53 replies to this topic

#1 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:43 AM

.... reading the same or virtually the same threads, topics and discussions that were floating around 1, 2, 3 years ago.

I took a few months off to get my head straight and decided to drop a few matches today (which obviously gave me time to catch up on the forums, wait warrior online is still real lol). Nothing has changed as far as I can tell, which is both amusing and disheartening.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:48 AM

So you decided to contribute to the thread variety with another new "back from a break, nothing's changed" post?

Posted Image

#3 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:05 AM

View PostKodyn, on 02 February 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

So you decided to contribute to the thread variety with another new "back from a break, nothing's changed" post?

Posted Image

Crap .... didn't think of that!!

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:26 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 02 February 2020 - 07:43 AM, said:

.... reading the same or virtually the same threads, topics and discussions that were floating around 1, 2, 3 years ago.

You are wrong: Topics like these were floating around about 7 years ago. Posted Image

Nothing has ever changed ...

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

I wish it was like the old days. At least I could find group q matches. The game is basically dead for me and my unit. We do a few sync drops but its not the same. I been waiting for Russ to say anything but I have now given up on this too.

Posted Image

#6 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 02 February 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

I wish it was like the old days. At least I could find group q matches. The game is basically dead for me and my unit. We do a few sync drops but its not the same. I been waiting for Russ to say anything but I have now given up on this too.

Posted Image

Dead group queue is a community problem. If people stopped sync dropping 95% of the time (outside of NA group queue fridays), group queue wouldn't be dead. That said, if they were to add a Solaris timer to group queue, and gave us a population counter, it might help get a couple games going again.

Edited by Vxheous, 02 February 2020 - 12:22 PM.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:24 PM

Lol yeah Pug, ain't nothing changed. Just less people playing. About it.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 02 February 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

But ... But... But...

According to the Forum "Eggspurts" Group Q is still distorting everyone's stats!

#8 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 February 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

But ... But... But...

According to the Forum "Eggspurts" Group Q is still distorting everyone's stats!

Group Queue Fridays has tanked my average match score, that's for sure. It's a struggle to get 300-350 damage

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Indeed. My average is 300-330 after GQ Fridays.

Doesn't take much to pop back up into the 400s, given how low skill the playerbase is these days.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Go to page 3 on most Faction sections or page 7 of the CW forum and go backwards. Pretty much first quarter of 2016 was the last great era of forum goodness.

Here is an example.

Most of the best of them got jettisoned but there's still an echo of the glory days.

No question, that era of FW was the glory days of MWO and we didn't even know it.

#11 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 February 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Go to page 3 on most Faction sections or page 7 of the CW forum and go backwards. Pretty much first quarter of 2016 was the last great era of forum goodness.

Here is an example.

Most of the best of them got jettisoned but there's still an echo of the glory days.

No question, that era of FW was the glory days of MWO and we didn't even know it.

Ah yes.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

Imagine starting a thread like NKVA, in 2020 on the forums?

You're gonna cop a warning for that because it would upset someones precious sensibilities.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

im still on vacation from mwo. built up a new minecraft world to the point where i dont have to do anything but afk farm, did a couple electronics projects, caught up on tv/movies, shoveled more snow than one should, and made an awesome batch of pork enchiladas. thinking about coming back for current event, but pgi gave me more than enough time to get some procrastination in.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 February 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#14 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 February 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

Imagine starting a thread like NKVA, in 2020 on the forums?

You're gonna cop a warning for that because it would upset someones precious sensibilities.

We lost quite a few good players because of the fragile 'IMMA AR-PEE BEIN' CLAN WOLF! YOU ALL HAVE TO PRETEND I'M GOOD AN' RESPECT ME! OR I'll TELL!" players. God I wish we could have just banned the lot of them in 2015, we'd still have more total players because they were always going to quit when the illusion inevitably died. We lost nothing of value in them but way too much to them.

Adversity drives a PvP game, especially something like Faction Warfare. It's not enough to chase stats, you want to take objectives and kill an enemy that's worth the effort. There's no logic in taking anything personal here. Nobody knows anybody. For all we know you're a 65 year old Scottish grandmother with a harelip who hires some Australian layabout to pretend to be her on the stream and pays him in warm beer and cheap cigarettes so her grandkids don't find out. It doesn't ******* matter. It's all big stompy robbit pretendy fun-time games. People like NKVA certainly pissed some people off but the pot needs stirred or the stew goes to ****.

