Moving The Minimap

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:31 AM

First of I have never modded with UE so this is my first gentle step in that direction.
I am trying to move the Minimap from the top left to the center again.

Here is my frist try.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now I have to work out coms placement and the heat gauge is overlapping weapons when the battlegrid is open but I don't count that as a real problem. That the minimap is back in the center along with speed and heat was my primary goal.

Edited by Nesutizale, 17 January 2020 - 01:49 AM.

#2 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

Nice work neut. understandably a lot of players would like this. I don’t mind it the current form of radar in game but it’s nice to see alternatives.

English 101- when adding ing to a verb that ends in -e, the e is removed.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 January 2020 - 12:24 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:57 AM

At first I also didn't care much about the placement as the radar seams less usefull as in MWO but now that I moved it...I like it. Also haveing speed and heat near the center of view I tend to look at it more.

Well now I need to find a way to implement that in the game but I think PGI needs to release the tool for that first or someone else can tell me how to do it.

#4 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:02 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 17 January 2020 - 01:57 AM, said:

At first I also didn't care much about the placement as the radar seams less usefull as in MWO but now that I moved it...I like it. Also haveing speed and heat near the center of view I tend to look at it more.

Nice one Posted Image
You can use for that the leftover Files from the old Minimap, like the background, the Headbar etc.
I do not have the Filenames in Mind, but i will look in the evening for them and tell you.

View PostNesutizale, on 17 January 2020 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well now I need to find a way to implement that in the game but I think PGI needs to release the tool for that first or someone else can tell me how to do it.

Just send me PM and i tell you how to create your Mod, i answered that Question in the German Section some Days to you...seems you dit not see.

edit:
Leftover Files are for this Minimap:
Posted Image

Edited by Adrian Pride, 17 January 2020 - 02:04 AM.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:12 AM

That HUD is neither 2016 trailer nor MechCon 2018 demo. Interesting.

#6 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:06 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 17 January 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

That HUD is neither 2016 trailer nor MechCon 2018 demo. Interesting.

MechCon2017 Demo leftover Files...

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:47 AM

I wonder. When one would make a complete overhaul, not saiying I would do that. I have enough trouble currently to get this one working, what direction should one go with?

The 2016 HUD look quite like its displayed on the Helmet that is shaped like a sphere, the 2016 is still on the helmet but its wider.
The 2018 HUD is more like displays on a fixed display in the mech.

From the novels I think it was said that the actual "window glass" of a mech is in fact quite small while the rest is display panels that reduce 360° view into a 120° view with the center beeing normal, as its the glass part.

Also there is the question of art style. Full SciFi or more like todays tanks and planes?

#8 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

I would DEFINITELY install a mod that sets up the HUD in a more sensible manner! Especially if it also could mirror the players front armor damage display Left to Right as it is in MW:O as well.

View PostAdrian Pride, on 17 January 2020 - 06:06 AM, said:

MechCon2017 Demo leftover Files...

That HUD also has the players Mech damage properly set Left to Right for the front armor display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users