Gen Rushing Today

52 replies to this topic

#1 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

Why do "teams" still gen rush now that MW5 is out? If attacking defenseless stationary buildings is your thing, THERE IS NOW A WHOLE NEW GAME JUST FOR YOU. PGI spent so much effort making building destruction in mw5 as spectacular as they could. So why do you go into an online pvp shooter just to completely ignore the enemies, find a way to run past them to shoot at some buildings?

#2 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Some people really need to prove they can hit the broadside of a barn, and apparently units that engage in military role play mostly seem to prefer role playing as suicide bombers.

Edited by Prototelis, 23 January 2020 - 11:55 AM.

#3 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Cuz Blood Asps are op

#4 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, well what about the "rac attack stack?"

#5 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:44 PM

I'm gonna dig into all this inside knowledge of which I am ignorant.

I suck at Siege. I feel like I'm cannon fodder for those who know what they are doing.
'Push in now!!!"
Die immediately, they rack up kills and damage and glorious FP standing.

I played 2x FP yesterday, both Siege, both as attacker.

1st match was a single dropped in with a 6 man group with Germany at the caustic valley map. German lead called coms.

Wave 1. Group up, Commanded to rush Alpha gate and engage enemy, don't rush gens.
12 to 12.
Wave 2. Group up Commanded to rush Beta gate and engage enemy and push in to speed up time. Told not to worry about gens, take down mechs. Again, another 12 to 12 "draw"
Wave 3. Group up, push Alpha gate and go straight for platform. I guess two of the Germans on our team told on their private teamspeak comms to go after 2 of the generators while we pushed the platform and essentially blocked their team from targeting the generator attackers.
Ended in a 11 to 12.
Final wave, mostly lights and meds. We were commanded to rush the cannon platform. I guess someone else finished off the 2nd generator, I swear the 3rd generator was still in the red and on final 20sec, everyone was commanded to focus fire the cannon sweet spot. We won.

I've seen old videos from 2016 that have a fast wave of lights on first wave all rush the generators and succeed. the next 3 waves area ll spent on pushing in and hitting the cannon.

I'm not one for being out of the loop and having a ****** score/contribution because I don't know the general strategies of Siege. So please do tell.

So, above wise veterans, what is the inside knowledge and practice on Siege?

#6 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

View Post_Magno_, on 23 January 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'm gonna dig into all this inside knowledge of which I am ignorant.

I suck at Siege. I feel like I'm cannon fodder for those who know what they are doing.
'Push in now!!!"
Die immediately, they rack up kills and damage and glorious FP standing.

I played 2x FP yesterday, both Siege, both as attacker.

1st match was a single dropped in with a 6 man group with Germany at the caustic valley map. German lead called coms.

Wave 1. Group up, Commanded to rush Alpha gate and engage enemy, don't rush gens.
12 to 12.
Wave 2. Group up Commanded to rush Beta gate and engage enemy and push in to speed up time. Told not to worry about gens, take down mechs. Again, another 12 to 12 "draw"
Wave 3. Group up, push Alpha gate and go straight for platform. I guess two of the Germans on our team told on their private teamspeak comms to go after 2 of the generators while we pushed the platform and essentially blocked their team from targeting the generator attackers.
Ended in a 11 to 12.
Final wave, mostly lights and meds. We were commanded to rush the cannon platform. I guess someone else finished off the 2nd generator, I swear the 3rd generator was still in the red and on final 20sec, everyone was commanded to focus fire the cannon sweet spot. We won.

I've seen old videos from 2016 that have a fast wave of lights on first wave all rush the generators and succeed. the next 3 waves area ll spent on pushing in and hitting the cannon.

I'm not one for being out of the loop and having a ****** score/contribution because I don't know the general strategies of Siege. So please do tell.

So, above wise veterans, what is the inside knowledge and practice on Siege?

Kill everything then kill the gens. payout is lower if you only go for objective. this is the case in every mode. It's not 2017 and before, winning brings no map benefits, there are no rewards for constant wins. Shoot mechs in a more organized environment.

