142 replies to this topic

#21 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:04 PM

Good prizes, always a favorite event. Look forward to this every year (and I'm not even Irish... I'm a Canuck Uke Posted Image ).

#22 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:13 PM

Out of curiousity, is the Loyalty program still a thing. I think its not, but maybe I'm wrong?

Because I really like the (L) patterns ^_^

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:31 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 March 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

do you mean just an MC Hero Mech sale or Dropship deals with hero mechs?

I wouldn't mind this sale next month. I'm buying the Veagle Collector's Pack 'cause of the sale Posted Image Would you consider doing a IS and Clan mixed Dropship sale, i.e., just distinguish between weight class and not the tech?

#24 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:54 PM

So if I read that right, there's 14 days to get 75000 match score. So, on average, 5357 per day. That's quite a lot of playing. Heaven forbid you miss a day.

#25 NeroWolfe

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 04 March 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

So if I read that right, there's 14 days to get 75000 match score. So, on average, 5357 per day. That's quite a lot of playing. Heaven forbid you miss a day.

50,000 would probably be a better target. 75,000 is a lot for us mere mortals.

#26 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

Ahh lootbag event . How i missed you .

#27 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 04 March 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

While it might be feasible to reduce the overall requirement of the Match Score, the reward could include the actual "L" variants of the mechs currently on offer instead of regular ones. Even getting an avg of 250 MS, which is the overall average as shown in Jarl's List, we'd need to play 300 matches to get it. So, just getting regular mechs as a reward isn't that big of an incentive, I think.

EDIT :- Instead of reducing the requirements and stuff, maybe increasing the number of days from 14 to 28 might be better? That way, we can have the event running for the entire month and we needn't cram in all of the games and get burned out by it within the 14 day period.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 04 March 2020 - 10:34 PM.

#28 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:53 PM

Will we have a new mech? The Capellan civil wars has a lot of good mechs.

#29 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:02 PM

View PostCH4CH, on 04 March 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

Will we have a new mech? The Capellan civil wars has a lot of good mechs.

There aren't any new mechs being made for now. I believe the devs are busy with a new DLC for MW5.

#30 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:09 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 04 March 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

So, just getting regular mechs as a reward isn't that big of an incentive, I think.

There is no pressure to score all the lootbags because of that semi grand prize . That makes this a very relaxing event .

I like relaxing events .

#31 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:34 AM

@Matt Newman
Just to test my understanding. If I buy 2 Mech Packs I will only get 25 Loot Bag Reedems? - Right?!

#32 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:27 AM

If the grand prize is a mech which I can buy via c-bills, fine. As one of the 250 match score players, I won't be able to play 300 matches in two weeks anyway. Especially not when I have to learn stuff for my education.
But the loot bags are really nice, as usual. Thank you! :)

tha

#33 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:03 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 05 March 2020 - 12:34 AM, said:

@Matt Newman
Just to test my understanding. If I buy 2 Mech Packs I will only get 25 Loot Bag Reedems? - Right?!

Only the GSP bundle is unlimited. The Mech Packs will yield you only 25 Loot Bags.

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 05 March 2020 - 01:27 AM, said:

If the grand prize is a mech which I can buy via c-bills, fine. As one of the 250 match score players, I won't be able to play 300 matches in two weeks anyway. Especially not when I have to learn stuff for my education.
But the loot bags are really nice, as usual. Thank you! Posted Image

tha

The event could be stretched to last the whole of March instead of just two weeks. It would prevent a lot of frustration 'cause let's face it, when it's an event, the matches get really bad.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:48 AM

View PostBolo Atari, on 04 March 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Out of curiousity, is the Loyalty program still a thing. I think its not, but maybe I'm wrong?

Because I really like the (L) patterns Posted Image

not as it was, last time the just let us pick previous years loyalty mechs. needless to say i didnt buy anything that year.

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 04 March 2020 - 11:02 PM, said:

There aren't any new mechs being made for now. I believe the devs are busy with a new DLC for MW5.

and by that he means porting over stuff we already have in mwo.

#35 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

@Matt Newman Just to test my understanding. If I buy 2 Mech Packs I will only get 25 Loot Bag Reedems? - Right?!

Correct - First Mech Pack Purchase only.

you could simply buy one the cheapest individual Hero Mech from https://mwomercs.com/resistance-heroes or https://mwomercs.com/clan-iic-heroes or https://mwomercs.com/clan-heroes-two or https://mwomercs.com/clan-heroes or a 10 / 15 dollar hero upgrade if you already own a standard pack of a particular mech

That would be the cheapest option.

#36 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 04 March 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hey, Matt, are the loot prize mechs the loyalty/specialty variants? Or the regular variants? That'd be so sweet if it was another opportunity to get the special version. Been looking forward to the Lucky Charms event. :)

These are the Standard Variants and include a Mech Bay
you will find them in the reinforcements section of the gift store - https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 05 March 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Only the GSP bundle is unlimited. The Mech Packs will yield you only 25 Loot Bags. The event could be stretched to last the whole of March instead of just two weeks. It would prevent a lot of frustration 'cause let's face it, when it's an event, the matches get really bad.

Appreciate the feedback - Event and sale has been given 5 additional days to extend it over 3 weekends.

View PostCoffeeghoul, on 05 March 2020 - 01:27 AM, said:

If the grand prize is a mech which I can buy via c-bills, fine. As one of the 250 match score players, I won't be able to play 300 matches in two weeks anyway. Especially not when I have to learn stuff for my education. But the loot bags are really nice, as usual. Thank you! :) tha

Event extended - hope you enjoy it!

@Matt Newman Just to test my understanding. If I buy 2 Mech Packs I will only get 25 Loot Bag Reedems? - Right?!

Yes the Mech Packs Hero packs and upgrades will only trigger the 25 bonus redeems once.

200 GSP packs (not on sale) can trigger it multiple times.

#37 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:35 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 04 March 2020 - 07:31 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind this sale next month. I'm buying the Veagle Collector's Pack 'cause of the sale Posted Image Would you consider doing a IS and Clan mixed Dropship sale, i.e., just distinguish between weight class and not the tech?

Ill consider it... Price points are a bit wonky but I'll use "MATHS"

#38 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:04 AM

500 match score & 500 Damage per bag? 300 bags needed to score a standard mech? 12 days ti complete the event???

That's a pretty steep climb in requisites for a watered down reward. The last two pick a Prize events featured MC exclusive mechs and weighed in at about half the grind. Why the sudden leap in farming and drop in reward quality?

#39 Damien Dire

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 05 March 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

500 match score & 500 Damage per bag? 300 bags needed to score a standard mech? 12 days ti complete the event???

That's a pretty steep climb in requisites for a watered down reward. The last two pick a Prize events featured MC exclusive mechs and weighed in at about half the grind. Why the sudden leap in farming and drop in reward quality?

you will get 1 for the damage and 1 for the score.

#40 Damien Dire

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

Phase 1 seems a bit much .... 2-3 qp matches per loot bag?
Phase 2 isnt much better

if the bags themselves are nice enough I'll be happy....but I dont think I am going to grind for a mech I can buy any time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users