It was good times though.

#15 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

View Postmartian, on 02 February 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

You are wrong: Topics like these were floating around about 7 years ago. Posted Image

Nothing has ever changed ...

There are inscriptions on Egyptian mustabas complaining about the very same thing...

#16 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 February 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Here is an example.

God I miss the old forum threads.

I'm gonna go bash some rocks into a remembrance or batchall or whatever clan wolf used to cry into.

#17 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:13 PM

View Postccrider, on 02 February 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

God I miss the old forum threads.

I'm gonna go bash some rocks into a remembrance or batchall or whatever clan wolf used to cry into.

The correct term is 80 year old mother's bosom.

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

ok what can be done to turn things around

it was mentioned some type of counters

so to turn things around

1) from Vxheous
"If people stopped sync dropping 95% of the time (outside of NA group queue fridays), group queue wouldn't be dead. That said, if they were to add a Solaris timer to group queue, and gave us a population counter, it might help get a couple games going again."

#19 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:58 AM

Wait, if what's waiting in GQ is EMP, where is the motivation to join for 90% of players? Almost a guaranteed loss unless it's meme night or something and they're all running 12 TAG novas..It'll be like when certain teams empty the fp queue.:D

Serisouly though, it sucks to be a middling unit and always be on the losing side, just sayin. In FP we've ground our noses into evil brick walls enough times, but in FP at least you know that your sacrifice means some other drop didn't get EVIL/MS/42/(insert name of powerful old school CW merc unit here) on theirs. Maybe I should have joined MS, after Tuk 1 lol, perchance I'd feel differently in this discussion. Not saying I don't like a challenge, but there's challenge and ridiculous.

Higher population dropping in GQ ofc would mitigate the problem, does GQ even have a MM to put the better teams vs one another if there are enough ppl in Q for it to chose?

Community led action to raise participation? PGI aren't gonna promote the GQ, and if they made an event that was "while in GQ do XXX" it would be just like normal QP events but worse since it would be a few organised teams vs lfg pugs looking for ticks in boxes. Crappy experience all round.

Actually, remembering Tuk1 and how MS handled that (they opened their TS, invited everyone and led huge numbers of mixed unit drops, obviously inviting to the unit anyone who qualifies and wants to join after) gives me an idea, players that want to group queue set up and lead teams of people that want to play QP "better" and sync drop vs one another, you get to have better games and teach people along the way, hopefully increasing the skill of players who want to learn, increasing engagement with both the game and the community.

#20 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:37 AM

View Postn00biwan, on 03 February 2020 - 03:58 AM, said:

Wait, if what's waiting in GQ is EMP, where is the motivation to join for 90% of players? Almost a guaranteed loss unless it's meme night or something and they're all running 12 TAG novas..It'll be like when certain teams empty the fp queue.:D

Serisouly though, it sucks to be a middling unit and always be on the losing side, just sayin. In FP we've ground our noses into evil brick walls enough times, but in FP at least you know that your sacrifice means some other drop didn't get EVIL/MS/42/(insert name of powerful old school CW merc unit here) on theirs. Maybe I should have joined MS, after Tuk 1 lol, perchance I'd feel differently in this discussion. Not saying I don't like a challenge, but there's challenge and ridiculous.

Higher population dropping in GQ ofc would mitigate the problem, does GQ even have a MM to put the better teams vs one another if there are enough ppl in Q for it to chose?

Community led action to raise participation? PGI aren't gonna promote the GQ, and if they made an event that was "while in GQ do XXX" it would be just like normal QP events but worse since it would be a few organised teams vs lfg pugs looking for ticks in boxes. Crappy experience all round.

Actually, remembering Tuk1 and how MS handled that (they opened their TS, invited everyone and led huge numbers of mixed unit drops, obviously inviting to the unit anyone who qualifies and wants to join after) gives me an idea, players that want to group queue set up and lead teams of people that want to play QP "better" and sync drop vs one another, you get to have better games and teach people along the way, hopefully increasing the skill of players who want to learn, increasing engagement with both the game and the community.

Even if/when we drop a larger group into GQ, chances are you'll see us maybe once a night, so take your 2 min loss and move on, its not like faction where you're gonna get farmed for the next 20 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users