142 replies to this topic

#61 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:49 PM

1 bag per 500 score is extremely grindy. 1 per 250-300 is the sweet spot: players need to make an effort, but good performance can reliably get them a bag per match.

It's also inconsistent with the second phase's bag per 500 damage. For those to reward equally, the score goal would have to be around 250-300 range.

#62 Acid_Rain

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

View PostHorseman, on 06 March 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

1 bag per 500 score is extremely grindy. 1 per 250-300 is the sweet spot: players need to make an effort, but good performance can reliably get them a bag per match.

Totally agree, 500 is just too grindy. Even in good games your lucky to get 500 match score. 300 would be significantly better.

#63 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:30 AM

Well you should do less nascaring maybe you'll get more than 300 score per game

#64 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:32 AM

View PostSATAN 666, on 07 March 2020 - 01:30 AM, said:

Well you should do less nascaring maybe you'll get more than 300 score per game

When a QP team plays very well, let's say a 12-0 stomp, it's unlikely everyone is going to be able to get a match score of 500 due to there being only so much armor on the enemy team before they all die. Sure, your whole team could sandblast the hell out of them with LRMs, but even with using UAVs, staying with lance, hit and runs, flanking, etc., you and your teammates can only do so much damage before the other guys die. A match score requirement of 300, 350, or even 400 is more realistic and achievable. At some point, you start hitting a diminishing return when it comes to players' abilities to earn loot bag rewards.

#65 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 07 March 2020 - 04:32 AM, said:

When a QP team plays very well, let's say a 12-0 stomp, it's unlikely everyone is going to be able to get a match score of 500

That happens may be once in 100 games, but nascar race almost in every game

#66 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:19 PM

Man, what game are playing? I have not seen a nascar in weeks. Lately it's been a scatter of people going all sorts of directions, making fire lines or blobbing.

#67 Biffa Buttocks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWiltshire England

Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

Agree with Bolo think I was there with him a few times, no nascars. Some good firing lines and some great light mech work tbh.

#68 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:21 AM

May I ask what is your tier in game?

#69 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:47 AM

Dear PGI...

500 score for 1 bag...it is too much.

I'm disappointed because we who already have a family don't have much chance of winning the grand prize.
I feel like you're starting to let go of this game. :(

Edited by Lexandro Wolf, 09 March 2020 - 01:48 AM.

#70 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

View PostBolo Atari, on 07 March 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Man, what game are playing? I have not seen a nascar in weeks. Lately it's been a scatter of people going all sorts of directions, making fire lines or blobbing.

I still see a fair amount of it. Including AFTER we spend time in the opening minute talking about a strategy that isn't NASCAR and then 2/3 of the team NASCARs anyway and the rest of us either get rolled or join the loop. Though there have been some good games of people listening and playing as a team also. If the team goes into mindless NASCAR phase I just roll with it and hope it is over quickly either way.

#71 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:42 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 09 March 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

I still see a fair amount of it. Including AFTER we spend time in the opening minute talking about a strategy that isn't NASCAR and then 2/3 of the team NASCARs anyway and the rest of us either get rolled or join the loop. Though there have been some good games of people listening and playing as a team also. If the team goes into mindless NASCAR phase I just roll with it and hope it is over quickly either way.

Very fair. Admittedly, today it happened in Polar Highlands. I called it starting when the Assaults got left behind and got trolled by a wolf pack of lights. By then, the conga line stretched over two quadrants diagonally. When someone said, "let's go back to save Charlie Lance" is when the game was over for my side. SMH :(

This was the only instance I can recall in weeks.

#72 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:38 PM

Those who experience almost no nascaring, you should wait until you are in tier 3 and higher (because nascaring is "advanced tactics" used by more experienced players) and please take an assault like annihilator or direwolf and try to play with it

Edited by SATAN 666, 09 March 2020 - 11:41 PM.

