40 replies to this topic

#21 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

ty guys, I saw a lot of funny comments... and now in fact:
1. I know that game developers love IS, because there is no other way to explain massive magic quirks for all IS mechs.
2. 2HeavyGauss - its INSTA 50 dmg in ONE hitbox = 100% insta headshot, 100% insta backstab kills lights, medium and heavy mechs.
3. 3HeavyPPC - its INSTA 45 dmg on ONE hitbox = 100% insta headshot, 100% insta backstab kills lights and medium mechs.

but 3cGauss or 2cGauss+ERPPC or 3cERPPC its OP... clan oooooooooopppppp

if you don’t understand that the developers broke the balance in favor of IS, then you are playing the wrong magic game

#22 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

View PostRkshz, on 17 February 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

1. I know that game developers love IS, because there is no other way to explain massive magic quirks for all IS mechs.
2. 2HeavyGauss - its INSTA 50 dmg in ONE hitbox = 100% insta headshot, 100% insta backstab kills lights, medium and heavy mechs.
3. 3HeavyPPC - its INSTA 45 dmg on ONE hitbox = 100% insta headshot, 100% insta backstab kills lights and medium mechs.

if you don’t understand that the developers broke the balance in favor of IS, then you are playing the wrong magic game

IS v. Clan balance is in a decent spot right now actually. I'd be happy to see tweaks here or there, and am curious what bringing back 2gauss 1 peep builds would look like, but technically you can stagger 2 Gauss 1 peep and 3erppc builds to good effect right now. I play mechs from both sides and don't feel like either is lacking good options even if each side had particular areas of strength and weakness.

FYI you continue to ignore rather big drawbacks to those IS loadouts you are upset about, and you neglect to mention that the 3hppc is on one mech that also suffers bad hitboxes. At least acknowledge those factors rather than I just ignoring evidence.

#23 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:32 AM

lolwhut

#24 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:01 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 February 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

lolwhut

Me and Proto disagree on a lot of things... but in this we agree.

#25 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

I play both clan and IS and the balance right now is very good. Nobody today says clan OP (well apart from some terribads complaining about blood asps or something). Play only IS mechs for a month, then play only clan mechs for a month, see what the numbers show, I think you'll be surprised.

#26 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

#27 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

• They don't need to explain. Anyone with half a brain understands why. Just because you cannot means nothing really.
  • So is Dual AC20, Trippled HPPC, Tripple PPC, Tripple ERPPC. All can be alpha'd and some of them have much more range than HGauss. Again I must ask - what is your point? You are not making any logical sense.
  • And?
Once again you forget all the advantages I posted earlier and the fact you can fire 3 cERPPC on many clan mechs.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 February 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

So now I've had more than 1 second...

The Sleipnir, arguably the best IS Guass carrying mech has IS Gauss -5%, that's it. You really gonna try hinge an argument on a meaningless quirk?

Do understand that at 500m, D-HGauss is not doing 50dmg, right?

Yes, at up to around 350m it is. Dual Gauss for Clan, if anyone shaved head armour (and most do) - is an instant headshot out to over 650m.
Again, Sleipnir / Annihilator. Does not carry ECM. Stop making false "in practice" statements.
Anni and a Fafnir can get hot with backup lasers equipped, actually. Again, don't make "in practice" statements that are false.
You can absolutely place the damage in the same spot. If you can aim, it is very possible. And doing that at 700m+. Dual HGauss is doing no dmg at that point.
So is a DHGauss Sleipnir, Annihilator, Victor - Need I go on?
Yes and at that point you have delivered 120pts of damage, at over 700m, with PPFLD accuracy. You also have 65km/h and 15 cDHS to aid with that.

If you took those rose coloured glasses off you might stand a chance to see it perhaps?

Either that or you just have no idea what the word Balance in MWO, actually, means.

Show me where on the head the D-HGaus Fafnir touched you son.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 February 2020 - 03:16 PM.

#28 Sythreos

Rookie

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:48 AM

JUST NERF HEAVY GAUSS RIFLES PLEASE

#29 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:00 AM

Some people forget when it comes to balance that usually a dual Heavy Gauss instantly kills or cripples a light mech.

#30 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:17 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 16 May 2020 - 05:00 AM, said:

Some people forget when it comes to balance that usually a dual Heavy Gauss instantly kills or cripples a light mech.

Some people forget that a 20t Piranha can carry the same firepower: #Balance

#31 Negat1ve Nancy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:03 AM

Sounds like when match making decreases, nerf weapons posts increases
Logic why you do that.
Shakes fist

#32 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

this thread is like foot-fungus;

whenever you think it's gone, somebody brings it back up.
though it's kind of a theme around here ;)

#33 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 May 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

Some people forget that a 20t Piranha can carry the same firepower: #Balance

My DHG Anni has an 80 point alpha. 50 points of that is pinpoint, the rest is near pinpoint. And it's got more range than the Piranha. What piranha matches that?????

#34 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

View PostBrauer, on 16 May 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

My DHG Anni has an 80 point alpha. 50 points of that is pinpoint, the rest is near pinpoint. And it's got more range than the Piranha. What piranha matches that?????

A common trope on this forum is people comparing light mech firepower to assault mech firepower based purely on either DPS (i.e. MG Piranha) or alpha (i.e. laser Piranha or SRM Jenner IIC), but ignoring all of the other variables to affect a mech's ability to output damage (like range, pinpoint-ness, heat efficiency, etc.).

#35 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:22 AM

View PostBrauer, on 16 May 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

80pts, pin-point.

#36 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:54 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 May 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

you should look the meaning of "pinpoint" up;

or quite franky, play mwo at a level where people laugh at the PIR build (which should be right after the first few intro-matches for a new player, and upwards).

possibly both. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 16 May 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#37 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 16 May 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

you should look the meaning of "pinpoint" up;
  • Pinpoint - Hits exactly where you are aiming
  • Front-loaded - All the damage is dealt in a single instance
  • Hit-scan - Damage is dealt instantly to the target
Lasers are pinpoint hit-scan weapons.

#38 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

Oh no not the pinpoint debate again.

#39 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:11 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 May 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

I don't think you know what pinpoint means. HML have a very long duration, they are no comparison to DHG or MPL. Get that troll build out of here, you're just proving you haven't a leg to stand on.

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 May 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

• Pinpoint - Hits exactly where you are aiming
  • Front-loaded - All the damage is dealt in a single instance
  • Hit-scan - Damage is dealt instantly to the target
Lasers are pinpoint hit-scan weapons.

Long duration in nearly all live-game situations means that those HML spread damage all over the place. So in practice not pinpoint damage at all.

Arguing in bad faith is a bad look.

#40 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostBrauer, on 16 May 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

I don't think you know what pinpoint means. HML have a very long duration, they are no comparison to DHG or MPL. Get that troll build out of here, you're just proving you haven't a leg to stand on.

Long duration in nearly all live-game situations means that those HML spread damage all over the place. So in practice not pinpoint damage at all.

Don't worry, I'm not making a serious comparison with that Piranha. It was posted in the same vein that this thread began.

I do understand what you're saying about lasers spreading damage, but that doesn't make them any less pinpoint. They're still hitting exactly where you're aiming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users