18 replies to this topic

#1 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

There was another thread in here somewhere that talked about all the stuff that will show up in the Markets after a certain point (ala completing Campaign missions) and I have finished the Campaign.
I have yet to see Gauss or Double Heat Sinks being sold. Do they typically show up in a certain region or complete rare RNG in the Market anywhere?
All the other "rare" weapons and equipment are showing up fairly regularly..just not these two items?

#2 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

I picked up two pretty early on by buying The Death's Knell, but I haven't seen them by themselves yet.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

I'm told that one system in the industrial hub closest to the final mission sells DHS.

I got my DHS from all the hero mechs that I've bought. I'm basically swimming in them.

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

I think the time line was 3048, and around 3050, they show up in the markets, although not a common item, but they do show up in Markets , I didn't start seeing them in the market till 3050

eta: forgot to mention where I was at the time, . on the Laio/Marik borders when I first saw the DHS in the Market

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 07 January 2020 - 10:27 PM.

#5 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

yeah seems to be a calendar event and slow introduction. I'm seeing them in all regions now, but they are not common in every market.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:40 AM

The double heatsinks come from hero mechs, found in the market. I don't believe they are sold in the shop.
Buy a Hero Mech instead, strip it for parts and sell it if you do want to keep it. That's how you get Double Heat Sinks.

Doh not all Hero mechs come with double Heat sinks
Google MW5 Hero and their are vids on the net for a run down on best hero for double heat sinks.

Not sure about gauss, maybe they are similar in that you gotta buy a mech at the market equipped with it.
My guess, maybe some one on the forum may confirm or correct.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

I use https://mech.nav-alpha.com/ to check stock loadouts. DHS can be bought in shops late in the 3040s, Gauss and so on likewise. Especially for higher tiers, since stockmechs come with lvl1 weaponry.

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 08 January 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

The double heatsinks come from hero mechs, found in the market. I don't believe they are sold in the shop.
Buy a Hero Mech instead, strip it for parts and sell it if you do want to keep it. That's how you get Double Heat Sinks.

Doh not all Hero mechs come with double Heat sinks
Google MW5 Hero and their are vids on the net for a run down on best hero for double heat sinks.

Not sure about gauss, maybe they are similar in that you gotta buy a mech at the market equipped with it.
My guess, maybe some one on the forum may confirm or correct.

Double heat sinks do sell in the market, just later in the time line, depending on your standing in the factions market, they sell 9k - 13k, if you go the way of obtaining them by purchasing heroes, you're more likely paying 100k+ per DHS. (after selling back the hero)
DHS on the market is not common, though more common then any SRM6 in the Market,
as stated earlier, I saw them in the market in the Laio/Marik border industrial planets year 3050, but not before 3050, but have seen them earlier further north (another campaign)

and yeah, not all Hero mechs come with DHS

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Timeline wise, they start getting produced in 3030 starting in Liao space, canonically.
In MW5 most people get them from the heroes littering the universe.
Stores occasionally have them in small quantities.

Their supply becomes quite attenable by 3041...at least in the BT universe.

In MW5, you should be able to spot them in reasonable quantities sold independently around 3034, which is when most of the lost tech starts to appear. Also like most Lost Tech, they seem to appear in Kurita space before anywhere else and migrate south.

Edited by Koniving, 08 January 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#10 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

I hit year 3040 and started finding DHS and Gauss Ammo in Davion Space right out the FCT Conflict Zone.. I assume Gauss Rifles are around now as well..

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:07 PM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 08 January 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

I hit year 3040 and started finding DHS and Gauss Ammo in Davion Space right out the FCT Conflict Zone.. I assume Gauss Rifles are around now as well..

3038 is the first canonical use of a "prototype Gauss Rifle" that isn't a "rare star league era relic".
Used by Kurita against Davion forces. By 3040 they should indeed be appearing along those borders.

#12 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

almost forgot to take screen of DHS in Market, before purchasing them all, can find them selling 1-5, never seen more them 5 available to buy

Posted Image

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:32 AM

i think the game starts injecting a lot of new stuff around 2035-ish. i presume this had something to do with the helm core being discovered in 3028.

3035:
.streak srm2
.artemis iv
.narc
.lb-10
.uac5
.endo
.xl engines
.masc
3036:
.case
.pulse lasers
.erll
.erppc
3040:
.ferro
.ams
.ecm ?
.dhs
.gauss
.lams
.gecm
.bap
.arrow iv
.coolant pods
.c3 master
.c3 slave

of course i doubt we get some of that stuff. armor and structure types seem to mostly come with the mech, but mechs that use those are likely available at that point. i doubt there is anything that wasn't in the beta really.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 January 2020 - 06:52 AM.

#14 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

It's also worth mentioning that i once found some DHS as salvage later in my campaign (around 85+ difficulty missions). I almost overlooked them because i sort by value and DHS have a quite low salvage value and of cause no lvl-blips to attract my attention. At this time i did only story and high reward missions, so they may not be available as salvage in ordinary missions.

Edited by Daggett, 10 January 2020 - 06:53 AM.

#15 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

Wait wait...are you saying things like Ferro, Case, C3 and MASC are in this game as well as having been seen in Beta?

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:59 AM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 10 January 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Wait wait...are you saying things like Ferro, Case, C3 and MASC are in this game as well as having been seen in Beta?

im still not sure. they werent in beta, but im not far enough to tell if they added anything that wasnt in beta. i really doubt it though. the game is supposed to run till 3050 so i very much doubt we get c3 at all. masc would need a button, which does not exist in the controls. im not sure about ecm yet. i suspect things like xl engines ferro and endo are in but are hidden from the player (comes with the variant). i mostly went down the timeline at sarna and listed the tech that comes out each year, whether or not that tech is implemented in the game. lots of things seem to scream "things are coming" but they probably wont. if anyone who has completed the game wants to chime in that would be great. gotta manage my expectations going through.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 January 2020 - 08:03 AM.

#17 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:05 AM

I had assumed all the mechs and tech available were listed in the "Instant Action" section of the game where you can custom create a scenario with mechs/pilots to play.
I have only played it once given the campaign seemed more fun with my own mechs. I will boot up a custom match and look for any variants or tech like that. I doubt it's there..but hopefully I am wrong..although no one has ever talked about tech beyond Gauss, DHS, AMS or TAG .

-Instant Action has nothing better than what's available once you complete the Campaign or reach Year X where all tech is available. What's worse is everything in Instant Action is Tier 1 gear only..

Edited by BellatorMonk, 10 January 2020 - 08:54 AM.

#18 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:18 AM

XL Engines, Endosteel structure and Ferrofibrous Armour are all in the game. They are just not obvious and are also tied to the chassis they come with. No change possible.
On mechs with XL engines you'll get more tonnage than in other variants of that same chassis and speed. Also you may notice that you only have 9 slots available in the ST. No Death on ST destruction, though.
Mechs with endo will have more tonnage compared to their lowtech brethren.
Mechs with ferro will have more tonnage, also you will most likely notice they are at, say 59.98 tons (IV Four has Ferro for example)
ECM, BAP, C3, MASC, TSM, Case are not in MW5:Mercs as of yet

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 10 January 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Ferro, CASE, Endo yes. Both beta and the current game. (Certain heroes had them.)
(Still have the beta files and install.
Hell, I still have the final beta patch of MWO too, I plan on using the original Hunchback from it to make the two versions of the 4G, etc.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Atlas K had CASE, XL engine.

MASC and C3... haven't seen them.

Edited by Koniving, 13 January 2020 - 12:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users