Will Playerbase Rise Because Of Covid-19?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:17 PM

The game was fading away in '18, COViD19 will just be another nail in the coffin - riding the game of the long term experienced players killed MWO off; just doesn't know it's dead yet . .

#22 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

I'm thinking about playing some MWO again. It's still a pretty fun game to play when drinking.

#23 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:09 AM

You can see a slight increase of peak players at steam charts, maybe due to the event or people locked down at home. But it's just small.

It wouldn't matter if we had double or tripled the number. We'd still have to deal with the current match-maker. Everyone, welcome back to the madness. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Alan Hicks, 18 March 2020 - 06:10 AM.

#24 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 March 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

I received my work-from-home orders only last week but now I am BORED STIFF! I need some air.

I am so tempted to rent a pad by the beach, but it was freaking 33 degrees Fahrenheit this morning! Worse, travel by plane is out of the question. Posted Image

I just watched on the BBC(?) that in the USA they saw a surge in GUN SALES! Posted Image

View PostHazeclaw, on 16 March 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

people are buying weapons to protect the 500 rolls of bathroom tissue they bought

View PostCharronn, on 17 March 2020 - 03:29 AM, said:

Yup huge lines outside the gunshops.Mind boggling.

View PostKotzi, on 17 March 2020 - 07:07 AM, said:

Well best way to fight a virus is 12 gauge in its face.

The lines outside gun stores are mostly for ammo most likely. Kinda sucks if you are in a bad situation and want to buy a gun to protect your family but then have to wait 10 days to pick it up.

The guns aren't for the virus itself...rather for the hordes of toilet paper-less mobs that come after that.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:07 PM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 18 March 2020 - 06:09 AM, said:

Everyone, welcome back to the madness. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I think I have enough madness to deal with in real life already. <shrugs>

#26 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:12 AM

View PostNinjah, on 17 March 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

Since working at home leaves me with a lot of free time I installed MWO again after a year or so. My mechs have all reverted to default skin. Matches are hard to find. Anyway maybe there will be more like me so it'll get better for a while.

like me...installed the new Patch , start the Game ,bring all of the old Settings , and the Game not longer started ..only short a Black Screen ...ok ,so im play Endless space 2 and Xcom 2

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 19 March 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

like me...installed the new Patch , start the Game ,bring all of the old Settings , and the Game not longer started ..only short a Black Screen ...ok ,so im play Endless space 2 and Xcom 2

Try this, please:

Q: Why am I encountering a Black Screen When Launching MWO?

It's likely that your video settings for MWO are set in such a way that the client isn't able to render correctly. Your video settings are stored in an attributes.xml file in your MWO Profile folder; removing it will force your client back to the default settings upon your next login, and you won't lose any important data on your account. However, it may force you to run through the Tutorial once more.

Head to your C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Profiles\<your pilot name> folder, and remove the attributes.xml file located there.

After you've done that launch MWO and log-in and see if this issue persists.

If the issue persists after running through these steps, please contact support at technical@mwomercs.com

#28 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 21 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

Thanks Martian :) sadly no attributes.xml in the Folder ,only the Weapon Configs

#29 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 03:03 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 21 March 2020 - 02:11 AM, said:

Thanks Martian Posted Image sadly no attributes.xml in the Folder ,only the Weapon Configs

If you see no attributes.xml in your Profile folder, something is probably wrong. I would say that you have probably a corrupted MWO installation.

Your Profile folder should look like this:
Posted Image

My recommendation for you would be to run the MWO Repair Tool.

Launch the MWO game client and follow these steps:

Step 1. - Click on those three lines.

Step 2. - Click "Run MWO Repair Tool"

Posted Image

#30 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:25 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 19 March 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

Thanks Martian :)
I´m deinstalled now each single MWO file.Tornament and Test server for example, and installed all new .Thats brings the solution, now MWO clear and started

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 23 March 2020 - 10:27 PM.

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:44 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 23 March 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

Thanks Martian Posted Image
I´m deinstalled now each single MWO file.Tornament and Test server for example, and installed all new .Thats brings the solution, now MWO clear and started

Congratulations!

Have fun!

Do not forget to claim that free Hero Wolverine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users