- - - - -

Ghost Heat

4 replies to this topic

#1 pepe Le Peww

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

Still learning this game and encountered something really odd. I've been playing a laser build on a EBJ for some time and have a pretty good idea of what it can do heat wise and all, if I get damaged and lose a heat sink etc.

Today in a match where I didn't have too much damage to myself, I just couldn't get my heat to go down much. I even completely stopped shooting, waiting for it to go to 0 but then after 2 shots it was stuck again. What exactly causes this? Was it some crazy damage to my lasers or something that cause them to overheat like mad after just one shot?

#2 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:09 PM

It sounds like the infamous heat bug.

Basically you stop dissipating heat (or it takes a ridiculously long time). Happens once in a while.

On the flip side the opposite sometimes happens and it goes down ridiculously fast, but this seems even rarer, or at least people don't complain about it when it happens...

Personal I believe the servers get confused and assigned your dissipation to another mech.... it would explain both sides.

PGI can't track the source down so were stuck with it every, in my experience, 1 in 100 games.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 08 February 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#3 pepe Le Peww

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

Is there any way to get rid of it? It just happened again in a game. Seems to be more often than 1 in 100. This time I wasn't even damaged and I couldn't even take 1 shot after my heat filled up. It was going down at a snails pace.

#4 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:11 PM

View Postpepe Le Peww, on 09 February 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

Is there any way to get rid of it? It just happened again in a game. Seems to be more often than 1 in 100. This time I wasn't even damaged and I couldn't even take 1 shot after my heat filled up. It was going down at a snails pace.

Nothing you can fix from your end. It's a server desync issue, which PGI has been unable to track down/fix in over 2 years.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:07 AM

If you post your build, we can ensure it's not your mech's loadout.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users