Holy ****, these rac rushes tho.

It's bad. lol.

#42 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:00 PM

wait..a RAC rush? As in the weapon? ohhh that sounds like an insanely fun loss. I want some of that action.

#43 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:31 AM

View PostMean Machine Angel x, on 28 January 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

wait..a RAC rush? As in the weapon? ohhh that sounds like an insanely fun loss. I want some of that action.

Pretty sure that would break my computer.

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

View PostMean Machine Angel x, on 28 January 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

Played plenty as a pug vs these superteams.After 1 game half of my team wont come back.Sure theres the old "just looking for teams to fight" BS-there are none when you grab 12 top tier players and stomp pugs and the few units that are left..

I usually wont deliberately stack a group unless there are other big groups out and about.

-HOWEVER-

When it is Seige Attack, you have to. Or you are going to lose because the Solo droppers these days, 99/100 times have no clue how to attack. I will attack all night long with a group, rarely sit defense unless it's an instant match.

In the past 2-3 weeks when it's been Seige - I've gone to attack if I'm in a group (even if it is only 4) - and it has been one of the most frustrating few weeks of experiences in MWO that I've had. And it's getting worse each time I play.

Examples of what I've seen in the past 3 weeks:
  • One guy drop 4 x Ice Ferrets only. LRMs on 2 of them,, on ATTACK. Did 400dmg over 4 mechs.
  • LRM Kodiak on Sulferous Attack - Sat outside the gate, and ran away to dropzone after 11 of us were dead. He was at 85% still
  • Guys failing to crack even 200dmg across 4 mechs, 2-3 players each game.
  • Shooting friendlies in the back, usually resulting in taking off a torso
  • Builds that are worse than stock.
  • Ye-ole YOLO player. Who is on his last wave mech before the 2nd wave is even over
  • Dropping assaults last - literally seeing 2-3 low skill players doing this, every match.

When I explain to all of these players the above issues and what they should be doing to actually FIX it and thus improve their experience and overall enjoyment for everyone... I'm met with the ole "stop being toxic", I'll play my way. All the usual non-team play related commentary blah blah blah.

So of course to avoid these 3-4 players a match who are quite literally going to ruin your game for the other 20 people playing (who as a defender was to 48-20 attackers?) - people are going to find 12 like-minded individuals so you don't have to be stuck with these cancerous attitude players. And that's just not me, that is anyone. Who wants to play with people who are actively working against a win?

Whenever I run a group on my discord, whoever joins in does. I'm not fussy. Sometimes I don't even say anything, people just see us in a voice channel and pop in.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 January 2020 - 04:38 PM.

#45 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

When it comes to the siege thing,fully agree.I have crushed a mouse or two on siege attack :P

#46 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Yep, I feel ya...

I've been playing even less and less because of it. It's just not enjoyable to tear your hair out when they are 3-4 people almost actively sabotating the experience for both sides by bringing garbage mechs and just suiciding rushing - I just don't get the point... Doing 400dmg over 30mins, getting paid less than a 5min match of quickplay?

I mean FP - SEIGE is my most favoured mode. I love attacking... But this lately is just sending me over the edge of sanity.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 January 2020 - 05:54 PM.

#47 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

reminder: genrushing is okay if you can't come back after 3 waves of going for kills, the enemy is 3+ grids away from the objective hiding in the corner of the map, or it is against an HHoD 12-man

Posted Image

#48 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

View PostJ a y, on 29 January 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

reminder: genrushing is okay if you can't come back after 3 waves of going for kills, the enemy is 3+ grids away from the objective hiding in the corner of the map, or it is against an HHoD 12-man

Posted Image

That doesn't look like a gen rush, thats just dunking their 1st wave and ending the game early. Gen rush should be opposite, no mech kills for you, but all the building kills!

#49 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

Some people may remember this image an unknown historically known painter birthed one drunken evening, the perfect way to stop gen rushing.

Posted Image

#50 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:49 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 29 January 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Some people may remember this image an unknown historically known painter birthed one drunken evening, the perfect way to stop gen rushing.

Posted Image

That....is glorious.

#51 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:43 PM

It's not gen rushing when ISMO do it.It's art.

#52 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:10 AM

Its End Game content isn't it, so games with skill gap, teams get stomped
seems par for the course since its end game
Problem is its moths to a flame and it also attracts, casuals

Since their ain't a place for casual groups/Soloes due to MM issues including population
Same old

To the casuals, you in da jungle now, better learn fast
To the coordinated, I suggest you don't do a tragedy of the commons thing wid the casuals
Coz its happened before, death of group que gave FW a second chance imo. (They were called seals den)

If this don't apply to you, plz don't reply.

As for the title, what ever works for the win, not every team has elite killers dilars on board.
Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 30 January 2020 - 12:12 AM.

#53 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:45 AM

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

That....is glorious.

EVIL at it´s usual best ... one of the reasons I´m so fond of these lads :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users