[Dndp] Faerun Privateers

13 replies to this topic

#1 FeuerAegis

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, just past the OA.

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Due to circumstances, we are closing our door. Right now we're in the process of finding new units for our members where they can enjoy the game. Many apologies.

Come, those of whom who are dissatisfied with the way of the Clans, who have seen the errors in the ways we were raised to. Come, those of the Inner Sphere, who are rejected to the fringes of society, and cast out. Come, those who seek a banner to fly united under.

Marcon Vadmere, Khan and founder of the Faerun Privateers, 3052.

Posted Image

The Faerun Privateers are a dual purpose unit, our first purpose is to provide a respectful, fun, and overall kind environment for players of all skill levels to play, learn from each other, and all together just have fun in. To this end we have an enforced code of conduct on unit member behavior on and off the battlefield, provide training activities run by several trainers, frequently hop in Faction Play, and in general play for our enjoyment of the game. Our other purpose, which as of this post (1/5/2020) is still getting off the ground and being worked on, is to provide a roleplay environment where people both new to the Battletech universe and old hands at it can get involved and enjoy themselves. To help people to this end we have a skilled Loremaster who is happy to help people work out details for their characters.

We formed early 2019, and in recent months have grown significantly, we currently host an active community of people in our unit, as well as guests who jump with us on a regular basis. We hope to be a house that everyone can have fun without being disparaged in a nonconstructive way.

I’ve seen a lot of units die since I joined the game, a fair few of them were communities I dropped with once upon a time. Some of their members still exist but have no home to call their own any longer. I know this is not isolated to just people I know, but is a wider phenomenon in the community. So I invite ye scattered souls to come forth, and join us. We don’t care what faction you drop, we don’t care about your skill level, we will just enjoy your company. Feel free to join our discord regardless of if you want to join the unit or not.

The Code of Conduct to be followed by unit members, and all people when they are on the server is as follows –

1. The core rule of the Faerun Privateers is respect. We respect each other, our allies, and our enemies. This is most important in respecting the differences that may exist between us. Failure to respect someone’s identity, or ideology, will be punishable.

2. Do not actively recruit people who are currently in units. If someone makes the choice of their own free will. Attempting to unit-snipe may result in removal from the unit and will guaranteed result in loss of leadership rank.

3. Members of leadership cannot be in leadership roles in other units on other accounts. All leadership members are expected to put this unit first among units that they are a part of.

4. Respect the calls made by authority. To appeal a decision, if it was made by the moderators bring it to the attention of the Khan or SaKhan, to appeal the decision made by a Khan or SaKhan contact the moderation staff and Lieutenants. Once the final call is made by one of these parties, it is final. Please note the Khan overrules all parties in this situation should the need arise.

5. All image content posted on this server must be Safe For Work. Discussion in the voice channels can be vulgar, but image content must remain SFW.

6. At any point in time a Moderator or member of the command staff (Lieutenant and above) can call for a change in topic if the topic is divisive or likely to start arguments. This is primarily in relation to politics. If you feel a topic was censored in error, please contact the Khan and a SaKhan.

Anyways, without further adieu, our server link: https://discord.gg/g3cTyWh

Edited by FeuerAegis, 20 May 2020 - 04:21 PM.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

I'm curious as to how Faerun Privateers translates to a Dndp tag

#3 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:16 PM

View PostVxheous, on 05 January 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

DnD or D&D if you prefer.
Faerun is from there.
P for Privateers.
But, yeah, that's how I figure it.

#4 FeuerAegis

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:11 AM

View PostVxheous, on 05 January 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

View Post50 50, on 05 January 2020 - 11:16 PM, said:

DnD or D&D if you prefer.
Faerun is from there.
P for Privateers.
But, yeah, that's how I figure it.

Honestly when I was coming up with the unit name I did not know what to name it for a while. Eventually my mind went back to D&D, which was a huge part of what I did in college with my friend group. Now I wanted it to be a roleplay unit already so that just kind of worked. Sadly, nearly all variants of [FP] were taken already. So, I hopped over to D&D in place of the F.

