How Do You Earn Faction Rep

11 replies to this topic

#1 Claver

Rookie

• Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:27 AM

So I guess I'm a freelancer in the Faction War thing. But how do I earn rep with a faction? I feel like I've played enough games to go up at least 1% in the first tier with someone.

Is there a match to percentage gained ratio and I'm not getting it?

Does it have to be matches won? I am on the losing side most time, but I do win from time to time.

Any help would be appreciated

#2 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:26 AM

Go to "faction details" whenever a conflict is taking place and pick faction of your choice. The specific house or clan you pick is only relevant to which side you want to play for. Even if a conflict is ghost bear vs kurita or whatever, picking any IS house will pile you into kurita que, and vice versa. At the end of a battle you will then get points relevant to whatever faction you chose.

I already have all the crap I want so I havent paid attention to the details, but what I've heard is that if you change loyalty you may lose points with whatever faction you were previously playing for. So I'd recommend sticking with a specific house till you get the rewards you wanted.

#3 Claver

Rookie

• Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:56 AM

I'm doing that. I'm at 0% with house Marik. Even after playing with them in the last event. What do I do to get past 0. I've been playing a few weeks and I read this is the best way to get free Mechbays. But again, weeks with 0% progress means something's broken or I'm doing something wrong.

#4 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

View PostClaver, on 26 January 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

I'm doing that. I'm at 0% with house Marik. Even after playing with them in the last event. What do I do to get past 0. I've been playing a few weeks and I read this is the best way to get free Mechbays. But again, weeks with 0% progress means something's broken or I'm doing something wrong.

Are you sure you actually pledged loyalty and didn't just pick a side?
Posted Image

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

View PostClaver, on 26 January 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

You should not ever be entering Faction Play until you have at least 8 fully loaded out / skilled up mechs.

Why? Faction Play is not the place for beginners.

You need at least one drop deck (4 mechs) that are capable for a Long Range Maps - So ERPPC/ER Large Laser
Then another drop deck that is mid-range. So 400-600m. This can be laser or dakka based.

Going in with less than 8 fully skilled, properly built mechs, is not only a waste of your own time (as you can earn more cbills in quickplay) but also a waste to your team as you are going to be a huge hinderance to victory - and thus, less cbills.

Unless you are consistently pulling 1,000dmg across all your mechs - stick to Quick Play until skills improve.

You can earn MC each week with Quickplay events. Enough to get you to 12-15 mechbays easily enough while skilling out mechs. Given the grinds etc.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 26 January 2020 - 01:36 PM.

#6 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

What he said ^. Also your response suggests to me that you are selecting a house but then dropping into quickplay matches. Are you sure you've built a deck and clicked the "fight now" button?

#7 Claver

Rookie

• Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

View PostVigorousApathy, on 26 January 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

What he said ^. Also your response suggests to me that you are selecting a house but then dropping into quickplay matches. Are you sure you've built a deck and clicked the "fight now" button?

Yup.

And yeah, I get it. Faction play ain't for noobs blah blah, all beside the point.

So unless I pledge to a faction I can't earn rep? I've read to the contrary a few other places. That because mechbay is rep 2 it can be done quickly for multiple factions as a freelancer

Guess my exact question is, what does it take to earn 1% rep with a faction?
Played with a group a few days ago, we did pretty good, won a few matches and I had a lot of fun. Felt like that was worth 1% reputation with Kurita

#8 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

Well here's me experience;
I've gained rep from winning and losing battles.
On a good 2k dmg 6+kill game that resulted in a win, I've achieved rank 2 with that single game. (No previous rep with that faction)

Therefore I think you are experiencing some sort of technical difficulty.

Edit: also no, you wont gain rep without pledging loyalty as those below me have pointed out.

Edited by VigorousApathy, 26 January 2020 - 02:17 PM.

#9 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

You won't get any rep unless you pledge loyalty .

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

Again, you have to pledge loyalty to gather reputation with that faction. End of story.

#11 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

View PostClaver, on 26 January 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yup.

And yeah, I get it. Faction play ain't for noobs blah blah, all beside the point.

So unless I pledge to a faction I can't earn rep? I've read to the contrary a few other places. That because mechbay is rep 2 it can be done quickly for multiple factions as a freelancer

Guess my exact question is, what does it take to earn 1% rep with a faction?
Played with a group a few days ago, we did pretty good, won a few matches and I had a lot of fun. Felt like that was worth 1% reputation with Kurita

Wherever you heard that they are wrong period. If you do not pledge to a faction you will earn Rep towards your Mercenary Faction. Also note that if you pledge you will earn the base reputation per win/loss respectively. However if you pay attention to the factions you can earn more for pledging to the active fighting factions and their allies. You can switch factions on the fly so once you hit L2 switch and pledge to another.

You can get to L2 w/ each faction except mercenary in 3 wins if you are halfway decent. Also ASH is being nice, which is weird, but close to 2k without airstrikes should be your goal i.e why you need properly built decks with fully skilled mechs. I concentrated on building my Clan decks and the few times I dropped IS w/ **** builds I got under 1k. Don't be like me. You get 2 drop decks for free and start with 4 mech bays. If you grind out all the mech bays you should have enough for 2 full drop decks per side. Just swap the decks out between IS and Clan. You want 1 mid range and 1 long range deck. Don't just listen to anyones build advice. Very few people actually know what they are talking about. All the guys from EmP know, many others don't so watch out who you listen to. If they say run LRM's turn around and keep searching lol

Edited by Winter VII, 26 January 2020 - 04:19 PM.

#12 Claver

Rookie

• Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:23 AM

Thanks everyone for all the clarification/advice, it's really appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users