About Clan Puls Lasers

145 replies to this topic

#121 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:41 AM

snPPC and cLPL aren't really comparable in any way. Snub nose are usually run paired as the sole weapons on a light or medium. cLPL are usually run with cERML in big-alpha laser vomit on heavies. Almost no one runs snPPC unless in a chassis with good quirks. Few people run cLPL anymore because of HLL.

Snub nose definitely needs lower heat. It's a brawling weapon that's useless unless you bring lots of DHS, which is pretty hard to do in a light.

#122 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:49 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 23 March 2020 - 05:30 AM, said:

Try and curb your elitism and learn the meaning of "bottom half" while you're at it

Having a clue while someone else doesn't isn't elitism. So if I were you, I'd crub your ignorance first. Unless of course you are unaware of what that word means.

As for "bottom half", your W/L, the only stat that matters, is sub 1.0, which is indeed, for all intents and purposes, a bottom half.

With regards to pinpoint, Lasers are pinpoint ...

No.

.. all their damage goes exactly where you are aiming.

And again, following this stupid notion, LBXs, SRMs, MRMs are also pinpoint.

4-5 SnPPC that's 24+ tons of weapons vs. 12 for MPLs. I'm assuming you meant LPL since there's a comparable tonnage. As much as I want a Quad PPC IS 'Mech the tonnage required is rather restricting.

I've meant exactly what I've written. Why are you trying to pretend to understand something when you can't even follow a simple conversation?

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 23 March 2020 - 06:16 AM, said:

I think he means IS MPLs 'cause they rock compared to most laser vomit that IS can throw out in a brawling situation, i.e., ~250m range and under. My 9 MPLs Black Knight running an XL360 can move at 83 kph and dish out so much damage and so quickly that it's evil.

^^ This guy, he somehow gets it. Because it seems that unlike you he understands weapons, builds and current balance. Me and him, we talk on the same language and can discuss things. You can't, coz you don't have a clue. So do us a favor and stop your silly nonesnsical comparison of two entirely different weapons based on select few stats and redefining words.

#123 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:18 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

Having a clue while someone else doesn't isn't elitism. So if I were you, I'd crub your ignorance first. Unless of course you are unaware of what that word means.

As for "bottom half", your W/L, the only stat that matters, is sub 1.0, which is indeed, for all intents and purposes, a bottom half.

Please try and keep on point instead of trying to stat shame people.

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

I've meant exactly what I've written. Why are you trying to pretend to understand something when you can't even follow a simple conversation?

What I posted:

4-5 SnPPC that's 24+ tons of weapons vs. 12 for MPLs. I'm assuming you meant LPL since there's a comparable tonnage. As much as I want a Quad PPC IS 'Mech the tonnage required is rather restricting.

My confusion with your "fix" was one of tonnage, you are suggesting it would be viable to use 24 tons of weapons in place of 12. Which would lead to some rather interesting Crab builds; And even Frags Black Knight would have to shave 5 tons. If you could post a couple of builds illustrating how you think 4-5 SnPPC's would look on these 'mechs it would be appreciated.

#124 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:31 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 04:18 AM, said:

Please try and keep on point instead of trying to stat shame people.

The only one who is shaming you is you.

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 04:18 AM, said:

My confusion with your "fix" was one of tonnage, you are suggesting it would be viable to use 24 tons of weapons in place of 12. Which would lead to some rather interesting Crab builds; And even Frags Black Knight would have to shave 5 tons. If you could post a couple of builds illustrating how you think 4-5 SnPPC's would look on these 'mechs it would be appreciated.

Your "confusion", aka total and utter ignorace, seems to still be present. The only thing I have suggested is a change to the ghost heat trigger amount for SnubPPCs. Whatever else you in your head think I have suggested reamins exactly that - your delusions. And before you continue nagging at me with some sort of supposed delusional "point", I would advise to note that not once in any of my comments here have I used words "Crab" or "Black Knight". Nor would I bother explaining what mechs actually can benefit from my suggestion, because as you've clearly displayed here already, it'll once again go way over your head.

You can stop reading here. For those who do have a clue, words hardpoint starvation should be enough.

#125 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:43 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

Your "confusion", aka total and utter ignorace, seems to still be present. The only thing I have suggested is a change to the ghost heat trigger amount for SnubPPCs. Whatever else you in your head think I have suggested reamins exactly that - your delusions.

Maybe I misunderstood when you said this.

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 23 March 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

The only thing I would change in terms of "balance" is remove SnubPPC from the shared ghost heat group and incrase their ghost trigger limit to 4-5. That would definitely create a new class of energy-oriented brawlers not relying on IS MPLs

Could you post some of these 5 Snub builds so I can get a clearer image of what sort of builds you have pictured in your head.

#126 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:47 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 04:43 AM, said:

Could you post some of these 5 Snub builds so I can get a clearer image of what sort of builds you have pictured in your head.

Would a university lector educate a kindergardener?

Neither would I.

I've explained what I've meant already, and as I've said it went way over your head. Again. If someone would take pity on you, again, and explain things to you, again, then you'll be in luck. Maybe.

#127 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:03 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

I've explained what I've meant already, and as I've said it went way over your head.

No you haven't. You've said we should be able to mount 5 SnPPC's on a 'mech without incurring a HSL penalty. I asked you to post a build with 5 SnPPCs.

Now you're avoiding the question you beckoned.

#128 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:06 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 05:03 AM, said:

No you haven't. You've said we should be able to mount 5 SnPPC's on a 'mech without incurring a HSL penalty. I asked you to post a build with 5 SnPPCs.

