New Trial Mechs

2 replies to this topic

Poll: New/Different Trial Mechs (5 member(s) have cast votes)

New/Different Trial Mechs

1. Yes (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Other (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:45 PM

Gonna keep it brief, the trial mechs in the game are sh*t, and I personally feel they further confuse and scare off beginning players. Nowadays I have a good amount more experience, but when I started the game I was alone and most the information I gathered was from seeing other players in bad builds, or the trial builds.

Personally just want a pole for changing the mechs to be more in line with meta. I am not talking the top tiers, or the cheeses, but mechs that would give players a chance in faction and quickplay.

Personally i'd say stuff like basic 2xhll+4ermed hellbringers, wolfhounds, potentially some off meta stuff like the er-ppc panther. For assaults, definitely the annihilator, but maintain a degree of variety of the gameplay with for example the mrm zeus, and stuff like this.
Trials should be mechs that aid in introducing the actual gameplay - so it's obvious that they need to not only be good, but have variety in them through the weight classes.

#2 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

To just hopefully get activity on this, I'm going to expand it.

My idea if greenlit, would be to tru and get the top teams, so EmP, EoN, JGx, etc. To make a list of potential mechs, hopefully they make a list in excess of actual amount added in, and then we could get a vote for the actually implemented list of trials. So far, this would only be for QP/GQ/FP and it would ignore Solaris mechs.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

There are almost no new players, so any effort put into redoing Trial 'Mechs would be a wasted effort.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users