Today I Feel Like I Have Gone To The Dark Side.

20 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen J Daniel

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

I would like to apologize for those I called S**t players today in Faction play. I feel that this game is turning into a sport, instead of a game. This is suppose to be fun but I have found myself insult those who don't know the game as well as others. Instead of helping the new players, there is insults and even worse, telling them to uninstall game and never come back. This is a problem. If new players are not accepted then this game will fail. You can say they don't listen, but would you listen if you were insulted first and the said you are doing it wrong and this is the way. Well I say I am pretty much done. If we can not accept there is a player that needs guidance, instead of insult and mockery, this game will fail. So will Mechwarrior 5. I will no longer stand for this. I have started to change into the monsters that think they are better. I know this game is very complex and it is not for all. But in order for this game to continue, titles should be disregarded and New players are just as important as the experienced ones. Like I said I feel ashamed today for my actions in Faction Play. I apologize and will most likely not be logging in for a while. Good Hunting Y'all.
Peace

#2 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:01 AM

View PostStephen J Daniel, on 18 February 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

I would like to apologize for those I called S**t players today in Faction play. I feel that this game is turning into a sport, instead of a game. This is suppose to be fun but I have found myself insult those who don't know the game as well as others. Instead of helping the new players, there is insults and even worse, telling them to uninstall game and never come back. This is a problem. If new players are not accepted then this game will fail. You can say they don't listen, but would you listen if you were insulted first and the said you are doing it wrong and this is the way. Well I say I am pretty much done. If we can not accept there is a player that needs guidance, instead of insult and mockery, this game will fail. So will Mechwarrior 5. I will no longer stand for this. I have started to change into the monsters that think they are better. I know this game is very complex and it is not for all. But in order for this game to continue, titles should be disregarded and New players are just as important as the experienced ones. Like I said I feel ashamed today for my actions in Faction Play. I apologize and will most likely not be logging in for a while. Good Hunting Y'all.
Peace

How many new people you have refused to help with anything as of late?

#3 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:29 PM

View PostStephen J Daniel, on 18 February 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

If we can not accept there is a player that needs guidance, instead of insult and mockery,

Look I know some of your post was directed at me - in particular - that.

I said what I said in-game because that user... CONSTANTLY dives me. Like _any_ _game_ _he_ _see's_ EmP/ASH - Dives harder than... Something I cannot say here.

There was quite a bit of background to the story. You can't take a single comment here/there to heart without knowing the full situation. Many of us have played Faction for years and years now.

There is history, there is banter, there is nothing to get ya panties in a knot about mate on that situation.

#5 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

Interesting way to justify butthurt. But like what else do you expect dropping solo in FP? That you will magically have 11 men EmP/JGx stack on your side? No you WILL get this: Posted Image

And if you check jarl's list of that guy ASH called out he was playing for almost a year at this point.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 18 February 2020 - 12:40 PM.

#6 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

I helped a guy in his 40% wave 1 mech eject yesterday before wave 4 started to help him out, he must have gotten turned around because he was 3 waves behind on defense in a really close match walking back towards our spawn in a really messed up mech. For some reason he didn't appreciate my act of kindness and proceeded to send some very not nice words my way. People just don't seem to welcome help when you try to provide it.

#7 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

View PostSerial Number, on 18 February 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

removed post

This is the reason why its easier to tell people to kick rocks rather then help them out. Players who want to get better will reach out for help. Players who don't will take it as an insult, rage, likely TK, and then continue to eject mechs and yolo charge the opposing team...

#8 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 18 February 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

I helped a guy in his 40% wave 1 mech eject yesterday before wave 4 started to help him out, he must have gotten turned around because he was 3 waves behind on defense in a really close match walking back towards our spawn in a really messed up mech. For some reason he didn't appreciate my act of kindness and proceeded to send some very not nice words my way. People just don't seem to welcome help when you try to provide it.

lol, we call that medvedding.

#9 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:52 AM

I think we (meaning anyone that has played a bunch of siege specifically) all had moments where we've yelled at people and possibly questioned their inbreeding status due to choices made in faction or repeated failure to realise certain things: don't reinforce, drop heaviest first, follow calls, focus fire, etc. Whether it's ball up and push or creeping death, 12 people with coordinated mechs, moving and fighting in a coordinated fashion is the goal (and winning obvs).

Criticisms might sometimes be inelegantly stated by some, in a manner more likely to impart stubborn resistance than learning, but truth be told, I'll often likely want to say the same things, just differently... I'd also not blame someone for being a bit petty and doing it deliberately to wind up whoever was losing their cool if they were being "offensive"(very subjective though).

