Battlegrid Planing

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

Something that just came to my mind is, would it be good to have a battlegrid planing option?

Like when you on the field, you open the battlegrid and you can then order your mechs to specific places or to attack a certain target from there with your mouse. A little bit like you would in an RTS but only with the basic orders we have now.

Better yet would be to have the ablility to make more complex plans. Like you could set orders with a timestamp so that you could have all your units reach the specific points at a certain time.
For example have your LRM supporter reach the top of a hill first and start firing from there for 30 seconds, then your lance comes around the hill to take down the enemys that took the bait while your LRM boat retreats back in cover.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:55 AM

They could've just included what's possible in MWO if you take command. This could've helped a lot more in commanding the lance-mates. Instead, we have the very, very old-fashioned Function keys. Hell, MWO has a radial menu to say things.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:03 AM

Yes that is pretty much the idea I had...except the radial thing. I prefer hotkeys ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users