#7 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:24 PM

You learn nothing by shooting buildings.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:49 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 January 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

Some people really need to prove they can hit the broadside of a barn, and apparently units that engage in military role play mostly seem to prefer role playing as suicide bombers.

lol...

So true.

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 January 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

In MWO's alternate timeline, in the year 3067, instead of a Word of Blake Jihad, we have instead a Davion potato Jihad. Screaming "Death to Comp Players" as they rush mindlessly to destroy stationary infrastructure, their end goal is to liberate the game for all tier 5 players.

Not knowing how to deal with this onslaught, PGI devs focus on game trends from real world 2017 and devise "Long Tom 2.0". Firing every 90 seconds, this new long tom turns a full quarter of the map into nuclear wasteland, thus slowly creating an ever smaller safe zone in which to fight.

Dire Wolf Ultraviolet purists immediately go into a rage with the loss of long range situations, with one italian heard commenting "if PGI was in Italy, they would have 10 men knocking....". Brawl enthusiasts initially rejoice, but then discover that they still can't hit the broadside of a barn despite sub 200m engagement ranges.

Edited by Vxheous, 23 January 2020 - 02:27 PM.

#10 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

View PostVxheous, on 23 January 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

In MWO's alternate timeline, in the year 3067, instead of a Word of Blake Jihad, we have instead a Davion potato Jihad. Screaming "Death to Comp Players" as they rush mindlessly to destroy stationary infrastructure, their end goal is to liberate the game for all tier 5 players.

Not knowing how to deal with this onslaught, PGI devs focus on game trends from real world 2017 and devise "Long Tom 2.0". Firing every 90 seconds, this new long tom turns a full quarter of the map into nuclear wasteland, thus slowly creating an ever smaller safe zone in which to fight.

Dire Wolf Ultraviolet purists immediately go into a rage with the loss of long range situations, with one italian heard commenting "if PGI was in Italy, they would have 10 men knocking....". Brawl enthusiasts initially rejoice, but then discover that they still can't hit the broadside of a barn despite sub 200m engagement ranges.

I think I follow. The game used to be much better from a tactical, strategic sense. The maps were more widely used and loadouts were more diverse and versatile in the long ranged form. Firing lines and lance formations were less muderbally and nascar.

Good players within units began to break the game and dominate. The developers listened to the non-elites to ensure that the casuals stayed loyal and played so they toned down the level of difficulty and adjusted scores to focus on "kill, kill, kill".

The vanguard adjusted and cemented the meta to be kill, kill, kill.

And now I'm getting the advice to "kill, kill, kill"

So is that why the experienced players always shoot, "push!!!' from behind?

Because I feel like my naive willingness to contribute is being exploited and I'm being used as cannon fodder.

#11 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

View Post_Magno_, on 23 January 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

I think I follow. The game used to be much better from a tactical, strategic sense. The maps were more widely used and loadouts were more diverse and versatile in the long ranged form. Firing lines and lance formations were less muderbally and nascar.

Good players within units began to break the game and dominate. The developers listened to the non-elites to ensure that the casuals stayed loyal and played so they toned down the level of difficulty and adjusted scores to focus on "kill, kill, kill".

The vanguard adjusted and cemented the meta to be kill, kill, kill.

And now I'm getting the advice to "kill, kill, kill"

So is that why the experienced players always shoot, "push!!!' from behind?

Because I feel like my naive willingness to contribute is being exploited and I'm being used as cannon fodder.

No, my post is meant to be satire for what the game is now.

In terms of pushing, when good players say it, it means to smartly advance while still shooting/playing the angles/closing the concave on the opposition. We don't mean YOLO into the open into enemy like a lemming.

As to playing the objective, once upon a time, we were able to select actual planets to attack along a front. Whichever unit claimed the most wins for the winning side on that planet got to plant their unit flag on the planet, and earned 15 MC per cycle for 30 days which went into unit coffers to be distributed to unit members by leader/officers. During this time, winning the match quick allowed more chances to stack up more wins, so gen rushing was a legit tactic.

Nowadays, there's no planets to take, and so the sole reward is from killing mechs. The more mechs your team kills, the higher cbill payout you get for match. Gen rushing gives you low payout just so you can say "hurr durr we win!"