If you must be spoon-fed as usual...

BL-6B-KNT

AWS-8Q

And that is what he meant by educating a kindergarten attendee with a Uni lecturer. In this instance I'd go with a early learning centre and an Astrophysicist.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 24 March 2020 - 06:07 AM.

#129 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 March 2020 - 06:06 AM, said:

If you must be spoon-fed as usual...

BL-6B-KNT

AWS-8Q

Thank you for stepping up where he backed down.

#130 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:00 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 March 2020 - 06:06 AM, said:

And that is what he meant by educating a kindergarten attendee with a Uni lecturer. In this instance I'd go with a early learning centre and an Astrophysicist.

Funny you chose to say astrophysicist ... lol

If I'm honest in terms of Snubs I had one particular mech in mind ever since they came out, that is Centurion-AL.

But then again, the list is limitless, starting from BJ and Vindicator range and all the way to Boars Head. Enforcers, Hunchbacks, Uziels, Bushwackers, Griffins, Dragons, Thunderbolts, the list goes on and on. And keeping in mind a nice synergy between a Snub and an AC20 or even AC10, some of the heavier energy-mostly mechs suddenly become truly scary brawlers - Atlases, Banshees, Cyclopses, Victors etc. Scary because they don't have to rely on SRMs and don't have to get inside that in-the-face range, and can instead send you a 50-60 PINPOINT damage from 300-400m into whatever they choose much like dual HGR builds. And that is pinpoint-pinpoint, not Bruinwald-pinpoint.

Remember when people thought 60 pinpoint from a PPC-Stalker was scary? Pepperidge farm remembers.

#131 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:06 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 05:03 AM, said:

I'm generous. Here, have eight. Now go cry in a corner.

#132 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:55 AM

lol

#133 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:22 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

I'm generous. Here, have eight. Now go cry in a corner.

You got anything smaller? I was thinking something in a medium? Or do we only balance for Heavy/Assault pilots now?

Lights OP.

#134 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

This is like the "armor sharing" thread all over again, just with Proto substituted out for someone else.

#135 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 24 March 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

You got anything smaller? I was thinking something in a medium? Or do we only balance for Heavy/Assault pilots now?

Lights OP.

And why exactly do I need a medium? Have I ever said anything about a medium or any other class for that matter? No. Again, whatever silly delusions you have in your head isn't my problem.

You can quite frankly dodge, talk about your delusions and ask silly irrelevant questions all you want. Just don't expect anyone to take your clownery seriously. You've proven time and again that you are simply unable to comprehend a simple point, which somehow several other people are easily understanding without a friendly neighbor dumbing it down for them.

But hey, you are of course free to carry on all you want. Might as well compare cLBX10 and RAC5 next, picking whatever select few stats serves your agenda, while trying to prove how "pinpoint" RAC5s are at the process.

Oh and btw ... still waiting to see that T1 badge. Till then, every single thing you say I shall consider to be utter lies and garbage.

#136 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:55 PM

At least this time vonbruinwald got a point. Lasers are pinpoint, but not pinpoint front loaded.

Not that it matters or is important for the discussion. But rare enough to be noticed.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 24 March 2020 - 12:55 PM.

#137 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 24 March 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

At least this time vonbruinwald got a point. Lasers are pinpoint, but not pinpoint front loaded.

Not that it matters or is important for the discussion. But rare enough to be noticed.

And again, following the same "logic" SRMs, MRMs and LBXs are "pinpoint" too.

#138 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

Snub-Nose PPC need heat efficiency buff and maybe shotgun archetype. <<( extracting from BattleTech )

Light PPC need heat efficiency and velocity buff.

Rac5's need spin-up and velocity buff. (Rac's need less blinding)

Clan need direct fire missile velocity buff

Laser AMS needs slight heat efficiency buff

Computers need to give more crit chance.

Clan XL and IS light engines need to dump heat when side torso loss.

Assault chassis need higher default heat pool. (5-10%)

Heatbug needs fixing.
Hidden RNG needs removing.
Improved Thermal and Night Vision filters.
Partial or full building destruction.
Smoke/Chalff based artillery option. (blinds thermal and locks)

Short range AC's with lighter tonnage & slower velocity introduced.

Procedurally generated maps and a new game engine. Mech selection after map biome locked in.
It would promote team tactics instead of braindead rotation muscle memory. Scouting,information war, making use of never seen before ambush points and mech selection that isn't broken by the map before the match even begins not to mention eliminating map fatigue (Alt F4) players.

If they want to move some mechs to tanks give them a damage mitigation property from the front arch's. Not more hit points alone. Especially on dreadful hit-box's. The tech tree could be converted to this along with intrinsic values on bad hit-box's.

Currently a light can mitigate more damage then an assault. This can be proven by having an entire enemy team shoot at a single light and or an assault running at full speed and see which one survives the longest. Who is more durable? the target you can't miss or the target you can't even hit.
Assaults are glass cannons in this game and lights fulfill damage mitigation in the current model, it's probably too hard basket or fine as it is but a common misnomer when people ask for armor sharing, hard cover has infinite armor.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 24 March 2020 - 02:42 PM.

#139 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:45 PM

^^ Oh great. Potatoe stories from another thread is here now that he's given tail in there ... lol

#140 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 March 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Oh and btw ... still waiting to see that T1 badge. Till then, every single thing you say I shall consider to be utter lies and garbage.

And what is it you are offering me in return?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users