Jagermech Builds And Skills

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

I need help with my Jagermechs: despite some advice I bought the Jagermech bundle on sale even though I already had the firebrand and now I own all current variants. I know I had previously Mastered the Firebrand and enjoyed using it. I do best playing as I like to call mid to long range direct fire support. So how would I go about loading out and skilling my Firebrand and my other Jagers for that matter? I have no specific preference for ballistics over lasers or lasers over ballistics.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:48 PM

JM6-DD can do 5xAC2, 6xAC2, 3xUAC5 or 2xUAC10. Or, I guess, 2xUAC20 but that's a silly meme build IMO.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:05 AM

In general u are doing it in the wrong sequence. You should think about a loadout/ role u want to take and then look for the mech with good symetry, quirks etc. to fill this role. Most of the time only 1-2 chassis of a line are ok (not good but ok). The rest is trash tier and u will struggle to find a good load out. Now that u got load out x u should build to the quirks.

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/
Gives u the tools to sort by quirks, slot etc.

https://grimmechs.isengrim.org/
A list with actual meta load outs.

In general dont mix ranges to hard, same with face time.
Turn down mouse sense to 0,1 with 1000 dpi or near and make use of arm lock and minimap dlc

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 04 March 2020 - 03:24 AM.

#4 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

JM6-S-Faith

A classic and solid build.

Whilst it excels at surpression don't be afraid to get in someone's face if they're isolated, it has raw DPS and great sustain.

Just remember, when it comes to Jagers, don't twist! Their arms are soft, squishy and delicious.

#5 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:11 PM

On the DD I have a lot of luck with 4x AC2 and 2x LPPC xl250 couple dubs and a bunch of ammo.

A11:20>1|Dd|bO|EOph0|G@|i^qh0|G@|i^rX0|j?|j?sX0|j?|j?tP0|EO|EOul0|EO|EOv>0w604040

Its good at any range but really lives for peeking hills at 850m (range quirks in skills will get you out to 870 ish on the AC2s)

Edited by Johny Rocket, 18 October 2021 - 06:14 PM.

#6 caligula jones

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 04:19 PM

i built this to take advantage of the silly cooldown, range and velocity and (most important) ammo buff quirks! you get +23 ammo, which equates to a free ton. Posted Image

dual AC-10/4x ML/300XL Jagerboom

skills are: aa85ad35a36da7457924bdff7ce207420405a0000200000500f57c420201c
cooldown/heatgen (all but 1 node)
velocity/ammo max

armor/skeletal (all but 1 node)
casing (all but 2)

speed tweak (all)

gyros (1)

seismic (1)
radar dep (all but 1)

double coolshot w/all the fixins'

this thing is fun, fast, reasonable heat management and if you stagger your AC-10 shots, you can fire roughly one every half second, which gives you time to correct your lead as the next round loads. you can switch flanks and get out of trouble quickly... if you need some face time, it'll do ok but it's not really meant for trading.

with skills, the AC-10 cooldown is 1.66sec! XD

i put this together today and am really surprised that a potato like me can do consistently well w/this build!

Edited by caligula jones, 03 August 2022 - 04:21 PM.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 10:12 PM

View Postcaligula jones, on 03 August 2022 - 04:19 PM, said:

i built this to take advantage of the silly cooldown, range and velocity and (most important) ammo buff quirks! you get +23 ammo, which equates to a free ton. Posted Image

dual AC-10/4x ML/300XL Jagerboom

Have you tried "Firebrand"? It offers more energy hardpoints, some of them in arms.

#8 caligula jones

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 02:45 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 August 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

Have you tried "Firebrand"? It offers more energy hardpoints, some of them in arms.

yeah, i looked at it but the amount of protection and mobility you need to sacrifice, plus managing all of that extra head isn't worth the price for two more ML imo.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:07 PM

View Postcaligula jones, on 04 August 2022 - 02:45 PM, said:

yeah, i looked at it but the amount of protection and mobility you need to sacrifice, plus managing all of that extra head isn't worth the price for two more ML imo.

Your choice, of course.

I mentioned "Firebrand" because many JagerMech fans like this 'Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users