Hotas Rudder Pedals Not Recognized

3 replies to this topic

#1 McBean56

Rookie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

I have a Virpil stick, throttle, and rudder pedals (Ace 2). I can get the stick and throttle to bind fine but i cannot get the rudder pedals to register. They work fine on every other game. If anyone knows a fix or workaround that would be very much appreciated.

#2 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:02 AM

I also have this issue. Anyone knows if we can add an axis to the binding like MW5 or is it completly out of the question?

#3 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 06:09 AM

Late to the party, but you CAN fix this easily.
1. Download the latest vjoy driver package (That would be the JSchaefer fork as Shaul has disappeared into RL and Israel last I heard. But he left us a HUGE legacy with vjoy.)

2. Download the latest Joystick Gremlin package.

3. Just to be safe, download the latest package of HIDHide to hide your Rudder pedals from MWO.

4. Run the vjoy installer.
a. Run the Vjoy Configuration exe if it does not launch by itself.
b. Choose the default options for the vjoy device to be configured unless you have special needs with configuring vjoy.
c. Restart to activate the vjoy device(s) you configured.

5. Install and start Joystick Gremlin.
a. Choose the Tab listing the Virpil Rudder.
i. On the Tab for the Virpil Rudder move or click the Z axis
b. Under Action Description in the Big Window the default option will be to remap an Axis to vjoy device #1
i. Any of the axes on the vjoy device should work. I chose XRot. X will also do unless you wish to link a Joystick as well.
IF MWO still gets confused, install HIDHide and hide the Rudder Pedals from MWO. If you run Elite or Star CItizen, be sure to whitelist all the necessary executables to get them to see your Rudder. You can do this on the Applications Tab in the HIDHide configuration client.

For Elite for instance you will need to whitelist the EDLaunch app as well as the EliteDangerous64.exe.

Good luck out there, hope that helps anyone still driving HOTAM or HOTAS in MWO.

BIG MINUS TO MWO TECH SUPPORT:
YOU NEVER ANSWERED OR RESPONDED TO MY TICKET AND MY QUERY REGARDING THIS. THAT IS EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. SOME PEOPLE STILL PLAY THE OLD WAY, WITH JOYSTICKS AND RUDDERS. HELP THEM, THAT IS YOUR JOB.

Edited by Hammerhai, 10 November 2022 - 06:13 AM.

#4 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 03:52 PM

FINAL FIX:

MWO does not recognise a joystick without X and Y axes.
Using the VPC Configuration tool on advanced settings, simply assign the Rudders an X and a Y axis, and MWO will recognise the Virpil Rudders. The X and Y axes do not even have to read anything. Just assign them. Use this technique if you are afraid other games will get confused. I did not try this out, but did what is enumerated below as follows, and it works:

Alternatively, rename the Brake pedals to X and Y axes respectively. MWO will recognise the Rudders then. With thanks to the guys who discovered this fix actually for X4 Foundations.

MWO Tech support: Please include this in your knowledge base as a proven fix.

Edited by Hammerhai, 24 March 2024 - 03:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users