Client Is F-Ed

15 replies to this topic

#1 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:49 PM

Not sure what I did to break my client but here's a list of crap that it's doing:

Can't que. Can click on it but no response. Can go to the store and switch mechs, but can't que.

Longgggggggggggg loading times. And I mean long.

If I can que, and it's dead hours, I'll get the error "Can't find match" I'll then get the first problem again, only this time, it sometimes still ques just without the loading. I'll be thrown into a game without knowing, and then slapped with a penalty for leaving.

Exiting and logging back in fools the client into thinking I'm a new player and that I must play through the tutorial to play. Skipping the tutorial brings me into a blank mech lab without trial mechs or anything to display.

Think that covers the gist of my client. Solutions tried:

Validating files. Nothing.

Redownloading the game. Nothing

Deleting all files to force a validation. Worked...Sort of. Still get all the problems.

What triggers it? Well, If I afk for a few minutes at the mech lab, it will trigger the problem, or if I'm sitting in que too long. Not sure what other solution I could try at this point, getting a little irritated.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

It is not necessarily the client itself, it is how everything else is interacting with it.

Power Options, set to High Performance
Nvidia GPU? - Power Management Mode - change from Adaptive to Max Performance

Reboot Router/modem. Make sure computer heatsinks are cleared of dust buildup and fans are running properly.

And is your ISP Suddenlink/Altice/Optimum?

And play in Full Windowed Mode and not Full Screen mode.

Reset Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 March 2020 - 04:35 PM.

#3 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:21 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 March 2020 - 04:33 PM, said:

It is not necessarily the client itself, it is how everything else is interacting with it.

Power Options, set to High Performance
Nvidia GPU? - Power Management Mode - change from Adaptive to Max Performance

- Im running a beast of a rig with updated drivers. Power management isn't the issue.

Reboot Router/modem. Make sure computer heatsinks are cleared of dust buildup and fans are running properly.

-99% positive it isn't related to my net or id be disconnected completely. Still a relatively high performance for wifi.

And is your ISP Suddenlink/Altice/Optimum?

-Comcast

And play in Full Windowed Mode and not Full Screen mode.

- Already full windowed.

Reset Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings

- I'll give this a shot but again, I'm pretty sure it's related to the game, not hardware or internet.

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

Answers provided.

I should stress my PC isn't made from the early 2000s, ran this game fine up until recently.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:19 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 05 March 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

Answers provided.

I should stress my PC isn't made from the early 2000s, ran this game fine up until recently.

And you do not play in a controlled and enclosed environment. Just on your system Windows updates, which by default also include driver updates, then other programs on the computer. Then there are all the companies your system connects, from your ISP to the world wide wide and the different server locations for MWO.

/shrugs All of the "suggestions" are general troubleshooting steps, to remove/clear up potential problem areas. Did you simply post here to just complain, or to also ask for assistance?

And so what if you have a monster of a machine? Have had players report that in the end, it was one program or another that had recently had an update that had been causing their game issues.

A issues described are primarily connectivity related. And since you are not sitting above nor next door to the set of servers.... and you do connect to at least 2 set of servers, the authentication/base servers, mechlab/store/etc then when you launch a drop you are being connected to 3 other servers, all at different locations.

Modem/router - see above.

Power Options - by default Balance puts cores and other computer components to sleep. Initial setups are for the general population, not gamers nor high power users, never mind hibernation/etc involved.

Lastly, troubleshoot using one or two different VPN.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 March 2020 - 04:22 AM.

#5 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 March 2020 - 04:19 AM, said:

And you do not play in a controlled and enclosed environment. Just on your system Windows updates, which by default also include driver updates, then other programs on the computer. Then there are all the companies your system connects, from your ISP to the world wide wide and the different server locations for MWO.

/shrugs All of the "suggestions" are general troubleshooting steps, to remove/clear up potential problem areas. Did you simply post here to just complain, or to also ask for assistance?

- Which is why I said it's my client. Not hardware, not my ISP, not my modem (Which I reset anyways to tickle your pickle), it's the game itself. You can have a unique problem with a client. Your assistance sucks though.

And so what if you have a monster of a machine? Have had players report that in the end, it was one program or another that had recently had an update that had been causing their game issues.

- Cool, if they have had the same issue, why aren't they posting solutions to it, rather than getting someone who just googles some internet troubleshooting advice that any other weeb could have looked up? Gtfo lol.

A issues described are primarily connectivity related. And since you are not sitting above nor next door to the set of servers.... and you do connect to at least 2 set of servers, the authentication/base servers, mechlab/store/etc then when you launch a drop you are being connected to 3 other servers, all at different locations.

-lolno I'll be more than happy to provide my DL/UL when I encounter this issue again, but they're not related. Every other program I was running has been connected to the internet, and no it should not affect the client since I run these same programs in the background without any ill effect until now.

Power Options - by default Balance puts cores and other computer components to sleep. Initial setups are for the general population, not gamers nor high power users, never mind hibernation/etc involved.

- Well would you look at that, my power options is defaulted to balanced and not power saving...Weeeeeird.

**** yeah, I love these passive aggressive posts from google nerds.

Answers provided again. You want to be a **** weed about it my man, you can spin on my finger and make some funny noises.

Edit - I went ahead and decided to trigger the problem for afking about 10 minutes.
Ran a quick speed test (note: well aware it shouldn't be a be all end all tool but it's more or less to prove it a point).

