4 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:33 PM

Some things are just wrong, either by logic or by BattleTech rules.

1. THE BLACK MARKET...... oooooey. Makes you feel like, ah ha here is where you get the good stuff! In any other MW game it is significantly better, but more expensive. In MW5 it's an after thought. Serves no purpose or function. It's just a poorly supplied market. But, it does have that purple lettering.

2. There is no such thing as a small hardpoint. The smallest a weapon mount is is one critical slot.

3. I like the restricted Mechlab, but maybe the mechs need more hardpoints. Many are trash that serve no purpose, so you have to ask, why even have them in the game?

4. The Gauss Rifle is more compact than the AC20 class of weapons. 7 criticals instead of 14-15 or 18 in the case of the Heavy Gauss Rifle. That makes it a medium weapon like the 7 critical AC10's. Fix this please. I really hate this kind of fudging of facts for some idealized balancing point. A lot of standard mech load-outs can't be made because of this. Some are stock mech alternates.

There is more, but fix this stuff or finish making it. Thinking of the Black Market place-holder that MW5 has currently.

Edited by Lightfoot, 14 March 2020 - 11:40 PM.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:39 AM

1. Black Markets are just fully stocked markets in the Conflict Zones.

2. AC2, SRM2, LRM5, Small Lasers, etc., are considered as Small Weapons.

3. Yep, that's the general thought echoed by most. Why can't one variant of an Annihilator or a Mauler be able to use ONE AC20 or a Gauss Rifle?

4. See point # 3.

Solution for points 2, 3, 4 is... https://www.nexusmod...enaries/mods/42

#3 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:17 AM

I am usually going to commercial hubs every few missions. I think most players are, so MW5's Black Market serves no strategic function. In past MechWarrior games the Black Market contained the rare and early availability items that you couldn't otherwise get. This is best IMHO.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:53 AM

No disagreement there. Most of the players think that the Black Markets is just a placeholder.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:57 PM

Agree, i have never used the black market because of the low tier weapons occurrence but it can be useful as a source of ammunition. Honestly they should make black markets more attractive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users