- - - - -

How To Play With My Friends?

Help Me

5 replies to this topic

#1 SyncQueueNotWorking

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Hello, I used to play Mechwarrior online with a large group of friends a year or so ago. We all enjoyed it, but interest petered out and we moved on to other games for awhile. After getting Mechwarrior 5 a bunch of us tried to come back and play some MWO, but we ran into some problems.

When we queue in a group of 2 - 6 people, finding a game seems impossible. Over the course of about 2 weeks we have gotten together and tried 5 different nights, and have literally never gotten into a game as a group.

The longest we where queued was 15 minutes, most of our attempts we stopped at around 10 minutes. We've tried at what I would guess to be pretty prime time, between 9PM and 1AM EST.

Doing some googling reveals this is a pretty common problem, and people were suggesting to just queue at the same time as my friends. This doesn't seem to work very well, especially with one of our friends being tier 3 and the rest 4 or 5. Even when it did work we'd be split, with some on one team and some on the other. This isn't really fun :(

I don't know what to say really, we can't play together. I can't imagine this is an uncommon situation.

I don't know if the devs have any plans to fix this. I hope so, we all enjoy the game still, but if we can actually play together we probably won't stick around. Any official word, or any solution we aren't aware of?\

Thanks!

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:34 PM

your only solution would be to queue up in FP. Why the virgin account?

#3 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:19 AM

As an alternative, you could find another group on at the time and challenge them via lobby, but honestly, getting inna a FP drop'll prolly be easier.

~Leone.

#4 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

Currently the Quick Play queue prioritizes single players. So our group synchornizes game launch, not as a group. We mostly get into the same game, its about 50-50 if we are all on the same team.

#5 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

Group que dead. Qp single player is not a priority issue, it's a totally separate bucket. Only groups can fight groups. :(

#6 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 January 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

your only solution would be to queue up in FP. Why the virgin account?

Also; private lobby.

Best way to play vs. friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users