DL: 186.5
UL: 32.6

For those that don't know what those numbers mean, it means my internet is really good.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 06 March 2020 - 09:32 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:31 PM

/shrugs... remember, you are the who one is not able to drop consistently... but.... you would like to though, ? I will allow PGI tech support to help you out from now on....

Posted Image

Edit - Because I really do like being helpful.. and if it is not a connectivity issue/pathing, then tis time to review what programs are running, recent updates, etc which might be affecting MWO behavior.. Now that will be a loads of fun and is time consuming, especially if a clean boot does not help.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 March 2020 - 04:56 PM.

#7 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 11:53 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 06 March 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

Answers provided again. You want to be a **** weed about it my man, you can spin on my finger and make some funny noises.

Edit - I went ahead and decided to trigger the problem for afking about 10 minutes.
Ran a quick speed test (note: well aware it shouldn't be a be all end all tool but it's more or less to prove it a point).

For those that don't know what those numbers mean, it means my internet is really good.

You Sir are being an ***!! Tarl is only trying to help & you are reacting like an SJW at a Trump tea party.
Your internet can be the best in the whole universe & some games can have issues. Maybe you should use that internet speed to Google packet loss, your numbers really mean nothing except it was fast at the moment it was tested.

#8 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Sorry that I'm not going to put up with someones ******** attitude? Lol.

I'm not suffering any packet loss either, well aware of what that is too. Posted Image

#9 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

Forgot to update this since...Well, the help was garbage.

Fixed the client. Removed an old sound mod from Haven that messed with the client. Put the updated version on and it's been working beautifully since.

Gotta love it when I'm right. Posted Image

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Laugh's on you Dsh, in your OP you said you deleted all files. How's anyone supposed to guess you didn't clear outdated mod files? Quite the noob-error! Posted Image
Anyway, I'm glad you fix'd it.

#11 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

Wouldn't delete the files unless I backed it up. ;) But yar, fixed.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:53 AM

So, you messed up your own game by modding files on it, and then get upset when someone tries to help you and claim that their help was no needed because "you where right"...? Oh, and you also failed to mention any such mod in your OP so no one knew to tell you that your mods to the game may be what was messing your program up...

I'll just let that sit here. This thread kinda speaks for itself anyway...

#13 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

As I mentioned earlier, having my game run perfectly fine up until recently, I wouldn't have guessed two very old modded files I've had in my game since...2018? 2017? Its' been awhile, anyways, old files that I wouldn't have guessed would screw with my game up until this point. Regardless, it's been fixed. (Deleting the Haven sound mod file fixed it. MLG Betty stayed for anyone else that had this issue).

Second, I gave my answers, and rebuked that it was my client, not my internet or hardware, which I knew it wasn't to begin with. It wasn't until I got an asinine response that I was here complaining rather than looking for a solution from someone who just googled some very basic troubleshooting answers. So yeah, I'm an ********. I'm not going to play this stupid ****** game of whose the bigger adult. You can go screw off into the sunset if you don't like my attitude.

At the end of this thread, i'm petty as ****, I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and I dealt with quite a few of stupid people in this game, and especially on this forum. I think there's like 10% of the users on this forum with an IQ above room temp. If your opinion changes of me because of this thread, I have one very simple response:

Posted Image

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 14 March 2020 - 10:34 AM.

#14 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 14 March 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

As I mentioned earlier, having my game run perfectly fine up until recently, I wouldn't have guessed two very old modded files I've had in my game since...2018? 2017? Its' been awhile, anyways, old files that I wouldn't have guessed would screw with my game up until this point. Regardless, it's been fixed. (Deleting the Haven sound mod file fixed it. MLG Betty stayed for anyone else that had this issue).

Any modified file can cause a problem when a program updates. The older the file, the more likely it is to cause issues. When you use a modified file for a program, you always take the risk that it will cause problems within the game/program.

Second, I gave my answers, and rebuked that it was my client, not my internet or hardware, which I knew it wasn't to begin with. It wasn't until I got an asinine response that I was here complaining rather than looking for a solution from someone who just googled some very basic troubleshooting answers. So yeah, I'm an ********. I'm not going to play this stupid ****** game of whose the bigger adult. You can go screw off into the sunset if you don't like my attitude.

At the end of this thread, i'm petty as ****, I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and I dealt with quite a few of stupid people in this game, and especially on this forum. I think there's like 10% of the users on this forum with an IQ above room temp. If your opinion changes of me because of this thread, I have one very simple response:

Really? As quoted, in order of responses in this thread:

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 March 2020 - 04:19 AM, said:

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 06 March 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 March 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

/shrugs... remember, you are the who one is not able to drop consistently... but.... you would like to though, ? I will allow PGI tech support to help you out from now on....

Posted Image

Edit - Because I really do like being helpful.. and if it is not a connectivity issue/pathing, then tis time to review what programs are running, recent updates, etc which might be affecting MWO behavior.. Now that will be a loads of fun and is time consuming, especially if a clean boot does not help.

You suggested a passive aggressive post BEFORE any such post was created, while trouble shooting questions were still being posted. Please, upgrade your memory, I think you need more of it.

If your opinion changes of me because of this thread, I have one very simple response:

You didn't change my opinion of you, you just continue to confirm it with your poor behavior.

#15 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostTesunie, on 14 March 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

An auto biography I wouldn't bother reading.

Calm down there mech dad.

#16 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 14 March 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Calm down there mech dad.

Troll continues to troll. Cute. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic