Cold Storage Limit

9 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:46 AM

I had just assumed this was a magical bottomless vault to store mechs in, but it actually has a limit. And it's a bit of a nuisance when you can't sell from cold storage.

The limit is 50.

You cannot drag & drop to swap a cold storage mech with an active mech, so you have to sell one of your active mechs (?!) if you want to do anything with cold storage again. On the plus side, you can buy it back for the same price (don't forget).

I was planning on collecting one of each variant, which is how I bumped into it.

#2 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:45 AM

I wonder of anyone has allready found a way to edit the cold storage limit.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 17 January 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

You cannot drag & drop to swap a cold storage mech with an active mech, so you have to sell one of your active mechs (?!)

Classic PGI half-assed dysfunctional UI design.

Edited by Appogee, 17 January 2020 - 04:48 AM.

#4 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:27 AM

View PostAppogee, on 17 January 2020 - 04:48 AM, said:

Classic PGI half-assed dysfunctional UI design.

Nah, it's user error.
As a sysadmin I know from experience it's impossible to prepare for moronic users.
If it's bulletproof, they'll still break it.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:35 AM

View Postcszolee79, on 17 January 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Nah, it's user error.
As a sysadmin I know from experience it's impossible to prepare for moronic users.
If it's bulletproof, they'll still break it.

I did say its 50/50. PGI could have either dropped a note informing the player that he can't have more then 50 or have a storage capacity indicator somewhere.
On the other hand I would have aspected for so many people doing the pokemech game. I think I only have 2-3 mechs in cold storage ^_^

#6 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

I just saw this after updating my original thread..I never knew the limit was 50. I always thought it was 20!! I can live with 50...holy crap I need to go on a buying spree now.

#7 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 17 January 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

I just saw this after updating my original thread..I never knew the limit was 50. I always thought it was 20!! I can live with 50...holy crap I need to go on a buying spree now.

Funny I went on a selling spree, firesale!.

I then put all my active mechs into cold storage and am about to embark on a galaxy wide shopping spree. I did consider firing all my pilots (since it's piss easy to recruit 5x/60 pilots) but decided that would be a bit too much hassle and their salary didn't matter that much.

#8 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:51 AM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 17 January 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

The problem is Mechs you salvaged. If you have you Mech bay full of Mechs you can't sell those salvage Mechs, so you will run into that limit at some point. Then you would have to sell one of your mechs to be able to take those salvaged Mechs out of storage and sell them. Or you have to move one of your active Mechs to storage before that happens.

I know, that's a first wolrd problem, but if you have more than 100 Million, selling salvage becomes a bother... Posted Image

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:29 AM

The worst part for me was I'd been keeping one space clear for selling and swapping an such, but then found an Atlas on a black market world and filled up my active roster in prep for a triple multipule mission planet. And guess what, I'd had some 49 mechs in storage already before managing 10 missions in 100 days, some of my mechs getting pretty trashed, but at least I'd picked up some great salvage...

Only I hadn't had room, and it never mentioned...

All it'd take is a prompt, or a warning or something.

~Leone.

#10 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

You can actually sell your mech to free up one bay, move the salvaged mech to the free spot, sell it, and buy back your original mech from the market with no money loss.
It even keeps the loadout and paintjob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users