About Ams In Mw5

8 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:13 AM

OK, so a question..

I've acquired some AMS, but have yet to figure out where to mount it? I'm in late-stage game, have Atlases, King Crabs, and Annihilators, and none of these mechs have any AMS slots?

What mechs come with AMS slots?

I have not a single one yet..

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:23 AM

AS7-K
PXH-KK (Hero)
CPLT-J (Hero)
SDR-A (Hero)

from memory

#3 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

Only some Mechs can utilize AMS. Running the Atlas K at the moment with it. Seems to work !!

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:08 AM

i got some ams units by buying the spider hero early in the game, but because i cant install them on anything but the spider, they dont get much use.

#5 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

Kind of laughable because Battletech has no hardpoints and would allow you to install AMS in the head, arms, or any torso section of any mech. Just got carried away with the whole no Mechlab thing. AMS is like ammo or heatsinks, except that it can't be in the legs.

#6 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 14 January 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Kind of laughable because Battletech has no hardpoints and would allow you to install AMS in the head, arms, or any torso section of any mech. Just got carried away with the whole no Mechlab thing. AMS is like ammo or heatsinks, except that it can't be in the legs.
[

Technically we don't use Omni Mechs, so there should be no hardpoints to switch out. You use what's in the variant you got. But since it's a good old Battletech computer trope we can... even if it's not possible in the Battletech Universe.

So not being able to install an AMS in Mechs that are not supposed AMS is no big thing for me. And it surely isn't "laughable".

Edited by Greers, 15 January 2020 - 06:29 AM.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

I suggest using the Save-game editor that's available for the MW5 to add in the mechs that you want. If this bothers your conscience, you can buy crap from the market equal to the cost of those mechs and be done with it.

#8 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:14 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 14 January 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

In the absence of any real limiting factor, no hardpoints makes BattleTech extremely dull as the *ONLY* difference between mechs is their tonnage, and they lose all identity. This was identified as a serious mistake in the early MechWarrior games (BattleTech games never had this, only stock), and future games have rectified it.

I think in most table top settings aka true BattleTech, you can't fully modify mechs and in most cases can't modify them at all or only minor changes from stock.

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

PGI could make it so that you can get access to special Faction markets when you've allied with them enough where you can modify some hardpoints or install Endo or Ferro and stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users