have been better right? We get a bit more invested with our personal avatar, and we still get to be daughter/son to daddy, it still fits with the story anyways.

#2 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

I have to agree.
The story is pretty meh anyways, and the fact that I can't create my character, don't have any choices whatsoever when it comes to talking to the crew (what little interaction there is) - well, it sure doesn't help.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

I just imagne you beeing silent...

Ryana: Your dad was killed, lets get revange.
You: ......
Ryana: Sir, you seam...quite. Everything allright?
You:......
Ryana: Sir we need your full attention on this, are you with us?
You: ....
Ryana: Fahad...the commander...seams....silent. Maybe he is still in shock.
Fahad: Damn you are right...well we better bring him to a psychiatrist and forget about all the revenge stuff
Ryana: Yah lets call the doc, you get the white west?
You ......

Game ends ^_^

Sometimes it makes sense to have a silent protagonist like when you have multiple answereing choices that you read and then select one or you go the Gordon Freeman way but in this case....no. The story is allready thin enough. Haveing some kind of dialoge at all is needed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users