Mw4 Vengeance Remake Dlc

30 replies to this topic

#1 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:58 AM

I would love to pay for this DLC. Would you?

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 09 February 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

I would love to pay for this DLC. Would you?

Yes, but that would be a huge endeavor for a simple DLC.

#3 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Once the tool kit is released then a remake of past Mechwarrior games will be possible. Also campaigns stories out of the novels. Group of Mod makers could do it.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

The editor has been released.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

View PostOdanan, on 09 February 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yes, but that would be a huge endeavor for a simple DLC.

Well, they can make a poll to see how many people want it and make a decision according the poll.

View PostRipper X, on 09 February 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Once the tool kit is released then a remake of past Mechwarrior games will be possible. Also campaigns stories out of the novels. Group of Mod makers could do it.

Oh, i did not think about it, thanks for the reminder. I am not sure if someone would do it for free, it is a lot of work.

#6 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

MW5 Engine with MW4 missions, MW4 story and MW4 AI.
Do I really ask too much from PGI?
Making a good game can be so simple.

Edited by Mumuharra, 14 February 2020 - 01:55 PM.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

If PGI were to do what you're asking for, they'd need to pay for licensing the MW4 story.

#8 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:11 PM

The franchise was already a M$ property when MW4 was released.
There are some details I'm sure would need to be discussed but I'd think the licensing PGI already has would cover lore and previous stories in the game universe, no?

#9 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:52 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 14 February 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

If PGI were to do what you're asking for, they'd need to pay for licensing the MW4 story.

Basicly you are right but I think you know hat I mean.
The story itself is not why many of us played MW4 many times.
It’s the demanding mission design that was the strength of the game.
And this could be copied easily and cover by a slightly altered story.

Why inventing the wheel new if they dont have the skills for it?
The core mechanic of MW5 is good, like MWO.
They just don’t have the skills to make a interesting game out of it.
So why not just learn from the best an „copy“ what you are lacking?
You can also call it „learning from the best“.

Edited by Mumuharra, 15 February 2020 - 02:20 AM.

#10 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 14 February 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Hold on. PGI has the license for Mechwarrior. Is there another MW license?

Edited by SVK Puskin, 15 February 2020 - 03:14 PM.

#11 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:54 PM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 15 February 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hold on. PGI has the license for Mechwarrior. Is there another MW license?

PGI currently has a license to develop their own MW games using the MW IP, that doesn't mean they have the rights to rip art and assets from previous MW titles as they don't hold the license for those games.

Now that's not to say PGI can't ask for the rights to those assets, but then it comes down to money.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:38 PM

View PostMumuharra, on 14 February 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

Why inventing the wheel new if they dont have the skills for it?
The core mechanic of MW5 is good, like MWO.
They just don’t have the skills to make a interesting game out of it.
So why not just learn from the best an „copy“ what you are lacking?
You can also call it „learning from the best“.

True. But they might still get into trouble though.

#13 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

View PostMumuharra, on 14 February 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

MW5 Engine with MW4 missions, MW4 story and MW4 AI.
Do I really ask too much from PGI?
Making a good game can be so simple.

No, making a good game can never be "so simple". That's about as wrong as anyone has ever been in the history of humans.

#14 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 15 February 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

PGI currently has a license to develop their own MW games using the MW IP, that doesn't mean they have the rights to rip art and assets from previous MW titles as they don't hold the license for those games.

Now that's not to say PGI can't ask for the rights to those assets, but then it comes down to money.

Thanks for the clarification.

#15 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:17 AM

I would love to play all the Mechwarrior games (1,2,3,4,and all add-ons) in MW5's engine.

If you make it, I will play it.

#16 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 February 2020 - 02:17 AM, said:

I would love to play all the Mechwarrior games (1,2,3,4,and all add-ons) in MW5's engine.

If you make it, I will play it.

Yeah, i did not play 1 and 2 so i would try it. Why not?

#17 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:49 PM

I sometimes hear talk of making Mech Commander as a mod for MW5. That'd be nice as well. Then again, here's the reality...

The Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are waaaay more popular than Mechwarrior and Battletech series combined. People have been modding TES games for a looooong time and have teams who worked on large scale mods like Enderal, Bruma, etc., Now, that being said, there was a crossover mod called Morrow-Oblivion that aimed to bring Morrowind into Oblivion and it kinda worked but the work on it kind of never finished. There is currently a project to bring Morrowind and Oblivion into Skyrim and there's a dev update regularly for it and there has been more updates recently than ever before but that has been going on for nearly a decade now.

Now, you can ask me why it stopped and you could give me an answer yourself saying that the project is very ambitious for people who make mods in their spare time but again, the reality is you can't use assets from one game in another like that. It's against the rules and companies can take you to task for it. Some don't but given how the industry is nowadays, it can happen. The reason why moving Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim is still a WIP is 'cause the people are recreating each and everything, including soundtracks so that Bethesda and even some official voice-actors (who previously worked for Bethesda to voice characters in Morrowind and Oblivion) can't legally take the modders to task 'cause the assets are made from scratch. The voice actors actually own the license of their work with Bethesda and even if Bethesda themselves allow the voice files to be used in mods, the voice actors might disagree.

#18 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 February 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

I sometimes hear talk of making Mech Commander as a mod for MW5. That'd be nice as well. Then again, here's the reality...

The Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are waaaay more popular than Mechwarrior and Battletech series combined. People have been modding TES games for a looooong time and have teams who worked on large scale mods like Enderal, Bruma, etc., Now, that being said, there was a crossover mod called Morrow-Oblivion that aimed to bring Morrowind into Oblivion and it kinda worked but the work on it kind of never finished. There is currently a project to bring Morrowind and Oblivion into Skyrim and there's a dev update regularly for it and there has been more updates recently than ever before but that has been going on for nearly a decade now.

Now, you can ask me why it stopped and you could give me an answer yourself saying that the project is very ambitious for people who make mods in their spare time but again, the reality is you can't use assets from one game in another like that. It's against the rules and companies can take you to task for it. Some don't but given how the industry is nowadays, it can happen. The reason why moving Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim is still a WIP is 'cause the people are recreating each and everything, including soundtracks so that Bethesda and even some official voice-actors (who previously worked for Bethesda to voice characters in Morrowind and Oblivion) can't legally take the modders to task 'cause the assets are made from scratch. The voice actors actually own the license of their work with Bethesda and even if Bethesda themselves allow the voice files to be used in mods, the voice actors might disagree.

I remember that release of MWO was pretty big success in terms of money. What about MW5 Mercs? Do we have any informations? I am looking forward to support this game, that is why i am willing to pay for the remake of MW4 vengeance. If the license is a problem so PGI can make a poll about the remake and according the poll they can make a decision.

#19 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

@SVK Puskin :- At this point, there aren't any factual figures about how successful MW5 is in terms of sales. The general consensus is that MW5 is a very rough diamond but a diamond nonetheless and it needs a lot of work to make it a complete game. When I mean "work", I mean in every department.

The DLC that PGI have planned isn't clear but it is supposed to have more mechs and mission types, I think. If they wanted to remake or copy some portions of the older Mechwarrior games, they could've done that already. I'm pretty sure they would've discussed it internally. I don't think PGI themselves would do it. It's up to the modders. Having seen the modding community work on TES games, the hurdles that they have to overcome to make those mods are vast. Given that MW5 is a much smaller game in terms of popularity, we'd have to wait a while. That said, if an existing modding team like that of the Long War mod, Roguetech or even if the makers of Mechwarrio : Living Legends got together again to make mods, then we might see something similar to what you want. An ideal situation would be for existing modders to group up and make something like OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) or FCOM (a collection of mods for TES Oblivion). ATM, PGI won't be making a MW4-type campaign for MW5.

#20 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:09 AM

If you ask me, PGI should definitely NOT work on such mods. They need to spend their dev hours on making MW5 DLC's, Extension packs and potentially MWO2..

Mods need to stay in the domain of the modders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users