Dual Joysticks?

2 replies to this topic

#1 tanjodang

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

Hey ya'll I preordered this game to support the devs. It would be nice if we could play with 2 joysticks, like most sane people think mech's should be piloted. Look to Arma 3 for how to setup your control page so you can have 2 joysticks. They work great in Arma 3 using a Logitech 3D Pro and a Thrustmaster t1600m. Easy, and great. I use them for tanks. Good stuff. Thrustmaster also comes with a program called TARGET that lets you manually set their HOTAS to keys on the keyboard for games that won't support your HOTAS. Well, I can't even do that in mechwarrior. It has 5 axis for the joystick and 5 for the throttle. It detects both joysticks and puts them on the same axis... So the both do the exact same thing. I can't use one for the legs and one for the body. Check out the Arma 3 settings page and how they detect joysticks--it's beautiful and functional. There's a reason Arma 3 has a huge community, millions of mods, and tons of people playing on like 200 people servers with clans and stuff.

I think it would be stupid not to cater to your hardcore fan base. They're they people who play your games for hours on end, stream it, tell people about it, etc. Casuals don't do that. Casuals are playing Subnatuica or something. Not Arma. It seems kind of weird that these Mechwarrior games are so bad with their joystick support. I mean 5 axis?? My throttle has like 10 axis by itself, and I'm not even trying to use it, let alone the peddles.. 5 axis...

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:19 PM

i think its possible (it even worked in beta). you just need to create profiles with both sticks and assign them different axis/button designations.

stick 1 x -> axis1
stick 1 y -> axis2
stick 2 x -> axis3
stick 2 y -> throttle1

for the buttons, do the first stick 1 to 1. second stick assigned to subsequent buttons. see the joystick thread.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 January 2020 - 01:19 PM.

#3 tanjodang

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:16 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 January 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

i think its possible (it even worked in beta). you just need to create profiles with both sticks and assign them different axis/button designations.

stick 1 x -> axis1
stick 1 y -> axis2
stick 2 x -> axis3
stick 2 y -> throttle1

for the buttons, do the first stick 1 to 1. second stick assigned to subsequent buttons. see the joystick thread.

Thank you for the response. It's good to know that it might be possible. I will look into this just as soon as I'm ready to learn how to configure this stuff..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users