Edited by Vxheous, 23 January 2020 - 05:23 PM.

#12 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

90% of the time if some rando is yelling "pusha pusha pusha" it's because they're an impatient tool.

Next time you encounter that, ask them if they see any clear advantage in doing so. They probably won't have an answer to that, because the reality is they are just too lazy to learn how to trade or work cover.

These people are basically the reason big engine stomp meta became the most popular way to play the game and evolved into nascar.

Edited by Prototelis, 23 January 2020 - 05:24 PM.

#13 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 January 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

90% of the time if some rando is yelling "pusha pusha pusha" it's because they're an impatient tool.

Next time you encounter that, ask them if they see any clear advantage in doing so. They probably won't have an answer to that, because the reality is they are just too lazy to learn how to trade or work cover.

These people are basically the reason big engine stomp meta became the most popular way to play the game and evolved into nascar.

To be fair though, big engine stomp existed long before the mindless pusha pusha pusha crowd.

Old outdated description meta changes from old metamechs. It's like what's old is new again.
http://metamechs.com/mwo-guides/meta/

Edited by Vxheous, 23 January 2020 - 05:28 PM.

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:47 PM

I had a dream and vision for faction play

the FP would slowly be in a state of building
I would send Paul pm's to add things to the game instead of taking things away

(dont worry he does not listen to me)

I sort of fell like a dope for asking for more and more things

my last few things
1) star lanes, weighted planets
to enhance FP economy (you spend money for assets like star lane access)
2) special ops missions (comp style play for teams, scouting was just the start, later 8v8's and then 12v12 and after that the sky's the limit)
3) "campaign mode for units", units and or mercs would use there assets and engage in battles for a planet or set of planets

what this thread is saying
we dont want any maps or modes we just want to spawn 100 meters from each other and just shoot at each other

yep the idea of FP (community warfare was a pipe dream)

#15 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

What the literal **** is this concept, and why are people telling other people in their units to use these strategy's? I mean yeah if you drop pugl sure this would probably work, but I couldn't believe I witnessed wave after wave of sacking over and over...

#16 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

There is no reason to do a genrush as, has been mentioned already, there are no consequences to winning or losing.

If some idiots insist on doing it, just farm them for c-bills, spit on their sad corpses, and move on.

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM

plenty of reasons to gen rush if your not narrow minded

you might not like the reason/s

but so what, its your job to over come any and all tactics the other side might have

#18 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:54 AM

@magno

Hi again. I did the drop call i match u mentioned. We were in a 4 man and there was like 4-5 BT ler.
Truth is: u have to work with what is is available and I know some of the guys in our group are not rly strong in trading.
That being that the only wave I called for push. Was in wave 3 when we was short on the time. From the moment we were in e3/e4 behind the canon it was trading again. (Yea some are just to greedy to shoot buildings instead and even blocking the gens while doing so). Yondu and Ash put on the carry pants and both dish out 4500. Ash did great job in positioning the pugs for an early gate defence, which is rly strong if red team is weak in trading.

#19 _Magno_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:08 AM

View PostVxheous, on 23 January 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

No, my post is meant to be satire for what the game is now.

I picked up on the sarcasm, I was attempting to respond in supportive kind

View PostVxheous, on 23 January 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

In terms of pushing, when good players say it, it means to smartly advance while still shooting/playing the angles/closing the concave on the opposition. We don't mean YOLO into the open into enemy like a lemming.

I think I follow. In the above siege game that I mentioned (where the German commanded match kill for kill until the final wave) he was calling for "push" but push with direction. 'Push into the right, head for E4, and hold up behind the hill. Focus only enemies between buildings"?

Other times I'll here "push, push, push!" ...and that's it. So some of us push in and so this is where I'm being exploited. I here "push" and I presume they know what they are talking about, that they are participating. I'll attempt to focus on one enemy, I'll call that enemy out, i.e. "Focus Beta!"

So I was wondering why our unit has a "coffers" and only for CBills and only for inviting new members. Seems like there was a bigger management option at some point.,

#20 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:46 AM

God forbids learning to shoot mechs over inanimate objects if it's the only way to win

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 24 January 2020 - 05:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users