I'm going to say it, but on siege please bring your big mechs first, there are lots of great reasons to do this and basically none to bring anything else (if your goal is victory and not farming tiny damage with a couple of ERLL for 3 waves and then dying 3 times in the dz). Don't need a scout, turrets will get you if you try to penetrate and flank, you'll die pointlessly in a straight fight, however DO want lots of dmg output and armour.

We seem to be stuck between various levels of "don't tell me how to play" and "please do this to give us the best chance of success" and the resulting frustrations, filtered through the various personalities leads to much salt.

Kinda lost the thread of what I was trying to say, so like.... just don't be such salty ********, and don't be such snowflakes, and do be more teamy. (if you are looking at your choices and 11 other people are like "DUDE?!" that's not teamy, team mode, for teams, with teamwork... team...)

#10 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

View PostB0oN, on 19 February 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

Kaukas, ye know what would be a truly positive note ?
... when (or listen to people that make legit suggestions, like I know ASH to do : If that man wants you inna light mech first wave he WILL tell you).

View PosttheUgly, on 19 February 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

Kaukas , you know better then to drop light on the first wave...
however ,, you my bro for backing my stupid a$$ on taking 2v4 assaults without stepping back last night.

So you two after burring the hatchet maybe will make a nice team together.

:redacted:

#11 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 19 February 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

:redacted:

Thats too polite and not slavic.

And where is the kenguru humper .. and had to be done by winter.

Thank you for the effort though ,, have a good evening ... german ??

)

#12 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PosttheUgly, on 19 February 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Thats too polite and not slavic.

And where is the kenguru humper .. and had to be done by winter.

Thank you for the effort though ,, have a good evening ... german ??

)

What had to be done by who? I didn't defend the Aussie I informed the scrub to stop being a scrub. Find a better translator bud.

#13 SimpleUkyo

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

So to sum this up

View PostKaukas, on 18 February 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

its funny u started this topic - something strange happening to faction warfare , so much anger and aggresion , today player "justcallme A S H " started insulting people because he didnt like what mech they took into dropdeck ,i muted him and thought thats where its gona end but next match he shot my back ;) and legged me and i needed to ejeckt and take other mech.

Kaukas brought light 1st wave

Ash shot kaukas at the back and legging him

Kaukas ejected

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 18 February 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Exactly.

3 waves of trying to TEAM KILL me because I suggested that a light mech on the first wave (3 games in a row) was a bad idea.

Get a grip Kaukas. Stop sabotaging everyone's experience in a negative fashion because you want to play YOUR WAY in a TEAM BASED mode.

Kaukas tk ash 3x in a row?

Edited by Inosuke Hashibara, 19 February 2020 - 06:27 PM.

#14 SimpleUkyo

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:03 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 February 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

ban me? lol. I'm one of the biggest carry-players left playing. You'd lose even more if it wasn't for played like us.

No one gives you the right to leg someone if you don’t like what he does, there’s no valid excuse for starting all this hate.

I think even though when you’re not playing because the amount of toxicity being thrown to the new players and average players, a lot more would be staying to play.

I laugh when you say you’re “carrying pugs” but cries when looses and blames pugs for being unskilled when we all know what to expect when you’re dropping solo or not a full man team.

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:32 AM

First of all? WTF is a new player?

#16 SimpleUkyo

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:56 AM

Really?

#17 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:16 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 20 February 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

First of all? WTF is a new player?

There are cadets with trial mechs running amok in FP these days

#18 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 February 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

ban me? lol. I'm one of the biggest carry-players left playing. You'd lose even more if it wasn't for played like us.

You are the type of player that needs a banning The low-skill nut job who attempts to team kill someone just because they tell you that you are not playing as a member of a team, in a team mode, by doing you "own" thing.

Who wants to play with those types? The funniest part - you even failed at team killing me. That was the best part. Can't even do that right.

Ash, I've got a simple question for you. Maybe you will answer but I doubt it. Did you shoot Kaukaz in the back and legged him JUST BECAUSE he took light for the first wave?

#19 SimpleUkyo

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 20 February 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

There are cadets with trial mechs running amok in FP these days

MWO always get new players but most don’t stick around.

#20 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

View PostInosuke Hashibara, on 20 February 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

MWO always get new players but most don’t stick around.

Yeah, this is an old, unfinished game with an insane learning curve, and a serious grind even if you spend money. If I just started today I wouldn't stick around either

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users