Also, Ghost, you're one of the designated trainers bruh why ya gotta post that xD

Yeah we're not amazing but we are getting better, listening to people who are our betters about how to play, and doing our best to try and get organized enough to not bottom barrel.

#5 D1SCIPLE

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:31 AM

I don't recall us ever being called the best, We are a group that loves to play and hangout together. We want to play and get better and more importantly I wanted a place to play where I did not have to play with others that feel they are to good to play with and do not attack others. We do not tolerate players that feel they are better than anyone else and do not harass others based on Religion, Sexual Preference or Political Affiliations.

#6 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:00 AM

o7, I see you guys drop a lot. Good luck building up your unit and remember the best reason for dropping is to blow up stompy robots.

#7 FeuerAegis

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

View Postccrider, on 08 January 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

o7, I see you guys drop a lot. Good luck building up your unit and remember the best reason for dropping is to blow up stompy robots.

Thank ya! We're still working out kinks and all that, but hey, most new units have those. We're trying to drop a lot, if nothing else than to be seen as a fun group of folx.

And yiss, robot stomping.

#8 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

Good drop on emerald taiga attack last night. Was a good win. Nice playing with all of you; thanks for letting me call and maybe we will catch each other in future drops. O7

#9 FeuerAegis

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

View Postccrider, on 12 January 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

Good drop on emerald taiga attack last night. Was a good win. Nice playing with all of you; thanks for letting me call and maybe we will catch each other in future drops. O7

I know I'm not great at drop calling, so when I can get someone else to do it it makes me quite happy. I know yall had a couple players with ya, you got a discord I can add to my collection of places?

In other news, one of our unit members projects, the Memory Core, a compilation of every resource he could find on MWO + lore put together by another member of our community is publicly released and available at our discord.

#10 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

View PostFeuerAegis, on 12 January 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

I know I'm not great at drop calling, so when I can get someone else to do it it makes me quite happy. I know yall had a couple players with ya, you got a discord I can add to my collection of places?

In other news, one of our unit members projects, the Memory Core, a compilation of every resource he could find on MWO + lore put together by another member of our community is publicly released and available at our discord.
Was just me and Azzael last night. We still use TS cause I'm a stubborn ******* but here it is:

rodcbr1.teamspeak3.com. No password, I dont belive in putting up gates.

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:47 PM

View PostMW Bandit, on 08 January 2020 - 01:31 AM, said:

I don't recall us ever being called the best, We are a group that loves to play and hangout together. We want to play and get better and more importantly I wanted a place to play where I did not have to play with others that feel they are to good to play with and do not attack others. We do not tolerate players that feel they are better than anyone else and do not harass others based on Religion, Sexual Preference or Political Affiliations.

https://imgur.com/a/c0Jww3K

Insinuating people are hacking is fair game though.

When are you gonna actually produce any of the footage of all the stuff you claim? If anything, just for our amusement.

You'll never get better if you claim opponents are hacking, like you do.

Tell you a secret, they aint hacking.

#12 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:23 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 January 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

When are you gonna actually produce any of the footage of all the stuff you claim? If anything, just for our amusement.

Posted Image

#13 FeuerAegis

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

All right - I know there is some problems yet to be addressed in my community as it grows. But this thread aint the place. If ya got problems with something, please add me on discord at FeuerAegis#9514 or add my primary SaKhan Tediphus Rex #4191

I would like to address all concerns had be they between individual players, or with my unit as a whole. We're working on things, and still adopting a code of values and code of conduct to help keep people within a particular guidelines of ethics.

But lets keep this thread clear of that, ping Ted or I with direct stuff.

Edited by FeuerAegis, 12 January 2020 - 06:34 PM.

#14 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:08 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 12 January 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

That's called incompetent coding. Someone posted a screenshot of a team kill that went right around the enemy to kill his own team mate. Not a hack, just POOR coding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users