Ping

4 replies to this topic

#1 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:55 AM

What happend? Everyone has 300 ping while mine is <=10 on EU or <=90 on US ?
It completly ruins any aiming, mechs are warping back and forth.

#2 Mech Walesa

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:56 AM

if you have a low ping then it's the network and not mwo servers

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:33 AM

Oceanic invasion?

#4 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:05 AM

I would expect not to end up with oceanic players if I opt out from oceanic servers.

But there is a bug, most of the time you can't open the opt in / out menu anymore (little arrow next to QP button). Could be the source of this madness.

Sadly, this game is going down the toilet piece by piece. They seem not to care anymore and are losing all time youtube streamers.

MWO 2 around the corner, or will MW5 receive mulitplayer soon?

Edited by Quandoo, 06 February 2020 - 09:11 AM.

#5 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 06 February 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

I would expect not to end up with oceanic players if I opt out from oceanic servers.

But there is a bug, most of the time you can't open the opt in / out menu anymore (little arrow next to QP button). Could be the source of this madness.

Sadly, this game is going down the toilet piece by piece. They seem not to care anymore and are losing all time youtube streamers.

MWO 2 around the corner, or will MW5 receive mulitplayer soon?

That selector chooses the server, it doesn't mean that if you uncheck oceanic you won't play with people near the oceanic server. From what I understand a lot of oceanic players also play on the NA server.

What hours UTC are you playing at? It's possible that you're playing during Euro or Oceanic prime-time, and as such a higher proportion of the players online are outside of your region.

In my experience, ping isn't a huge issue in this game due to HSR. I did, at one point, have pretty bad packet loss from time to time, and that led to my mech and other mechs warping, so you might want to see if there are issues other than ping with your connection. I'm less familiar with this side of it, but it might also be that you are noticing other players who have unstable connections or are suffering packet loss, but I doubt there's much you can do about that.

To your last question, there's no indication that PGI is developing an MWO:2, and they have made no indication that MW5 will get any multiplayer outside of its current P2P coop. I think some folks are working on an MW5 PVP mod, but I don't know how far they've gotten, or if PGI has released enough for them to create PVP in MW5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users