Is This Game A Classic Hit?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:48 AM

Hi guys, just wondering for experienced players and long time gamers, do you consider this game well developed and a Multiplayer PVP Classic game?

#2 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:54 AM

It’s classic in that it has lasted.

I wouldn’t say it’s a “hit” or ever was. Game is in a ok place, not prefect by a long shot.....just took so long to get to here that most of the old playerbase has moved on. To be expected I suppose

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 11 January 2020 - 07:01 AM.

#3 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:24 AM

"Classic Hit"? lol. No.

#4 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:51 AM

It had the potential but, well, you know...

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

No.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

this is simply the minimally viable game that pgi used to farm money so they can make the minimally viable game they always wanted to make.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 January 2020 - 01:39 AM.

#7 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

"well developed"? no

#8 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:59 AM

Yes yes, the mandatory “this game suck” and “PGI bla bla”, yet all these players are still here torturing themselves on this terrible game year after year.
What? Everything else sucks even harder?
You vote by logging in. If you log in it means that your prefer to play this game over any other at that particular moment.
If you don’t play and just keep posting ***t on the forum, then you need to get a life, really really badly.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:41 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 12 January 2020 - 12:59 AM, said:

Yes yes, the mandatory “this game suck” and “PGI bla bla”, yet all these players are still here torturing themselves on this terrible game year after year.
You vote by logging in. If you log in it means that your prefer to play this game over any other at that particular moment.
If you don’t play and just keep posting ***t on the forum, then you need to get a life, really really badly.

we like the franchise not the developer. id love a mechwarrior game from a team that strives for excellence, rather than minimally viable product. people still go see star wars movies even though disney has been butchering it for years.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 January 2020 - 01:43 AM.

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:19 AM

View PostReposter, on 11 January 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Is This Game A Classic Hit?

More like "Classic flop".

The situation is exactly as the previous poster wrote: We like the game, but the same is not necesarily true about the developer.

There is no big difference between MWO of 2013 and 2020. Community Warfare is flop. Solaris is flop. All you have is the first person shooter, usually played on Tourmaline and Canyon, exactly as it was played years ago when MWO was launched. Only the Mechs have changed.

A few years ago, MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries fans appreciated that Mektek helped with keeping the game alive. However, when this came to end and Mektek attempted to pretend that Mektek is some game developer and that Heavy Gear is the way of future, all MechWarrior fans left practically overnight. Mektek forum turned empty, Mektek's Kickstarter failed.

Mektek failed to understand the most crucial fact: the players loved MechWarrior, not Mektek.

We love the MechWarrior series. It is easier to log into MechWarrior Online - since it is at hand - than to maintain MechWarrior 4 servers.

#11 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:34 AM

Hi guys, just wondering for experienced players and long time gamers, do you consider this game well developed and a Multiplayer PVP Classic game?

It' s not classic and not well developed either. Let' s call it a cultgame. There is a very loyal playerbase that I' ve been playing with for many years and still play with. Those are typically players that are addicted and that you don' t see posting here. That's because there is a lot of negativity and salt on the fora. Have fun with it and forget the rest.

Edited by Inatu Elimor, 12 January 2020 - 02:40 AM.

#12 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:36 AM

Classic as in "A potential classic" . . . most certainly. In reality though, much was promised, loyal gamers put forward plenty of viable ideas to improve the game, PGI gave us the bare minimum and most of that was sadly from their own uninvolved point of view in giving us what they thought would be right not what was wanted or needed.

They took the money and blew it out their asses in making fun of the staunch following so they could foul up a hidden agenda in making a stand alone game, then insulting players even more by switching to a personal money making exercise and insulting yet again those people paying their wages by swapping release platforms.

So "Classic" in the terms of how to screw up a good thing - Yes.

#13 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:39 AM

If you are a fan of Battletech, its fabulous.

If you like large group coop and the satisfaction of goo communication, strategy based on knowing your mech, its role, the roles of others and studying the maps, then yes, this is a great game.

Classic? Well, there have been other games just as good or better for online coop, that are dead.

I can understand the challenges of of the designers trying to keep a smallish player base from seeing super long queue times by having too many options for engagement.

As for the issues in the game, the only real issues to be upset about are the disconnects that happen and leave you down 11- to 12. But those are fewer than the player based AFKs and such.

#14 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:19 AM

IS THIS GAME A CLASSIC HIT?

I'd actually say it's more of a critical miss.

I think everyone agrees there's so much potential here, so much to work with. I hope this year gets some serious focus from the PGI team now MW5 isn't the main focus.

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:57 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 12 January 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

IS THIS GAME A CLASSIC HIT?

I'd actually say it's more of a critical miss.

I think everyone agrees there's so much potential here, so much to work with. I hope this year gets some serious focus from the PGI team now MW5 isn't the main focus.

Do you realize that PGI has had years to improve MWO?

#16 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:13 AM

View Postmartian, on 12 January 2020 - 04:57 AM, said:

Do you realize that PGI has had years to improve MWO?
We're nearing in on a decade and we still only have 12v12 TDM on about six maps. If that's not a core issue I don't know what is.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:35 AM

View PostIlfi, on 12 January 2020 - 05:13 AM, said:

We're nearing in on a decade and we still only have 12v12 TDM on about six maps. If that's not a core issue I don't know what is.

Sure. And do you really have any possible improvement of the situation in sight?

#18 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:37 AM

Multiplayer PVP Classic game?

No.

When PGI switch the servers off the game will be gone, forever. In order for a game to be considered a classic it has to continue to be popular after the devs drop it. So unless PGI decide to release the server software or provides another means of supporting legacy play it will never be a classic.

If anything I would describe MWO as a Cult Hit, it's certainly popular within its niche but it will never have the Classic status like its predecessors.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 12 January 2020 - 06:37 AM.

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:50 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 12 January 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

I hope this year gets some serious focus from the PGI team now MW5 isn't the main focus.

I'd comment with a " Posted Image " if it wasn't so sad ..
Posted Image

#20 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:44 AM

Or, you tolerate the state this game is in and log on because of the people you play it with. if it weren't for the group of casual players I play with on Friday and saturdays I probably wouldn't play at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users