Where Are The Repair Bays?

19 replies to this topic

#1 StoneofShame

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

Seriously where are they? It seems kinda stupid to introduce a mechanic in the tutorial and have it never actually appear in any other mission in the entire game, especially in the horrible slog of the SL starport where all of the enemy's shots seem to find your center torso no matter what you do.

Edited by StoneofShame, 02 January 2020 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

Whoops! Forgot to add them. But don't worry friendo, that's another low hanging fruit for the basket! I'm sure modders can add Smash & Grab missions, Turret Generators, EMP Towers and Repair Bays back into the game for the procedurally generated missions. Not a big deal.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

Strong the sarcasm is with this one

#4 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:05 PM

Does it count as a joke if that's what PGI actually 100% unironically expects us to do?

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

I wouldn't say they aspect us to do it but on the other hand it feels like some of the missions where done at different stages of development. So the stuff like repair bays where added in later? Like the entire story was added in later on. IIRC it was said that it was only started beeing worked on in the last year of development.

#6 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

It's pretty lame and lazy game development

why ad a repair station in one mission only to never have them in the main game.

it smacks of we have to shoe horn it in once because we said it would be in the game..

another negative thing to add to the growing list, the more I play it.

#7 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

There are repair bays to use in the final campaign mission. So, technically they included it. It’s a bit ridiculous that it’s only in the last mission though. The “pick up” mechanic you see in the first mission after the tutorial, you don’t see that again.

#8 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:32 AM

There's one in the early mission where you gain the pilot in the Jenner. I haven't seen a working one after that.

#9 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:52 AM

Honestly, I'm glad they do not make common appearances. I hate the whole repair bay concept, it clashes with the rest of the game. "Sure, you could spend thousands of c-bills and a week or so repairing your armor in the dropship, or zip, do it in 20 seconds and for free in a repair bay." Don't like them at all.

Edited by Five by Five, 03 January 2020 - 07:53 AM.

#10 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:49 AM

View PostThe Amazing Atomic Spaniel, on 03 January 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

There's one in the early mission where you gain the pilot in the Jenner. I haven't seen a working one after that.

Forgot about that one.....so yeah 2x in the game you see them.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:50 AM

View PostStoneofShame, on 02 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Seriously where are they? It seems kinda stupid to introduce a mechanic in the tutorial and have it never actually appear in any other mission in the entire game, especially in the horrible slog of the SL starport where all of the enemy's shots seem to find your center torso no matter what you do.

I know of at least one during the first encounter with an allied mech.
I didn't get to use it but it stands out because the Griffin destroyed the generator for both my turrets and what I discovered later was the generator for my repair bay.

While complaining about how a rushed merc company manages two generators when raiders camped out in a base only manage a single generator for their entire turret network, someone explained the second was for a repair bay.. and I was like...o_o
I had the best encounter in the whole game so far simply because I didn't have one, and had to manage as best as I could with a jackal that had one leg, one arm, against a pretty healthy griffin while my Jenner ally wasn't doing so hot (and got 'em).

Edited by Koniving, 03 January 2020 - 09:57 AM.

#12 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 03 January 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

Honestly, I'm glad they do not make common appearances. I hate the whole repair bay concept, it clashes with the rest of the game. "Sure, you could spend thousands of c-bills and a week or so repairing your armor in the dropship, or zip, do it in 20 seconds and for free in a repair bay." Don't like them at all.

Makes Fahad and his boys seem pretty incompetent....yeah it’s a dumb mechanic that should have stayed out of the game. Just adjust the difficulty on the last mission a bit to compensate for not having those repair bays and it’s all fine.

#13 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 02 January 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

There are repair bays to use in the final campaign mission. So, technically they included it. It’s a bit ridiculous that it’s only in the last mission though. The “pick up” mechanic you see in the first mission after the tutorial, you don’t see that again.

Yet another game play element that is already in the game that PG I could have used to make missions more varied. Pick up mechanic could have been used for a new Mission type, or even just a Varian on the raid missions. Perhaps they could have sprinkled them in certain buildings so that if you found it you can recover them and get a slight bonus to your pay at the end of the mission or a special piece of Salvage.

This game is like a Lego kit. It has a whole bunch of pieces that by themselves are nothing special, but when pieced together correctly, they can make something great. Unfortunately, the model PGI put together will all these parts is mediocre at best. Unlike some people, I don't have much faith that mods will save this game. But I can still hope that mods save this game.

#14 Lord Sevenous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 360 posts
  • LocationGermany, Münster (North Rhine-Westphalia)

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

View PostIlfi, on 02 January 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

Whoops! Forgot to add them. But don't worry friendo, that's another low hanging fruit for the basket! I'm sure modders can add Smash & Grab missions, Turret Generators, EMP Towers and Repair Bays back into the game for the procedurally generated missions. Not a big deal.

There are Turret Generators in procedurally generated missions. I`ve only found them in fortyfied structures and they control only the turrets near this structure so its almost always easier to just destroy the Turrets instead of searching for the little Buildings. Even protecting them in Defend or Warzone missions is almost impossible since even a Locust can and will make a beeline and destroying them by just running over them.

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:40 AM

View PostStoneofShame, on 02 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Seriously where are they? It seems kinda stupid to introduce a mechanic in the tutorial and have it never actually appear in any other mission in the entire game

Russ explained in a recent developer interview that coding games is hard, and getting harder all the time.

#16 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:40 AM

It would be nice to buy a mobile repair bay as an option when selecting a mission, along side the salvage and insurance. Drop it in a random place near one of the objectives in a mission, or have an option to call one down.

#17 Fippy Darkpaw

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:55 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 03 January 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

Honestly, all these people screaming about how their immersion is broken by a system that spawns in enemies, but have no problem with a system that magics their armour back on in seconds.

#18 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

Really tired of people using lore to make video games worse.

#19 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

View PostIlfi, on 04 January 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Really tired of people using lore to make video games worse.

As someone who loves the Btech lore, I whole-heartily support your post.

All those guys who crap on Mech Assault for how it did whatever it wanted with the "lore". Whatever, it was a fun shooter game and I had fun playing it because it was decently designed game. If I want hardcore lore, I will crack open my sourcebooks for the Tabletop game.

#20 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

The last story mission has two reparbays so you can withstand the waves on waves of assautls comming in. Thats it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users