Best Fw Primers

22 replies to this topic

#1 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

Just what it says. There are a lot of YouTubers and streamers out there.

In your opinion who are the best three?

From mech selection to teams and tactics, who gives new players the best introduction to Faction Warfare?

#2 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

Youndude, JustcallmeASH imo best two and I would say most FP streamers more or less know what they are doing as long as you constantly see them pulling 2k+ damage games

Mechs (rule of thumb always load up on Assaults/Heavies on first 3 drops, 20t/mayyybe 25t last wave)
IS: 2xStalkers FB with ECM and 5xERLLs is must for cold open maps, 2xWHM-6D on 2xUAC10+2xLPPC are my most consistent mechs formid range maps, Sleipnir is best hero to pick run on 4xLBX10, pick a 7xSPL Flea with MASC to finish decks.
Clans: 4xERLL Hellbringers on cold maps (ideally get Virago hero), 2xBlood Asp A with JJ and ECM CT are go to for mid range with either 3xUAC5+UAC10 or 2xUAC10+UAC20 for more close range punch, usually mirco/small pulse laser PIR-3 for last drop.
Useful website: https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database

Units: none, I would rather suggest sticking to streamer groups at this point and ask them directly you probably will get invited somewhere in a process of that anyway.

Tactics: you see white map? 3xERLL or cERPPC mechs with a Flea/PIR at the end, literally anything else is either mid range dakka/dakka+ppcs/laservomit/gaussvomit 3xAsault/Heavies+Flea/PIR or 2xAssaults+Medium+Flea/PIR

P.S. And I guess you can check my old list. It’s somewhat outdated but still quite useful and I probably will update FP tab soontm when I’m in mood: https://docs.google....h2dYf87RbhXh_gI

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 03 March 2020 - 01:48 PM.

#3 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

Yondu, ASH, mcgoat when they play, just try to ignore the sodium and the shittalk as there will be plenty

Also worth mentioning: dionnsai, aivazovsky

If you want to look at some sort of organized non completely dumb unit play basically the only group that still does it and streams is CSPS. Sometimes you will be lucky enough to see an RJF group streaming, but not often.

#4 AizakG

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

If we're talking 3 exactly:

JustcallmeASH teaches what you have to know and introduces you to the "try-hard" community.
Lurm_God shows you how to take a position, and fight from long-range, getting lots of damage.
Sir_Wreckless shows you aggressiveness, putting down serious damage regardless of how the match goes.

The variance between these threes' playstyles in particular will help tremendously.

Also, you mentioned 'teams,' which I think is a little odd. JustcallmeASH, Lurm_God, and Sir_Wreckless's teams are the top 2 and cannot be simply joined without seriously proving yourself. But most of the skilled FP players group with anyone regardless of what team they're on, often mixing together. Although units such as evil, bcmc, csps, wka, mj12, (as well as loads of streamer discords) can be a hub for groups to start up in, all you have to do is ask for access to their discords/teamspeaks to group with them regularly, regardless of if you officially join their team. I would actually highly dissuade you from associating with any 'team' that forces you to play with unit members selectively, blocking off outside knowledge and ideas.

#5 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

"Teams" was used carelessly in my original post, it was about people showing how they organize a drop/team/herd of cats, not what teams are "best" or how to get on an existing team.

Many thanks for the information.

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

View PostNearly Dead, on 03 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

"Teams" was used carelessly in my original post, it was about people showing how they organize a drop/team/herd of cats, not what teams are "best" or how to get on an existing team.

Many thanks for the information.

Same set of people apply, since they win by herding cats, and literally dragging the entire bag of cats uphill.

#7 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:24 PM

Why waste time watching someone else play, when you could be, you know, playing? Best way to learn is by doing.

#8 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:57 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 03 March 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

Why waste time watching someone else play, when you could be, you know, playing? Best way to learn is by doing.

Why not do both? It's not like MWO lacks for downtime.

#9 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:58 PM

Try applying that to operating tank IRL in combat environment without any knowledge of how it works and how it operates in combined arms.

#10 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:04 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 03 March 2020 - 08:58 PM, said:

Try applying that to operating tank IRL in combat environment without any knowledge of how it works and how it operates in combined arms.

Posted Image

#11 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:34 PM

Doesn't work that way, because at some point you hit a wall, and there's many players that simply don't know what they don't know, until they watch someone else play.

I would not be a top 99% player and 2x World Champion now if I didn't watch Heimdelight and Proton stream back in 2014, and realize that I was pretty potato and there's so much I didn't understand about the game at that time.

Edited by Vxheous, 03 March 2020 - 09:36 PM.

#12 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

I won't claim to be "top 3" but I stream FW more regularly than any other streamer (most major streamers seem to prefer QP), at least during my peak hours.

Our groups are generally open to anyone who is willing to listen, although we prefer it if you join our comms while playing.
My in game friends list is really a curated "competent pilot invite list" than a friends list, so you can be guaranteed that most of the people on your team know the front end of their mech from the back and can work the W key properly.

For anyone interested in getting into faction warfare:

CSPS Discord:
https://discord.gg/yzc9Gtc

My Twitch Stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/dionnsai

I would also encourage the other active FP units, get a competent pilot with a little personality (preferably an officer with a 90%+ on Jarls and a thick skin) and have them start streaming your FP matches regularly. Don't worry about delay, yeah there are a few tools out there who stream-snipe, but the benefits to the game-mode and your unit far outweigh any of the costs.

Edited by Dionnsai, 04 March 2020 - 12:05 PM.

#13 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:03 PM

View PostKaukas, on 03 March 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

hi , watching primostrimo on twitch

dont like that he swears alot but the quality of gameplay is very good , what i like about that streamer - that he shows how one lance can have impact on whole match in pugdrops.

More than 50% of the time the "impact" is at the expense of their team...

#14 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

Have you lost vs fait lance plus pugs while in your 12 man ?

#15 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

View PosttheUgly, on 04 March 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Have you lost vs fait lance plus pugs while in your 12 man ?

only to cheese dunk on assault and such

#16 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:03 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 04 March 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

only to cheese dunk on assault and such

Sim to what so many 12 man do to pugs but they did it to you with pugs?

They are 4 man , not a 12 man yet.

#17 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

I tried to find what hodor means.

Description said it is a made up word that means everything
something like 8 year old would made up in order to sound cute and sh@t.

Well that its what it sounded to me.

#18 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

So I know I'm gonna regret asking this but;

Hodor or "hold the door" from GoT is used to reference HHoD how? I read all these posts about gen rushing and and stuff and I'm trying to associate it with holding a position until death but maybe I'm trying too hard and it's not supposed to be that literal?

Anyway, get on my nerd level *******; ya'll are gonna have to find a streamer who can teach you to be pedantic and **** as **** like me.

#19 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostKaukas, on 05 March 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

hi all, i see not many like how primo and his unitfriends work , i think they just adapted to current times in factionwarfare

So, does intentionally throwing your mechs and have your friends do the same only because you got some guys that you don't like on your team, all in order to gimp the match for them count as "adapting to the current state of FP" as well?

#20 Mechi Messer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:37 AM

ash behaves like an utter ******* sometimes (no offense) but he doesn't play like one. that's a difference. You can't mute prickish play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users