Change Fp Timer To 30/35 Minutes

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Change the FP timer to 30/35 minutes ? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Change the FP timer to 30/35 minutes ?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (11 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

3. Give it a try over a day or two (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Feature suggestion : Change the FP timer from 02:00 to ~30:00 (or ~35:00 when siege mode is available).

Consequences :

- For your first FP match of the day, you know exactly when to show up, and if you have enough time available for a QP match.

- For all your next FP matches, you know the next batch of match launches will happen just after your current match ends, allowing you to chain matches much better then before.

- If your FP match ends early : You know exactly how much break time you have available till the next batch of matches is launched.

A side effect might be that players will try to perform better, since throwing a bad match away won't allow them to speed up their next match.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 05 February 2020 - 08:22 PM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

Lol yeah change the timer from 2mons to 30mins.

What a great suggestion that is. People sitting there waiting for 30mins before they get a lobby.

Galaxy brain.

#3 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

dexter, u are fuck1ng r3t4rded

ez redact but hey im here to **** on dumbtards

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 05 February 2020 - 10:26 PM.

#4 The ImpIication

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:28 PM

jfc no

#5 NeirSolon

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

Is this the bad troll suggestion board?

#6 Mont

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:45 PM

I vote we change the timer on Dexter's only to every month.....

#7 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:12 AM

No. Dexter, no. Just no. One of the most braindead, foolish suggestions yet. Please forget the forums exist. For the love of god and all that is holy.

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:28 PM

Knowing precisely when the next match (batch) will launch, means you turned an unknown amount of 2:00 minute waits into a no waiting zone where you just need to show up on time instead : That's less time (no time) wasted waiting for your first match of the day to happen.

Having ~every match end at the same time, means ~everyone in them will be queuing back together for the next match (batch) that launches less then 5min after those matches have ended, again replacing an unknown amount of 2:00 minute waits with a single ~3:00 min wait.

Now if there were a handful of FP matches being launched every 2 minutes, then a 2 minute delay makes sense. But what we're getting instead, is an undetermined amount of 2:00 waits that end with no match launched every and any time we queue or queue back for a FP match.

Basically I'm making this feature suggestion so I can spent a WHOLE LOT LESS time keeping my eye on a 2:00 minute countdown an unknown amount of times, and just be able to show up right on time when it's really time for the next match (batch) to launch instead.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 06 February 2020 - 08:37 PM.

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

In NA and EU peak, when matches are kicking off every 2 mins on almost every cycle.

You want people to now wait 30mins.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted on this forum.

#10 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 06 February 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

Basically I'm making this feature suggestion so I can spent a WHOLE LOT LESS time keeping my eye on a 2:00 minute countdown an unknown amount of times, and just be able to show up right on time when it's really time for the next match (batch) to launch instead.

This has already been solved by PGI, you tab out, watch some youtube **** or whatever, and the taskbar notifies you when the lobby is ready.

#11 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:50 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 February 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

In NA and EU peak, when matches are kicking off every 2 mins on almost every cycle.

You want people to now wait 30mins.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted on this forum.

Well yes : Instead of launching a match as soon as 12+ players have gathered on each side, using the popular Solaris Matchmaking mechanic (grab whatever you can as soon as you can, and hope the massive Elo difference will work out...), gather hundreds of players once every ~30 minutes and launch them all at once.

And again that's no waiting on your first match of the day, because you know exactly when it's launching.

Then either a single ~3 min wait after your next matches of the day, or ~30 minutes of free time for those who didn't fit in, who unlike now will then have become the "only" players to have a priority status for the launch of the next batch of matches (instead of almost everyone queued having also become a priority player by the time the match launches).

It's no different then having a boss respawn at fixed times instead of all the time in a MMO, like the Raid Timer used in World Of Warcraft... you know, that unpopular F2P MMORPG that never took off because it's too dumb to respawn the end-game boss events every 2:00 minutes.

A loud enough top #25 Solaris player will tell you the Solaris MatchMaker works fine, because of the way it keeps feeding them one low Elo player after another, at least until they run out. But a less noisy low Elo Solaris player will properly tell you how incredibly broken it is for everyone else, and suggest to fix it instead...

Edited by Humble Dexter, 11 February 2020 - 06:18 AM.

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:13 AM

There's no such thing as a priority slot in FP MM, am I mistaken here? I always thought this was only a remnant from the Solaris timer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users