• 116 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

bug? i hope thats not a new feature.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Not sure as I've never tried to drop into a new drop rather than rejoin one I got kicked out of for whatever reason

Is it possible the 4 mechs in your drop deck are locked into that drop and you can't use them until the drop ends same as in QP? In which case try selecting 4 different mechs as see if it lets you do it

#3 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:49 PM

View PostUakari, on 30 January 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

bug? i hope thats not a new feature.

You cannot drop the same mech that is still in the previous match. You can however drop in a different mech. For FP if even 1 mech in drop deck is in old match you can't drop that deck.

Edited by Winter VII, 30 January 2020 - 12:50 PM.

#4 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:00 PM

no, different mechs not possible, even changing clan to is and choosing different drop deck does not work

sometimes your team just won and i dont care for the last kills, so i suicide and want a new match.
or of course you **** up and become a perma.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

View PostUakari, on 30 January 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

no, different mechs not possible, even changing clan to is and choosing different drop deck does not work

sometimes your team just won and i dont care for the last kills, so i suicide and want a new match.
or of course you **** up and become a perma.

Well stop doing both of those things and you won't have a problem.

#6 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

Guess they wanted to get rid of players who dc too often, but having to watch the pc constantly to wait for the launch button to appear again sucks.

#7 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:59 AM

Welp, for that you can thank our well known russian bois who've been suiciding their mechs in the first 5-10 minutes of the match and moving on to the next one. Not like it stopped them from doing so but well.

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

lol, and don't forget that guy from PHOG mechwarrior 472.

#9 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

perfect...so i sit and watch the 11/11 guys waiting for a game timer and cant join.
Furthermore you are stuck with the same team the whole time, means you have no chance to "escape" an opponent 12 comp team when that happens.

#10 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:31 PM

when was the last time you've seen an opponent 12 comp team? large EMP group did like 2? drop nights in god knows hold long, which unfortunately I missed, but I was amused by their ridicule of everyone because they couldn't find strong opposition given there are only like 2 comp teams in the whole game that could give them a fight and only one of them drops FP usually in groups of 2-4

#11 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

View PostUakari, on 26 February 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

perfect...so i sit and watch the 11/11 guys waiting for a game timer and cant join.
Furthermore you are stuck with the same team the whole time, means you have no chance to "escape" an opponent 12 comp team when that happens.

Comp teams really don't drop in big groups. Also, lots of comp teams don't even have 12 players total. MJ12 had 12 total players for MWOWCS last fall, at one point we may have had 13 players very briefly, and we're spread across timezones so anytime we drop in FW together we're like a 4 man, maybe 6.

You really should know what you're talking about before you start claiming things like that.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

"escape"

Translation: suiciding all 4 of your mechs.

You should be made to wait for such behaviour.

#13 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

Well at least PGI acknowledges the issue, that some matches are so unplayable it's just more entertaining and rewarding to eject from them then to waste time playing them...

Next PGI needs to "fix" that issue, instead of coming up with counter-productive ways to further aggravate players with it.

The issue being that if you can't have a separate group queue, then you have to have a group size limit instead, as the only way to make sure the MatchMaker is able to give both teams their fair share of bad players.

#14 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:45 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 11 March 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

The issue being that if you can't have a separate group queue, then you have to have a group size limit instead, as the only way to make sure the MatchMaker is able to give both teams their fair share of bad players.

This is the separate group que, welcome.

Group size limit will accomplish nothing, 3 groups of 4 sync dropping will be the same as a 12 man like 90% of the time

Besides today there are no strong 12 mans left in the game, usually it's the groups of 3-4 ultratryhards you gotta watch out for, 2 groups being put on the same team usually results in a 48:sub 20 drop

#15 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:26 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 11 March 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Group size limit will accomplish nothing, 3 groups of 4 sync dropping will be the same as a 12 man like 90% of the time

Well yes I agree : The MatchMaker would also have to be changed so it doesn't favor fitting a maximum amount of groups over fitting in a minimum amount of balance.

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 11 March 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

Well at least PGI acknowledges the issue, that some matches are so unplayable it's just more entertaining and rewarding to eject from them then to waste time playing them...

Next PGI needs to "fix" that issue, instead of coming up with counter-productive ways to further aggravate players with it.

Imagine bringing mechs and loadouts where you actually offer/contribute something to a match.

Those "unplayable" matches might become somewhat playable once in a while if you actually contributed to them.

It only aggravates those who are essentially non-participating. So in that instance - LET THEM be aggavated. Maybe then they will learn to contribute. Ah who am I kidding, you're been a parasitic LRMer for years and won't ever change.

So just stay aggravated, as you then know what the 11 other players feel every time they are unfortunately put in a match with you.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 March 2020 - 07:43 PM.

#17 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

Perhaps Ritalin will help you.

Edited by Appogee, 20 March 2020 - 07:45 PM.

#18 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 March 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Imagine bringing mechs and loadouts where you actually offer/contribute something to a match.

Those "unplayable" matches might become somewhat playable once in a while

In a "match" were my team got stomped, I was somehow blamed for the score despite my 4 kills...

Which sure enough was deserved : Because my team lost that match 4-48.

But short of a convenient scapegoat, weapon or player, what really happened was : 12 players used the legal exploit of unlimited group size, to completely bypass any form of matchmaking.

There was no match because the was no matchmaking, neither available or even possible.

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:20 PM

WWWOOOOWWWWWWWWWWEEEEE.

You last hit 4 mechs with LRMs from 900 Meters.

Congratulations

Posted Image

#20 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 23 March 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

legal exploit of unlimited group size

lol, those damn exploiters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users