#1 fjellfras

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBehind you ...

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:54 PM

Hello folks,
can anyone explain to a casual player why there is a countdown timer?

I personally think it would be best for all participants to have that timer removed and start a FP match once there are enough players in the queue.

The priority queue itself should removed as well (does this even exist? doesn't feel like it ...) and the players in queue should be sorted by how long they are in the queue.

This is completely contrary to what humble posted (hey humble Posted Image) here:
https://mwomercs.com...o-3035-minutes/
But funnily enough it's the same nonetheless. just faster

A bit of background why I opened up this thread:
Got stomped by a group several times in a row until I noticed something. The enemy faction (let's call em Clan Wolf for some reason) had their player number jumping down by ten very shortly before the end of the countdown and jumping up by ten very shortly after the start of a new countdown ... for quite a few times. Funny enough this happened with my faction (let's call these Smoke Jaguars) as well, but with a number of twelve.

What the hell? Large groups of Clan Wolf and Clan Smoke Jaguar avoiding each other like cowards and stomping single players is in my opinion nothing else than griefing. How can this be solved? Limit or even prohibit groups in FP? Dunno, i do not like prohibitions, which brings me back to my first question and maybe, just maybe a good solution for everyone ...

Cheers, have a nice one.
fjellfras

P.S.: thinking about it as I write this garbage ... the player count display should have a delay of about ten seconds as well to avoid the same behaviour just by looking at the numbers ...

P.S.S.: yay, first post Posted Image

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

The timer's just there to show when the FP-MM tries to build a game. There is no priority queue afaik.

As to groups avoiding others, well, the very same feature enables groups or players in general to balance the queues. Nothing is gained when players are sitting at 120/11 and no match is started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users