#73 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:57 PM

I think I am a mid-level player in MWO. I play better than some people, but worse than other people. Therefore, I think that my level of play is average.
I think my average is 300 points per game. Yes, sometimes I can earn 500 points per game, but sometimes I do 150 points. 75000/300 = 250.
So I need to play about 250 matches to pick up all the award bags.
One match takes an average of 17 minutes. This is almost 71 hours of pure playing time. We have 18 days to complete the event. On average, about 4 hours of play per day are obtained. I doubt that people who play MWO can afford to spend so much time playing the game.
You also need to keep in mind that for such a time in the game, a person just gets tired of the game.
I think that people who come up with tasks for events in the game are not very familiar with the realities of the game as a regular player.
I also think that for all players in the MWO it is of course important how much bonuses they can receive, but it seems to me that it is important for each player to know that he has collected ALL possible prizes. And from this he will receive satisfaction.

PGI can give us the opportunity to earn 500 bags in 18 days. Perhaps it? No, It is Immpossible. You may be able to earn 300 bags, but no one will get satisfaction from the feeling of fully completed tasks.
But, if you give people the opportunity to earn 250 bags during this time, they will earn them. And the feeling that people have earned everything that was possible will give people additional satisfaction from a job that is completely done.

I want to say thanks to the PGI for this event. But I remain of the opinion that the balance of “tasks / available time for execution” is violated. Violated even now, despite the fact that we were given extra time to complete event.

#74 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:29 AM

Voice, this season so far, you average 286 matchscore. Also, your premise is a bit off. You only need 250 lootbags total for the grand prize. The only reward in maxing out the matchscore challenge is a Triskelion warhorn. So you can technically go for 100 lootbags from matchscore and 150 bags from damage, which should be much easier to farm.
I personally think the event requirements are well balanced between play rewards and purchase rewards, because let's be honest, that's what they have to go for. So, Average-Joe can play some and Low-life-Joe can play much and both can achieve the grand prize if they want to.
One lootbag per 500 Matchscore is a steep goal, yes, but I don't feel it's overdone in the grand scheme of this event.

#75 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:33 AM

"One match takes an average of 17 minutes"

17minutes?What are you talking about?Whole match lasts only 15mins.First death will happen in most cases in less than 2 minutes after the match starts because of the impacient guys who try to score the most kills.

I dont understand all those whining, my wife is playing this game too for 4 month and even she doesnt complain about the difficluty

ANd btw, I have already reached almost half of the required 75k matchscore, im an average player playing in recently bought mech, so no armor weapon etc.

Edited by SATAN 666, 10 March 2020 - 12:37 AM.

#76 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:42 AM

You may be a (slightly below) average player, but you can obviously compensate with more play time and thus more matches, mind you.
But you are right, 17 minutes per Quickplay Match is a far stretch. Depends on server choice and time of day, of course. I heard OC is quite deserted.

#77 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:52 AM

Aidan Crenshaw, I say that it is important for a person to feel that he has completely completed all available tasks. Completing all available tasks gives a feeling of satisfaction to a person. This is one of the main thoughts that I wanted to convey.
250 bags in order to take a ordinary mech for free? Not the reward for kill so much time on the game. We can just buy an ordinary robot.
And I didn’t just write about mid-level players. I believe that for mid-level players with such a number of points in the allotted time are almost impossible task (do not forget about family, work, household chores and physical relaxation). And mid-level players in any game make up the majority of players. Thus, it turns out that the implementation of all available tasks is on the verge of being able to complete for the vast majority of players.

Regards, Your Voice.

#78 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:00 AM

SATAN 666
Do you consider the time to search for a match? Map loading time do you take into account? And do you take into account the time to enter the battle and get out of it?
The first guys die in the second minute? I am not talking about such players. I'm talking about average players who are at least five minutes in battle.
Have you made almost half of the 75,000 scores? It is very interesting how much time you spend on the game per day. I suspect that I (like most players) will not be able to devote so much time to MWO.

Upd.
By the way, there is one more nuance. I am from Siberia, Russia. Perhaps in your prime time the game finds the match quickly. There are much fewer players in my time zone than in North America and Europe. Here you have the additional loss of time for a single game.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 10 March 2020 - 01:04 AM.

#79 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

I am usually playing for couple of hours per day, on weekends couple hours more.Search time for a match not longer than 1-2 mins.

The event has been already streched to 3 weeks this is plenty of time to complete it in my opinion.

#80 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:41 AM

If only those grand prize mechs were the special/loyalty versions of them instead of standards. Just sayin... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users