#1 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:08 AM

Rac5's

I'm not sure if it's the negative side of the heat bug or not but they seem almost unusable.

Pros: limited sustained fire?

Cons: slow spin-up, too hot, slow velocity, jam if you invest your entire build iinto cooling them -in which case you do little damage compared to other options

If they ran a tad cooler and could only be fired in pairs? max- like Gauss for instance. The spin-up is painfully slow. They could have been designed as a ten pellet burst like an LB(x) pellet hose with a cool down or something. I just wish they were fun to use and not left feeling like using them is a trap or a mistake. AC & UAC10's and LB10's seem always a better option per ton & heat and point damage.

Visually maybe it would be better if the projectiles were less blinding and maybe have there own tracer colour. Like machine gun pellet size with a different colour (magenta or teal) for instance.

Wish list item: -Snub nose PPC's to gain shotgun effect like in BattleTech.

-Hammer-Head release.

(and please one day procedural generated maps for Quick Play.)

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:43 AM

you know they will ghost heat when you fire more than 2 at once, right? Just asking. I personally find them to be of limited use.

#3 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:24 PM

spot on dauntless, newish as i am used 2 rac5s in an assault and tried throu 20 odd quick games to make it work.
slow spin up,jam too quick,too hot ,slow projectile (and on a stationary fafnir you can't see for smoke...) the only thing they are good at is spoiling the targets aim and frightening them. finaly gave up in solaris city, they are useless here. went to ac10s and have great fun. (i found uac10s jam too much).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users