Problem With Windowed Mode

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bushmaster12

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:50 PM

Hi, my girlfriend wants to play but when she starts MWO, in stead of opening on 1 monitor, it spans itself across both her monitors in such a way that she can not move it to one monitor , resize it, or access settings. She has an nVidia 1060 video card.Her OS is Win 10 and MWO was dl through steam. She has verified files through steam and it did not help. She could play at one time, but evidently something corrupted and we can't figure out what. She has also uninstalled and reinstalled. It didn't help. Any help would be very much appreciated!

EDIT - Thinking it may be a problem caused by steam, she uninstalled the steam version and installed the one from the mwo website. Same issue. It seems to be windowed, but way too large to reach what is needed to shrink or move the window. And it is still spanned across both monitors.

Edited by Bushmaster12, 09 February 2020 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

try nvidia experience and optimize the settings, this could get you access again. Or navigate here C:\Users\(yourgirlfriendsuser)\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Profiles\(yourgirlfriendsprofile) and delete attributes.xml

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 February 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

try nvidia experience and optimize the settings, this could get you access again. Or navigate here C:\Users\(yourgirlfriendsuser)\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Profiles\(yourgirlfriendsprofile) and delete attributes.xml

Definitely the above. Several settings are stored in a "universal" location (wording..) so that has installed both Standalone and Steam version, both would have access to same game settings. There may have been other reasons for this but I cannot recall why. Wait, I do now. The default game installation folders required users to drill down into the drive. So to make screenshots and other saved data accessible, it was relegated to the Saved Games folder. Also I do not believe that the Patcher had a Open Save Game Directory, and for Steam users that option would not have been available.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 February 2020 - 02:43 AM.

#4 Bushmaster12

Rookie

• The Ogre
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:37 AM

Thanks guys, that got it. She's in now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users