Returning Old-Timer Is Looking For A Unit/team

12 replies to this topic

#1 Major Spieler

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationIn the middle of nowhere

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

Greetings, gents!

I'm coming back to the game after a long, long period of absence – I stopped playing right after the devs implemented the skill tree. That makes it what, a few years now?

Anyway, I'm looking for a new unit. I'd like to join one with some compplay ambition, one that would want to kick at least some butt in another war on the map of the Sphere.
I generally prefer heavy to assault Mechs with long or extremely close-range weaponry (essentially, the closer my config to 'one shot, one kill' the better) and, occasionally, missile platforms for some indirect action (hey, we all have our downsides, don't we? Posted Image ). I can be online daily, anytime from ~9AM to ~8PM EST, except Sundays (can be online ~4PM to ~8PM then). The unit may be either Sphere or Clan-aligned, doesn't matter.

Would any good unit accept a returning player who, after a bit of re-training, will become a decent addition to its force?

#2 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

Sorry to dissapoint you, but MWO development is pretty much dead since MW5 came out, now it's just milking cow for MW5 development. Playerbase for MWO is down a lot, so hard to find any really active unit.
I pop in every now and then to check the news, but there were no new patches released since October last year.
It's a real shame it came to this since MWO still have a lot of room for improvement and further development.

#3 Biffa Buttocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWiltshire England

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:08 AM

Hasn't really moved on tbh Major, after 8 years they still haven't come up with a way where you can reliably drop and be in a team with your friends unless it's in a live game in FP, reason why I left the game years ago...

#4 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:18 PM

View PostBiffa Buttocks, on 09 March 2020 - 02:08 AM, said:

Hasn't really moved on tbh Major, after 8 years they still haven't come up with a way where you can reliably drop and be in a team with your friends unless it's in a live game in FP, reason why I left the game years ago...

I call bulls***.
Group queue worked fine until about a Year ago. After that player base dwindled and most players who still played changed to solo Q because of long queue times.

#5 Major Spieler

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

View PostBrakkar, on 08 March 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

Sorry to dissapoint you, but MWO development is pretty much dead since MW5 came out, now it's just milking cow for MW5 development. Playerbase for MWO is down a lot, so hard to find any really active unit.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that already Posted Image That's actually too bad 'cause, even with population so low, I like the game again, and would love to stay for a while...

View PostBrakkar, on 08 March 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

I pop in every now and then to check the news, but there were no new patches released since October last year.
It's a real shame it came to this since MWO still have a lot of room for improvement and further development.

Well, TBH, that was the Fishes' initial plan IRRC - to make some money for MW5 development, and then move on from MWO to MW5. I kinda hoped they won't follow this plan. Especially considering the fact that MW5 is such an underdeveloped mess.

View PostCurccu, on 10 March 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

I call bulls***.
Group queue worked fine until about a Year ago.

Well, that period I have missed Posted Image

View PostCurccu, on 10 March 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

After that player base dwindled and most players who still played changed to solo Q because of long queue times.

Posted Image Doesn't this suck...

Anyway, still hoping to see some unit's representative saying "Hey Major, we have a place for you!" Posted Image

#6 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

View PostMajor Spieler, on 11 March 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Posted Image Doesn't this suck...

It does, that is one of the main reasons I quit playing this game. Maybe MWO2? Most likely not...

#7 Major Spieler

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

View PostCurccu, on 13 March 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

It does, that is one of the main reasons I quit playing this game. Maybe MWO2? Most likely not...

I'd say "Maybe a PvP add-on for MW5?". This seems more likely, and... well, not so bad in theory.

#8 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 117 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 19 December 2020 - 02:02 AM

still looking?

#9 SlightlyNoobish

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 December 2020 - 10:03 AM

I am still lookin ;)

#10 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

I'm pretty much just like you, I left the game right before the skill trees were implemented and just came back a couple weeks ago. Looking for a pile of people to shack up with for fun.

#11 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 117 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:40 AM

Well I started a unit, and I try to play daily
just get in touch and we can build from scratch
well not quite scratch
Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...uitment-thread/
cheers ☼7

#12 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:45 PM

looking for an active clan to join, preferably EU based.

Edited by zer0imh, 05 March 2021 - 02:14 PM.

#13 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:29 PM

Those that still want it mat have a place over with us at CSPS (ComStar Postal Service), we play Both sides and were heavy into faction play but now we are looking into building out our comp-team, (we Did ok the last few comps, though we lost some people to better teams, like #1&2 of the last Comp) possibly even recruit enough to field 2 teams Depending on the format (6v6 is easier to fill out 2 teams than 8v8).

We are split EU and US and our US players tend to be on the right side for EU players so the time difference isnt Totally crazy (would love to have EU and US team though)

Drop me a Line if interested and ill also reach out to some of you here, when im at my pc instead of the phone and have access to our discord link

Edited by quantaca, 17 March 2021 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users