8 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:03 AM

Recently, San Francisco has been called the American Utopia, with the suspension of various laws. At one time I would say that San Francisco was a great place. Not anymore. Nancy Pelosi (note this is not political) said that the city is a model city and every city should be like it.

Homelessness is out of control with people by the thousands living on the street, and sanitation, what sanitation. They just legalized public urination and defecation. Poo is everywhere, and not from the pooch. Streams of human excrement run in the streets as if the city is some third world country. You can't walk anywhere without worry about stepping on a needle and getting HIV from it. The streets are not safe at night. This declared Utopia is a Hell for those living there as if it were dredged up from a movie.

When I think of a Utopia, I think marble tables with people eating unlimited amount of food, living in peaceful bliss, not suffering in poverty, sewage flowing through the garbage strewn streets, over run by gangs at night preying upon the helpless.

But it's so peaceful as "guns" are not allowed. Tell that to the gangs. Oh, someone got murdered - it's okay they didn't use a gun.

The city could put in public toilets or build bathrooms, which would have solved the problem, instead of making taking a dump on the sidewalk downtown legal. Perverts with cameras are loving this, which help lower the moral standards even lower - and because public "bathrooming" is legal, so are said images. I guess the city wants to save money so bad that idiot stuff happens.

They could put some of the vacant building to use, fix them up so people would have a place to live, and could live like humans and not animals. If this is t future some people want, I'm not for it. People, even the poor, the homeless, deserve dignity.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

utopia is unobtainium. anyone who declares anywhere a utopia is delusional.

the homeless problem is one of those tough nuts no society has been able to crack (short of doing something unethical). right thinks the solution is to create more jobs, left thinks the solution is to throw money at the problem through social programs. and i dont think either of those, or even both, will be a 100% perfect solution. crapping on the ground helps no one, except the mushrooms.

#3 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Utopia cannot be achieved without a (Star Trek) replicator.

#4 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 11 January 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

Utopia cannot be achieved without a (Star Trek) replicator.

somebody didn't watch deep space nine. even a trek style utopia isnt all rainbows and unicorns.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 January 2020 - 04:20 PM.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

When I think of a Utopia, I think marble tables with people eating unlimited amount of food, living in peaceful bliss, not suffering in poverty, sewage flowing through the garbage strewn streets, over run by gangs at night preying upon the helpless.

Sounds like Shenzhen, Seoul or Tokyo.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:52 AM

Denver is headed in the same direction as Frisco

people from CA all they want to do is change the place to the place they left

they tried to pass a law that you could not camp in public parks
but some judge shot it down

so much for domestic tranquility

we got trouble right here in river city and it starts with a P

#7 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:08 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 January 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

utopia is unobtainium. anyone who declares anywhere a utopia is delusional.

the homeless problem is one of those tough nuts no society has been able to crack (short of doing something unethical). right thinks the solution is to create more jobs, left thinks the solution is to throw money at the problem through social programs. and i dont think either of those, or even both, will be a 100% perfect solution. crapping on the ground helps no one, except the mushrooms.

You still have the homeless with jobs, living in their cars.

You also need to reduce the rental and real estate costs, you need to reduce the cost of health and education, as these can easily bankrupt any family now. You need to reduce debt over all. Finally you have to reduce income inequality, you need wage growth and an increase in purchasing power.

The homeless in the US is a systemic problem. Nearly half of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, and over half has less than $1000 in their bank accounts.

#8 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

Income Inequality: Yeah what a great term. Take all the money from the rich, give it to the poor, so nobody can hire anyone to have jobs. Works great. If you are talking between men and women, there are several women who make more money than most men will ever see - combined.

Now reducing costs of fuel to start with, people have money for food. Housing costs are a big issue, and I must agree with that.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:24 AM

View PostAnjian, on 14 January 2020 - 12:08 AM, said:

You still have the homeless with jobs, living in their cars.

You also need to reduce the rental and real estate costs, you need to reduce the cost of health and education, as these can easily bankrupt any family now. You need to reduce debt over all. Finally you have to reduce income inequality, you need wage growth and an increase in purchasing power.

The homeless in the US is a systemic problem. Nearly half of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, and over half has less than $1000 in their bank accounts.

yea this is also a huge problem too. its sad we live in a world where people who work full time cant afford a roof over their head and food to eat. even people one would consider middle class (own their own home, multiple vehicles) are collecting food stamps.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 January 2020 - 09:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users