Event: Trial Mech Challenges

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dueliest

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

This is a bad idea. Mostly applying in solo que where team play is just starting to be learned, motivating players to go lone ranger with an un-skilled mech is not how you develop a better community with the intent to have the game played the way it is meant to be. Its hard enough to get solo que to work together on a good day. Further more how much are we going to love this game when your in a light mech trying to get a solo kill with 4-5 other players on the same team trying to do the same thing. In fact as the knowledge of the event expands and more players attempt it the chances of completion decrease. Up to the point of the abysmal task of trolling for afk pilots, at the expense of our tier rating and round objective focus. Simply knowing that people are out for that "solo kill" means strategy goes out the window and playing non trial mechs for "easy" kills lacks any tactical appeal and is otherwise "non-real" battle experience. So the game is on an "intermission" where you cant take the fights seriously until everyone stops focusing on the "if your lucky" objective. (and I say this because the opportunity to solo usually means an opportunity for focus fire). The end result, for me at least, I want to stop playing this game until the event is over.

You may have wanted to make the free MC prohibitively difficult but the repercussions go well beyond your immediate bottom line.

PS: TY PGI for changing this. It has made this whole thing much more enjoyable and less stressful.

Edited by Dueliest, 01 February 2020 - 10:22 AM.

#2 Kobzarrr

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

just another newbie "friendly" event from pgi

how can i complete THIS

Posted Image

there is NO CLAN LARGE PULSE , i can't even place it.

P.S. sorry all fine just placed in wrong event . 1 dmg with lrg pulse (IS) and all good , but stil don't know why in Clan event and why exactly WHK

Edited by Kobzarrr, 31 January 2020 - 12:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users