Match Score. Magic?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:13 AM

I find a lot of outdated information (used to be a two digit number) on match score, but nothing recent. With the 500 match score component of the current event, does anyone know how it is computed?

I can take a light in, get a kill and an assist or two, kill some missiles and score 200+. I can take my Annie in, score 700+ damage, three kills, more assists and score 300+. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Is it divided by mech tonnage or something to balance the score among the various weight mechs?

#2 Chortles

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:29 AM

There are many ways to get match score besides damage and kills. If you're in a light, you're likely getting score from scouting, flanking, lance in formation, etc. Assaults have a harder time getting score from other roles besides combat.

#3 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM

AMS is an easy way to boost match score. UAV's help too if you get the spotting. KMDD, Damage it all plays into it.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

It's a combination of a lot of things. For e.g., regardless of mech, if you manage to get a kill, several kill assists and do around 900 damage without any team damage, you'll get 500 MS easily.

On the other hand, if you bring a mech that can shoot down a lot of missiles and destroy about 800 missiles, get several assists, do around 550 damage, you'll get 500 MS as well.

There are many other things that boost your MS. Things like staying with your lance-mates to keep the Lance-in Formation ticking every 10(?) seconds, shooting down UAVs, providing spotting assists, scouting, hit-and-run, flanking, etc., will add to your MS a little bit at a time.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

Credit goes to McGral18 and all posters who helped him in the thread:
Match Score Breakdown (And Help Wanted) For Science!
https://mwomercs.com...ed-for-science/

Edit: When this was calculated AMS did not provide match score, it does now. And it's not a triffling matter, I haven't really calculated it but it might be as high a 1 MS / 4 missiles.

Corolary: A high DPS mech with several AMS helps getting 500 MS if you are having trouble, i.ex: Nova and Corsair

Edited by Brizna, 18 February 2020 - 04:37 PM.

#6 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

Team Damage lowers MS. I've had matches where I've got around 2 kills, a few KMDDs, assists and also 900 damage and my MS didn't reach 500 'cause of Team Damage being in the high 100s.

#7 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:24 AM

Yes, it does, there's a mistake there definitely. My understanding is that MS from damage is actually: (damage - team damage) / 2

#8 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:29 AM

I always assumed it was Damage / 2 - Team damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users