4 replies to this topic

#1 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:22 PM

Greetings All,
I am running a MAD-4HP, with 4 med pulse, 3 srm4, and 6 srm2, standard eng 360 x 4 DHS, 5 more DHS and 5T of ammo and max armor (-3 on the legs to even out to 100t) and a MK2 targeting computer. The spread on the 2s are 2.5 and the 4s are 4. Would the -5% skill tree missile spread reduction be of much use to the 2s/4s?

Its only 2pts, but if the -5% is not that useful, I would rather put those points to something else...

Thank you for any help!

War Kitten

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

Personally I think that SRM-2 and SRM-4 are good as they come and the additional benefit coming from those SPs would not be especially big.
I would not spend those skill points on them, especially if you have other - non-missile - weapons on your 'Mech that would get no improvement.

#3 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

Missile spread is weak skill, and won't do much for alredy accurate SRM 2-4. It more useful for MRM - which have a lot of missiles and spread - preferably in combination with perk.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

Missile spread is more useful when stacked with Artemis.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:51 PM

Missile spread for SRMs? Always. Why would you not want a tighter cluster. Even at 280m, SRM2 can spread. You have to get it on the way to missle rack anyway? So saying it's pointless is extremely silly.

Artemis is of more benefit however. If you combine the powers of missile spread you can build an absolute murder machine. A SRM/MPL is not really what the mech is good at. Especially when they are spread over two low-mount arms.

Use this MAD build: MAD-4HP - Fire 4s, 6s, then 4s again.

Use this SKILL MAZE

You can save 11 points if you skill consumables and add into survival. I would highly recommend at least 1 coolshot for it however. It does run a bit warm after an extended fight.

Basically max firepower because that's it's purpose. As much survival and cooling as possible to maximse the firepower. If you find you run cool because you are a bit new and don't shoot as often - then take operations out and add in more survival.

Trust me when I say it's good. The trick here is to actively SHIELD with the SRM4 side so it falls off first. Hence the DHS are in the arm and not in the torso - the aim is to never lose that right side until the end. The JJ makes this easier to do. If you run outta ammo, drop a DHS.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 March 2020 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users