Doing Missions Way Under Tonnage...

6 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:23 AM

Assassination

I've found that if I post my potatoes midway between assassination way points... then I can just use a fast light to draw them out. Doesn't even HAVE to be mine Posted Image

I haven't seen anyone posting builds yet...

But I have some wicked ones.

Certain mechs really have an advantage.

And I found a Tier 5 LRM15.

It's on my Hero King Crab.

Myth Busted...

Are there purples coming?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

Cool story bro. What myth got busted exactly? Don't see anything special.

#3 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:24 AM

Occasionally I get a quick kill on a cicada CT without too much armour damage. When I do that goes into rotation to get repair and used for raid/Demolition maps, wherein I just rush through trouncing the buildings and then selling the chassis after I've wrecked it. I've managed some solo runs upto difficulty ~60-70ish after which I'll often need to bring teammates along as distractions so I can do my thing.

I also keep a firestarter in permanent rotation as it's quicker to fix'n the heavier mechs and can be as tanky and vicious as any of my heavier brawlers.

~Leone.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:33 AM

I don't know but for me, completing a mission without losing components is what I aim for. As such, for Warzone and Defense contracts, I go with full brawl. Stalkers are exceptionally good. 6 MLs + 4 SRM6s will 2-shot most mechs.

For Demo, Raid, Assassination, etc., I take long-ranged mechs. Anything that can kill from 400+m away is good here.

For campaign missions, I go brawl heavy or 50/50 brawl/range.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:28 AM

i was really doing bad early game. i only had the one pilot and only light mechs. it was awful, now i can max out the tonnage allotment.

#6 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:18 AM

I either use 2 Maulers (AC2s ML/SRMs) and 2 Awesomes (LRM 20 boats) or 2 Stalkers (4x LRM 10s MLs) and Cyclops/NJ combo (Dual Gauss ERLLs or MLs) for Assassin missions.

If lighter missions I will down grade Stalkers to 2x Archers and cheese it all.

I have found Crabs to be useless in this game so far. I was saddened to see how useless Marauders were as well.

#7 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:35 PM

On lower level missions, for grinding c-bills, you gotta get it done fast. I just run with my hero spider and IF the rest of my team can catch up, that's cool, if not, oh well. The Firestarter is great though. It's just not quite as fast as the spider.

I REALLY like the SRM4 on the spider. Seems to punch above it's weight class. I ditched the AMS as it doesn't seem to make much difference.

The Firestarter needs more face time. The spider lets you keep moving/avoid getting shot because it's more burst dmg oriented.

They are both GREAT mechs in this game. Until I got used to the spider I was mostly using the Firestarter. Because it really is a great mech. Lots of DPS.

MPL and SL in the arms, for flying targets. MG and SPL in the torso. one JJ, one DHS. Gets a little hot though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users