Thank You Mat For This Champion Mechs Challenge

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

Realy a great event and I mostly enjoyed playing new mechs with fixed loadout.
Thank you Mat for some nice hours of gameplay.

This event was Interesting and challenging to make the best out of the given mechs.
The goals were fair and the rewards nice.
And the C- mechs were realy competitive. Not like he regular trial crap which prevents every newbie from going deeper into MWO.

I was in fear of the Spider and Mist challenge but in the end I unexpectedly had the .most problems with the Stormcrow and the Shadow Cat. This reminds me a bit of the rule-of-three time when suddenly the most underrated mechs became my new champions. I definitely miss these rule of three times and the challenge they were.

Ist a pity this game has reached the end of its lifetime because MW5 is in no way a replacement.

Edited by Mumuharra, 02 February 2020 - 09:37 AM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:29 PM

This event has seen the worst display of "gameplay" of any event in the last 12 months.

Unskilled trial mechs are garbage. Lots of the builds on them are from 3-4yo META / Balance. Take ECM mechs for instance... The ECM doesn't actually work unskilled because of the Skill Tree system implemented.

And then you have players dropping 4 trials into Faction... Which is even WORSE and making the gameplay experience poor for the other 23 players/25mins.

Can't wait for it to be over personally.

#3 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

Don't take me wrong please. I do enjoy playing rare mechs and I have enjoyed some events in the past that asked exactly for that. But being forced to play Spider 5K with that ultra nerfed build wasn't fun, not in the slightest.

#4 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

Oh I can understand your points but I have more than 100 mechs in stock (you too probably) and every one of them is equipped and skilled to the max. And to my playstile. And a bit boring by the time.
This event forced me to adapt my gameplay to the weapons I am forced to use and as many others had the some problems and drive detuned mechs these mechs felt very competitive to me. I had several games with 500 and more dmg an up to 3 kills or KMDD in one game (with this crappy Spider).
So for me it was definitely a cool event with lots of good games.

And I am sure I would not touch those mechs in a regular game where all 23 others are optimised to the top.
That is why this event worked for me.

FP is a different story. That’s right.
But I doubt many will try this.
Wait times for solos to drop in FP are way to long to have fun.
And groups or experienced player don’t dare to drop with a champion mech drop deck right?

Edited by Mumuharra, 02 February 2020 - 02:22 PM.

#5 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:02 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 February 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

This event has seen the worst display of "gameplay" of any event in the last 12 months.

Unskilled trial mechs are garbage. Lots of the builds on them are from 3-4yo META / Balance. Take ECM mechs for instance... The ECM doesn't actually work unskilled because of the Skill Tree system implemented.

And then you have players dropping 4 trials into Faction... Which is even WORSE and making the gameplay experience poor for the other 23 players/25mins.

Can't wait for it to be over personally.

SO MUCH THIS. Holy crap in a bucket. When your Gargoyle 130m range meme 'Mech triples the damage of the rest of charlie lance combined on Polar Highlands you know something is awfully, terribly wrong.

#6 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

Certainly wouldn't want to bring trial mechs into FP, that seems crazy.

I enjoyed the event. Felt pretty good on my end to bring unskilled, unfamiliar mechs out for a run and do reasonably well. Getting 5 kills in the Panther, and 700 dmg out of the Highlander were the highlights of my event; similarly to yourself I had troubles with the Shadowcat. Jagermech, too, proved troublesome.

#7 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

We cant all be as good as you Flyby, but that doesn't mean I won't try! =P

#8 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 03 February 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

We cant all be as good as you Flyby, but that doesn't mean I won't try! =P

"Reasonably well" in my mind is 200 dmg and a KMDD under the circumstances! Posted Image

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

View PostFlyby215, on 03 February 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Certainly wouldn't want to bring trial mechs into FP, that seems crazy.

I enjoyed the event. Felt pretty good on my end to bring unskilled, unfamiliar mechs out for a run and do reasonably well. Getting 5 kills in the Panther, and 700 dmg out of the Highlander were the highlights of my event; similarly to yourself I had troubles with the Shadowcat. Jagermech, too, proved troublesome.

Plenty were.

I did ~6hrs of it yesterday / streaming - Outside of the matches where we were not a 12man, or facing the 12man on the other side...

There was 2-3 players dropping trials each game. YOLO-Rushing in, permadead in a couple waves. It was excruciatingly painful.

And people say "dont stack groups", but if you don't run 12 you get stuck these these drones who are 100% going to cause you to lose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users