Can You Guys Vote Forest Colony Snow Please?

21 replies to this topic

#1 iwbs

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:44 AM

I want my 500k cbills, thanks

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

View Postiwbs, on 19 January 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

CAN YOU GUYS VOTE FOREST COLONY SNOW PLEASE?

I want my 500k cbills, thanks

I do, really:

Posted Image

#3 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:24 AM

It sucks less than many, so sure.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:10 AM

I finally had a shot at Forest Snow and used an 8X multiplier to barely get it yesterday. I am still waiting for Polar, which even blowing a 10x multiplier on yesterday was for naught. Funny thing is, is that normally Polar gets voted for all the time and I get it frequently despite voting against it.

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 January 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

I finally had a shot at Forest Snow and used an 8X multiplier to barely get it yesterday. I am still waiting for Polar, which even blowing a 10x multiplier on yesterday was for naught. Funny thing is, is that normally Polar gets voted for all the time and I get it frequently despite voting against it.

Do you want to know a secret trick that will ensure that you will certainly get Polar Highlands?

#6 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

View Postmartian, on 19 January 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

Do you want to know a secret trick that will ensure that you will certainly get Polar Highlands?

Well, I took an Oxide and got it no problem...finally.

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:29 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 January 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well, I took an Oxide and got it no problem...finally.

Congratulations.

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:18 AM

I got Polar Highland voted up 10 times without Forest Colony Snow showing up as a voting option even once.

Frozen City showed up even more times then Polar Highland, but it was only voted up 2 times.

I used a 20T mech, if weight has anything to do with which maps show up in the voting options.

I'm guessing PGI will fix this problem after Sunday.

#9 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

I've spent many years complaining about the poor design of PGI's events... In some ways they've improved, but they always have to take a step backwards here and there, it's like tradition.

It would obviously have made far more sense to have the Premium Time not locked behind a random, un-farmable metric like map votes, as more people play on the weekends, more newer players could use the PT, and having the PT already running for the rest of the event just plain makes total sense, especially as many, many players nowadays only even play during events.

This is just part of why so many of us feel that PGI is simply really bad at what they do. One would think they'd want events to be a mix of prizes that can be earned through skill, or though spending more time grinding, and not based on RNG or factors outside your control. That's exactly why PGI doesn't do that- it would make way too much sense. The day PGI begins to make sense is the day most of our minds are blown and we'll have to assume they've been replaced by aliens.

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:23 AM

View PostKodyn, on 20 January 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

I've spent many years complaining about the poor design of PGI's events... In some ways they've improved, but they always have to take a step backwards here and there, it's like tradition.

It would obviously have made far more sense to have the Premium Time not locked behind a random, un-farmable metric like map votes, as more people play on the weekends, more newer players could use the PT, and having the PT already running for the rest of the event just plain makes total sense, especially as many, many players nowadays only even play during events.

This is just part of why so many of us feel that PGI is simply really bad at what they do. One would think they'd want events to be a mix of prizes that can be earned through skill, or though spending more time grinding, and not based on RNG or factors outside your control. That's exactly why PGI doesn't do that- it would make way too much sense. The day PGI begins to make sense is the day most of our minds are blown and we'll have to assume they've been replaced by aliens.

The sad thing is that PGI has learnt nothing.

The players have complained about this random factor for years - since the new Forest Colony map disaster.
(if anybody still remembers that ridiculous challenge)

And yet ... As the current challenge shows, PGI does not understand what the players want and what they do no want.

#11 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:37 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 January 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

I got Polar Highland voted up 10 times without Forest Colony Snow showing up as a voting option even once.

Frozen City showed up even more times then Polar Highland, but it was only voted up 2 times.

I used a 20T mech, if weight has anything to do with which maps show up in the voting options.

I'm guessing PGI will fix this problem after Sunday.

Which Sunday?

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:37 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 20 January 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

Which Sunday?

22. V. 2022

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:28 AM

No. It's a crap map from a time of crap map design built for 8v8. I particularly detest the fact that I always spawn on the same side as well. I have never played from the land side since it launched. I have no idea why but obviously the match maker doesn't decide these things at random like it ought to. Anyway, did I mention how crap the map is?

#14 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 20 January 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

Which Sunday?

Well PGI just sent out the Comp Championship rewards, so I'm guessing their next priority will be to read the main event thread (not this one), check the stats on how well the event is doing, then notice and fix the low Forest Colony Snow map occurrence.

As for The Frozen City Classic map problem, unfortunately it shows up fine, it's just that it doesn't get voted up a lot when it does : Keep trying and you can get that one yourself.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 20 January 2020 - 03:14 PM.

#15 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:42 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 20 January 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Well PGI just sent out the Comp Championship rewards, so I'm guessing their next priority will be to read the main event thread (not this one), check the stats on how well the event is doing, then notice and fix the low Forest Colony Snow map occurrence.

As for The Frozen City Classic map problem, unfortunately it shows up fine, it's just that it doesn't get voted up a lot when it does : Keep trying and you can get that one yourself.

Don't get me started on this last event. Turned out that Frozen City Classic (Night) didn't count and it took nearly an hour to get that part completed. Yet another well thought out and implemented event from the people that gave you ghost heat.

#16 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:58 AM

Done with the 3-day premium time challenge +500k c-bills on my two accounts, voting for this and the other two maps to help people finish it too, but I've seen that's not a common behavior from most other players.

You would guess that by this time PGI knows what most people prefer while playing MWO and what they don't. For example, to avoid making challenges that force players on the senseless or selfish actions of others. (like the one covered in this thread) On the other hand, challenges which include kills or KMDD was a step in the right direction and I'm always glad to see them on any event.

Seems they do not grasp the community desire or do it on purpose to try to hold the low population numbers... On most recent events, I'm thinking the second because if you look how event designs have changed over the years, you notice challenges or the completion of a full event, takes now more time to finish. They know some people only play during these times, so they took their measures accordingly.

PGI should have known that to assure themselves a robust player population it was fundamental to actually make a better game. A BT shooter that could have been almost always fun to play, whether or not events were going on.

#17 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

Voting should have been a Premium Time thing - it is not p2w but Players likely be motivated to opt for it bcs they likely are to belive their vote makes a difference.

I hated Voting from day 1 to days gone!

#18 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:10 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 21 January 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

it took nearly an hour to get that part completed.

Consider yourself lucky : The ones complaining are the ones who spent 3+ days trying to get all 3 maps voted up.

#19 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

finely got all three this morning. voted for them when they came up whether i needed them or not

#20 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

View Postloopala, on 21 January 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

finely got all three this morning. voted for them when they came up whether i needed them or not

If you keep voting for the maps you already have, you increase the odds other players will stop needing them too, and so will save up their votes for your wanted map instead, or at least stop saving their votes to vote against you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users