Headshots Are Too Op

6 replies to this topic

#1 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM

Lately I had tried playing twin gauss rifle after different play style, it always seems to have too low dps before to me.

holy cow. It’s so easy to headshot with it with a bit of patience. Now the level 15 missions with assult mechs are just too easy.

an armor sponge? No problem twin gauss rifle in the cockpit will kill everything one shot.

its addictiingly fun. Now I run exclusively gauss rifle and aim for exclusively cockpit for any mechs heavier than a blackjack.

it only there is a headshot counter for post mission stats, nothing like landing two headshots in a row at 600+ meters

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:47 PM

if I could get the head shots in MWO as easy as I can in MW5, all head shot achievements would had been completed years ago

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:19 AM

Headshotting with my 2xGauss+ERPPC is extremely fun. I like it alot.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:11 AM

If you think something is OP then...

PGI : ".... consider self-balancing"

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

Its a single player game so OP is OK imo

#6 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

To be honest, humanoid mechs are so much easier to headshot.
forexample, victor, awesome, banshee and QuickDraw has a headshot accuracy of 80% for me if they are facing you and standstill. As long as they are within 800 meters, just now I headshotted a benshee at 1.4Km right after it was droppped by a drop ship it’s not even funny. (playing from a 32 inch 4K, I think it helps)

HBK at the left side is also super ez to headshot due to the protruding cockpit. I hit most of my walking flickshots toward HBKs from the left, that and they dont really bob up and down during walking

for the likes of rifleman, archer, stalker, marauder, somehow I have a really hard time going for headshots dispite my best effort as the cockpit is embeddded in the torso and lack distinctive hit boxes. Espically when viewed over at distance. I have no bloody clue where the head is. I could only headshot consistently at non humanoid mechs at 200meters, which kinda defeats th purpose of a quick clean kill. As for atlas the head hit box is funky as tilted to the left, it’s kinda a hit or miss.

now a days I just want to ran into benshee and victors and awesome so I can have an easy time doing serial headshot and have the illusion that I am a skilfull mechwarrior( that abuses op twin tier 4 m7 gauss rifles)

Edited by cheapcamper, 31 January 2020 - 11:25 AM.

#7 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 25 January 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

If you think something is OP then...

PGI : ".... consider self-balancing"

Nothing wrong with that, I can't even count how many games i play that people say X, Y or Z is OP, bad ect... If you think so, just don't do it. I've done it in tons of games. Some folks need to use OP skills/powers to make games playable.. others do everything shot of playing one handed to make games harder.. Heck with mouse+keyboard games like in RTS vrs comp some folks even do that and just play with a mouse to make the game challenging.

Over on the BT forums, people are complaining about the maurder and its headshot ability.. Yet every day people make posts about how hard the game is, even using the same mech.

Skill levels vary so much, But I'll bet someone could make a "harder head shots" mod.. shrink the Hitbox and beef the armor, not a terribly hard mod over all.. I'm sure many of us mortals would never get one with the mod, then again many folks never get um with out. I personally never got one in MW5, though i never tried either. Only got 1 or 2 in MWO and by pure chance, and only been hit by one a couple times too.

at any rate.. Yup sounds like solid advice.

Edited by JC Daxion, 03 February 2020 - 12:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users