19 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

Aite let's leave all that doom and gloom behind for a moment and talk about the coolest damn SRM bomber to never be run by anybody: The Dervish Frenzy!

This thing is capable of nearly 90kph with 8 SRM 4s and a jump jet, ooh yeah! I'm running mine with an XL 300, single jump jet, 8 SRM 4s, 6 tons of ammo and 4 heat sinks. For skills I grabbed all the missile and heat gen nodes I could, left side of the survival tree, most of mobility (ignoring speed tweak) and left side of aux for two UAVs - handy for spotting enemy flanks.

The 'Mech is an absolute blast to play, how do you fellas run yours?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

FRENZY

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 February 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

#4 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

I can’t remember which engine I have but I run 8 srm2’s personally seem to do better with them but it is probably all in my head...lol

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

I run 4 SRM4s in the torso and 4 SRM2s in the arms, Speed Tweak to run @ 95kph and enough cooling to spam SRM2s a lot inbetween the SRM4 cooldown. It works great for me.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,776 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:19 AM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 07 February 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

I can’t remember which engine I have but I run 8 srm2’s personally seem to do better with them but it is probably all in my head...lol

srm2s can be pretty damn accurate with their hardly noticeable spread. you lose half your damage over 4s but its a lot more focused, but by the time that starts to matter they are ready to fire again.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 February 2020 - 01:20 AM.

#7 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:54 AM

8x srm4 is probably preferable way for most players....and for good reason. I also really like 4x srm6, 4x srm2....for big alpha no ghost heat

#8 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

Lol am I a jerk for running my 6MR with 6 MPLs? I tried MRMs, but I can run 100kph with MPLs and smash.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 09 February 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

Lol am I a jerk for running my 6MR with 6 MPLs? I tried MRMs, but I can run 100kph with MPLs and smash.

6MPL is nothing to sneeze at.

#10 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:38 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 09 February 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

If you’re going to do that then game the game - put RL10 in each ST and run with the doors closed for 20% damage reduction to your STs. Well worth the 1 ton, especially if you run with XL engine. Bonus 40 splat damage at the right moment (but be sure that the doors close after that).

Oh yes, fill as much +armor and +structure skills as you can to stack with that %20 damage reduction.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 10 February 2020 - 06:41 AM.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 10 February 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

If you’re going to do that then game the game - put RL10 in each ST and run with the doors closed for 20% damage reduction to your STs. Well worth the 1 ton, especially if you run with XL engine. Bonus 40 splat damage at the right moment (but be sure that the doors close after that).

Oh yes, fill as much +armor and +structure skills as you can to stack with that %20 damage reduction.

Expending thr RLs cancels to bonus does it not?

Also, good God, MRMs are awful. I fail to understand how people can use them effectively, it takes forever for the salvos to clear the launcher and they seem to just spray everywhere. I tried MRM60 on the 10% spread reduction variant and I don't think I got a single kill. Just gross.

Edited by RickySpanish, 10 February 2020 - 09:00 AM.

#12 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 February 2020 - 08:58 AM, said:

Also, good God, MRMs are awful. I fail to understand how people can use them effectively, it takes forever for the salvos to clear the launcher and they seem to just spray everywhere. I tried MRM60 on the 10% spread reduction variant and I don't think I got a single kill. Just gross.

At what range are you firing your MRM's?

#13 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

Really? Have you ever tried them in the IV-4?

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 10 February 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Really? Have you ever tried them in the IV-4?

Yup, I think I am treating them as SRMs when really they're not, I'm used to all my missiles departing their launchers at the same time and I'm getting completely thrown off.

View PostCFC Conky, on 10 February 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

At what range are you firing your MRM's?

I've tried a variety of ranges to get an idea of how they function. I sprayed the back of a VGL with them within 90m (citadel middle on river city) and was rather annoyed by the amount of splash damage not hitting his rear CT. I think I may just be an SRM bomber at heart.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:05 AM

MRM30 on the 6M the same as baseline SRM4 spread. Obviously skill maze brings SRM4s down - it's still decent.

I mean MRM60 (2x30) and get to 180m and 60pts, decent damage. And that's the key, use them as higher powered SRMs basically. You can just do damage with them at 400m as well where SRM you cannot.

Just don't fight the Lights or Meds. Find the fat targets - Assaults/Heavy mechs.

I can get decent kills in it when using it. You just gotta play it with the SRM mindset - want kills, get in close.

It does yes. So never use them unless it makes sense to (close to the end of match).

#16 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:18 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 February 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

It does yes. So never use them unless it makes sense to (close to the end of match).

Another reason is Rockets get a 2x Crit. Damage multiplier vs. internals.

#17 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:31 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 February 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

MRM30 on the 6M the same as baseline SRM4 spread. Obviously skill maze brings SRM4s down - it's still decent.

I mean MRM60 (2x30) and get to 180m and 60pts, decent damage. And that's the key, use them as higher powered SRMs basically. You can just do damage with them at 400m as well where SRM you cannot.

Just don't fight the Lights or Meds. Find the fat targets - Assaults/Heavy mechs.

I can get decent kills in it when using it. You just gotta play it with the SRM mindset - want kills, get in close.

Cheers, one further question - I was under the impression that the missile spread node affects MRM spread as well, is that not the case?

#18 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:47 AM

Love the Dervish. Has everything I need but accuracy with my builds. Run my Frenzy with only two mrm20s because I run a light engine and not a XL but to be honest it seems like running a XL on it would not change a blasted thing for me because by the time I lose a side torso I only have about a second or two before I die and to add on to that it normally takes about 500 damage to bring it down.

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:25 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 February 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

Cheers, one further question - I was under the impression that the missile spread node affects MRM spread as well, is that not the case?

IT does yes

#20 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:46 AM

Cheers for clearing that up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users